Britney's new book 'The Woman In Me' hits #1 on the New York Times' Bestseller list!

3 minutes ago, PlatinumB said:

We don't need a silly think piece about why you think the New York Times bestsellers list is invalid. If you do some research you will see her GLOBAL SALES are just as big! 

I am sure her global sales are colossal. She's a mega star. I just think it's obvious she was going to make the New Yotk Times bestseller list, because their requirement for sales is so low relative to someone with a fan base of millions of people.

Y'all, this was literally a light hearted comment I made because I see jokes about the New York Times list all over the internet. It wasn't about Britney or her accomplishments. This forum is not rational sometimes. I support Brit and have been waiting for her book since 2008. 

• Haha 2
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, TheBeatGoesOn said:

I am sure her global sales are colossal. She's a mega star. I just think it's obvious she was going to make the New Yotk Times bestseller list, because their requirement for sales is so low relative to someone with a fan base of millions of people.

Y'all, this was literally a light hearted comment I made because I see jokes about the New York Times list all over the internet. It wasn't about Britney or her accomplishments. This forum is not rational sometimes. I support Brit and have been waiting for her book since 2008. 

American Horror Story Good Job GIF by AHS

• Haha 4

The new york times best seller list isn't based purely on sales. They also take in account media traction and some type of content quality (im guessing based on the taste of jury members). The list has been critiqued for being biased in the past for that reason. 

However i rhink you might be confusing the NYT best seller list with being an Amazon #1 best seller? There's a guy (Brent Underwood, he's a YouTuber now) who made a point about it a few years ago. Here's a link to an article explaining what he did:

WWW.TELEREAD.COM

How easy is it to have an Amazon bestseller? Easier than you might think. On The Observer, publicist Brent...

Edited by MonaLisa~
  • Like 2
11 minutes ago, TheBeatGoesOn said:

I understand what you're saying about the NYT list - heck, maybe Jamie Lynn was a bestseller to them at one point 

• Haha 1
53 minutes ago, PlatinumB said:

They do that for every new book though... :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand: Harry's book was discounted at release.:bedtime_britney_book_Reading: 

48 minutes ago, Addicted25 said:

Clearly you dont read or know how marketing for books work. 

Look, they sold her book for as long as possible at full price, but they wanted to keep #1, so they lowered the price to keep it #1. The same thing happens in the music, Mariah did this in the past with her singles.

• Like 1
Just now, Whitney Houston said:

Look, they sold her book for as long as possible at full price, but they wanted to keep #1, so they lowered the price to keep it #1. The same thing happens in the music, Mariah did this in the past with her singles.

Look. 

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Spare, which is released in January, has been heavily discounted by larger retailers, leaving smaller bookshops unable to compete

• Like 2
1 hour ago, TheBeatGoesOn said:

Ok but it's a running joke that just about every book in the world is considered a New York Times bestseller lol. 

A New York Times best seller, and #1 New York Times best seller are 2 different things.

its like Britney saying Hold Me Closer was #1 in 40 countries (only on iTunes) and BOMT being #1 in 40 countries (on official charts). 2 different things 

• Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block