Open Letter to Britney Spears

32 minutes ago, Jamesgatsby said:

I’ve been a Britney fan since the very start. Quite honestly, I’ve been studying the girl and woman behind the music and persona searching for the answer to: How could I be so entranced with a woman who people say was a cultivated, perfected image conjured up by record execs and the industry some going as far to say as having no true artistic talent? 

I’m some odd way, Britney Spears’ The Women In Me made me feel seen.

All the years spent truly trying to understand her, rather than the perception sold to us, I was finally able to hear Britney’s story on her terms. 

Throughout the book, I couldn’t help thinking to myself, “That’s exactly how I thought you felt,” “That’s exactly why I defended you,” “That’s exactly what I thought was happening.” Overall, it breaks my heart to hear how unhappy and truly alone she felt, especially when there are so many fans, similar to myself, who at all points of her public life just wanted to support and protect her. At many moments, so many fans like me simply wanted to give her a hug. 

In the book, she says, “I think my connection to my fans helped them subconsciously know that I was in danger. We have a connection, no matter where we are in space. Even if you're on the other side of the country or the world, on some level we're bound up together. Fans of mine-even though I hadn't said anything online or in the press about being confined-they just seemed to know.” 

I lost it. Full on tears, transporting me back to my childhood room bawling from a lack of understanding. Desperate to be seen for the person I wanted to be- similar to Britney. 

I’m left feeling fulfilled that she’s reached this point in her life: freedom to search for joy in her own way, on her own terms. 

I was recently asked by a friend, “What would I say to her or ask her if given the opportunity?”

I hesitated. What a large question. 

All I would want say is thank you! Thank you for sharing your story when you truly didn’t have to, for exposing yourself yet again even though doing so in the past didn’t garner the understanding and empathy you deserved and needed. 

I think it may be difficult from some fans to truly understand that she doesn’t owe us anything, yet she mustered the strength to relive some of the darkest moments of her life. Yes, she did this for her own healing journey as well, but it doesn’t escape me that in some type of way the book is a thank you to her fans.  

For that reason and many more, I’m truly in awe of the strength she possesses. The world has been so cruel to her, and somehow she still maintains true kindness in her heart. 

People may make fun of me for caring so much about someone I don’t even know, let alone a celebrity. But I think to myself, especially during this time in the world with so many people hurting from a lack of understanding. What if we all cared a little bit more about the stranger next to us as we all navigate this experiment called life. Lead with a bit more heart and kindness like Britney does. I believe, the world would be a better place.

Forever in her corner, 

James 

🌹💕

I feel exactly the same. Thank you for writing that! 🫶

• Love 1

“James”! :britlol_britney_surprised_wow_oh_shocked_choatic:
Britney can’t escape the James/Jamies of the world!! :dead_falling_wig_dying:

jokes aside, a very lovely sentiment. On a psychological level, I can’t think of another celebrity that has been put through sooo much pressure, attention, negativity, scrutiny, hate and trauma from the world, that actually came out still a hopeful person. She truly is such a strong person. Many would’ve given up on life, but she endured and kept moving forward. I’ve had a break down from stuff going on in my life, in my little world of mine- imagine Brit on the world’s level. She is a role model to me. She’s always maintained her faith and strength and it saw her through. 🌹 

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

“James”! :britlol_britney_surprised_wow_oh_shocked_choatic:
Britney can’t escape the James/Jamies of the world!! :dead_falling_wig_dying:

jokes aside, a very lovely sentiment. On a psychological level, I can’t think of another celebrity that has been put through sooo much pressure, attention, negativity, scrutiny, hate and trauma from the world, that actually came out still a hopeful person. She truly is such a strong person. Many would’ve given up on life, but she endured and kept moving forward. I’ve had a break down from stuff going on in my life, in my little world of mine- imagine Brit on the world’s level. She is a role model to me. She’s always maintained her faith and strength and it saw her through. 🌹 

Haha! 

She deserves to be recognized as a pillar of strength. She’s helped so many people. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jamesgatsby said:

I’ve been a Britney fan since the very start. Quite honestly, I’ve been studying the girl and woman behind the music and persona searching for the answer to: How could I be so entranced with a woman who people say was a cultivated, perfected image conjured up by record execs and the industry some going as far to say as having no true artistic talent? 

I’m some odd way, Britney Spears’ The Women In Me made me feel seen.

All the years spent truly trying to understand her, rather than the perception sold to us, I was finally able to hear Britney’s story on her terms. 

Throughout the book, I couldn’t help thinking to myself, “That’s exactly how I thought you felt,” “That’s exactly why I defended you,” “That’s exactly what I thought was happening.” Overall, it breaks my heart to hear how unhappy and truly alone she felt, especially when there are so many fans, similar to myself, who at all points of her public life just wanted to support and protect her. At many moments, so many fans like me simply wanted to give her a hug. 

In the book, she says, “I think my connection to my fans helped them subconsciously know that I was in danger. We have a connection, no matter where we are in space. Even if you're on the other side of the country or the world, on some level we're bound up together. Fans of mine-even though I hadn't said anything online or in the press about being confined-they just seemed to know.” 

I lost it. Full on tears, transporting me back to my childhood room bawling from a lack of understanding. Desperate to be seen for the person I wanted to be- similar to Britney. 

I’m left feeling fulfilled that she’s reached this point in her life: freedom to search for joy in her own way, on her own terms. 

I was recently asked by a friend, “What would I say to her or ask her if given the opportunity?”

I hesitated. What a large question. 

All I would want say is thank you! Thank you for sharing your story when you truly didn’t have to, for exposing yourself yet again even though doing so in the past didn’t garner the understanding and empathy you deserved and needed. 

I think it may be difficult from some fans to truly understand that she doesn’t owe us anything, yet she mustered the strength to relive some of the darkest moments of her life. Yes, she did this for her own healing journey as well, but it doesn’t escape me that in some type of way the book is a thank you to her fans.  

For that reason and many more, I’m truly in awe of the strength she possesses. The world has been so cruel to her, and somehow she still maintains true kindness in her heart. 

People may make fun of me for caring so much about someone I don’t even know, let alone a celebrity. But I think to myself, especially during this time in the world with so many people hurting from a lack of understanding. What if we all cared a little bit more about the stranger next to us as we all navigate this experiment called life. Lead with a bit more heart and kindness like Britney does. I believe, the world would be a better place.

Forever in her corner, 

James 

🌹💕

Beautiful letter

Imagine if Britney read it and drag you :indulge_McDonalds_food_yum_fast_chew_eat_chomp_bite:

• Haha 1
31 minutes ago, KStar28 said:

Couldn't have said it better! This is beautiful and exactly how I feel too.

Britney deserves the freedom to just be without judgement. She deserves that peace. 

Yeah! I feel at such peace. I don’t need anything else from her. I’m not searching for the answers anymore. 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block