On Justin Timberlake

My first thought of reading what she wrote about Justin is that he must be completely shocked. For 20 years, they have barely if ever spoken and every time he commented on her, she never responded or had anything to say back. This is the first time in two decades (as far as we know) he’s really hearing how she feels about him. 

I said this in another post but I do think all of his comments about her came from still loving her and anger that their relationship did not work out. He wrote so many songs over the years about longing that are seemingly about her. Without ever hearing her opinion or feelings, I feel like it would make sense for him to assume she had none for him whatsoever. Especially since he’s tried to reach out and has been rejected. 

Anyway, for everyone who keeps harping on him like “he deserves this!!” I just keep thinking he probably cares less about the abor**on reveal and other “controversies” and is probably just stunned that she made it pretty clear how much she loved him and that the situation is still so heartbreaking for her.

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Sounds like he is angry and hates her again. He refused to not perform cmar with an attitude saying "**** that" recently and now one of his producers rob knox laughing at the comments that timberlake's comeback plans were ruined by the book. He is going to be dissing her probably pretty soon

I think she broke his heart, too. Everyone always references Cry Me A River, but look up some of his other song lyrics from the same album. Still On My Brain and Never Again have to be about Britney. I think she really oversimplified their relationship in her book. Don't get me wrong, Justin treated her horribly after it was all said and done. But he definitely didn't walk away from relationship that without his own wounds.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, TheBeatGoesOn said:

I think she broke his heart, too. Everyone always references Cry Me A River, but look up some of his other song lyrics from the same album. Still On My Brain and Never Again have to be about Britney. I think she really oversimplified their relationship in her book. Don't get me wrong, Justin treated her horribly after it was all said and done. But he definitely didn't walk away from relationship that without his own wounds.

For sure. I mean he said so many things like this:

“I may not ever get over her,” Timberlake told the magazine. “I do have to come to the realization that I might never [recover].

• Love 1

Yeah, I absolutely think he did her dirty but I do believe there was genuine love there at one point and hurt on both sides. 

Another user pointed out that he did want to reconcile for a time after that big breakup (although I think Britney said it was ultimately so he could tell her about CMAR and used that as an excuse to get her to talk to him) and I was surprised she didn’t mention that. She also ended up going to his birthday party the next year and was papped leaving his house in the early morning around the same time.

I do think they were in contact at various points after their official breakup and I’m soooo curious what that was all about. Did they try getting back together? If so, it’s interesting Britney didn’t mention it. The book made it seem like once they broke up and he brought her that letter, they didn’t really have much to do with each other and he was happily running all over Hollywood with other girls.

Maybe it was just too hard for her to relive it all. 

Edited by britmebaby_onemoretime
1 hour ago, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

They were young and dumb. I’d be horrified if my 18 year old relationship was being revisited, but, they’re both famous and she was telling her story. It comes with the territory. I’m sure when Justin one day writes a book he will tell his side of things. 

He did write his autobiography, “Hindsight” in October 2018. 

spacer.png

Everyone saying how JT was so in love and hurting too…uhm he cheated on her multiple times before she had her thing with Wade. Why is everyone giving him so much grace and thinking that he actually still had feelings for her? You don’t cheat on someone you “love” or the person  you “don’t think you’ll ever get over”. Him writing these love songs and saying these quotes for magazines was exactly what hurt Britney- it’s his pro-JT propaganda, when in reality he was the one already moved on and sleeping with new women. He wasn’t actually wallowing in sorrow like she was. 

She was the one that truly loved him, turned a blind eye to his affairs, loved being with his family more than her own, wanted his baby, and yet, he’s the one publicly putting out the narrative she was the horrible woman, a cheater, broke his heart. It sounds like she hurt his ego by getting with Wade. She’s said at that point she was already so hurt by him. Idk if she got with Wade because she actually liked him in that moment, or she got fed up with the cheating that JT was doing and what better way to hurt him the most than to get with his best friend? Justin’s revenge was to spread so much private info about Britney. He even said if he was to ever write something on her, he wouldn’t be able to not release every bad thing about her. 

Ultimately JT made a successful solo career at the expense of Britney. How do we even know if he truly had love for her after the breakup or did he just noticed how much publicity and sales he got whenever he talked about or alluded to her in an interview or song? I think he did love her at some point but being so young, and not being faithful to her, he probably just wanted to enjoy being a famous, single young man. The Wade thing gave him an out. Britney was so loved by the public, if he broke up with her before the Wade thing, he would’ve been the bad guy, and that would hurt his solo career. Like she said in the book, KFed and JT were more calculated and she always played into their games.

Edited by MikeHunt
  • Like 4
19 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

Everyone saying how JT was so in love and hurting too…uhm he cheated on her multiple times before she had her thing with Wade. Why is everyone giving him so much grace and thinking that he actually still had feelings for her? You don’t cheat on someone you “love” or the person  you “don’t think you’ll ever get over”. Him writing these love songs and saying these quotes for magazines was exactly what hurt Britney- it’s his pro-JT propaganda, when in reality he was the one already moved on and sleeping with new women. He wasn’t actually wallowing in sorrow like she was. 

She was the one that truly loved him, turned a blind eye to his affairs, loved being with his family more than her own, wanted his baby, and yet, he’s the one publicly putting out the narrative she was the horrible woman, a cheater, broke his heart. It sounds like she hurt his ego by getting with Wade. She’s said at that point she was already so hurt by him. Idk if she got with Wade because she actually liked him in that moment, or she got fed up with the cheating that JT was doing and what better way to hurt him the most than to get with his best friend? Justin’s revenge was to spread so much private info about Britney. He even said if he was to ever write something on her, he wouldn’t be able to not release every bad thing about her. 

Ultimately JT made a successful solo career at the expense of Britney. How do we even know if he truly had love for her after the breakup or did he just noticed how much publicity and sales he got whenever he talked about or alluded to her in an interview or song? I think he did love her at some point but being so young, and not being faithful to her, he probably just wanted to enjoy being a famous, single young man. The Wade thing gave him an out. Britney was so loved by the public, if he broke up with her before the Wade thing, he would’ve been the bad guy, and that would hurt his solo career. Like she said in the book, KFed and JT were more calculated and she always played into their games.

I'm sorry to break it to you, but people do cheat on those they love. I couldn't imagine doing it, but it happens every day. A ***** young man with gorgeous women throwing themselves at him. Thousands of miles away for his girlfriend. It happens. It shouldn't have to, but I don't think Justin was a great guy.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block