Katy Perry is coming back to music

''Katy Perry Reveals Plans for New Music: ‘I Will Be Back, But Let Me Get This Right’''

As her Play Las Vegas residency comes to a close, Katy Perry sat down with Good Morning America Friday (Aug. 4) to reflect on the show and muse about her plans for new music.''

The Grammy-nominated artist’s last studio album arrived just two days after she gave birth to Daisy. Titled Smile, the album peaked at No. 5 on the Billboard 200 and spawned the Billboard Hot 100 track “Daisies” (No. 40). “I’m always writing, I have been, but I think what’s really important to me is to be celebrating the world that I’ve got to build with all of these wonderful songs and to be responsible for a life for a 3-year-old,” she added. “I will be back, but let me get this right.”

The “Roar” singer launched her Play residency back in December 2021, and, by the time the show closes on Nov. 4, it will have spawned 10 legs. Perry has delivered more than 50 shows of her blockbuster residency, which includes a setlist that boasts several of her Hot 100 No. 1 hits, hilarious props and flashy dance numbers.''

FULL:

katy-perry-gma-2023-billboard-1548.jpg?w
WWW.BILLBOARD.COM

Katy Perry discussed plans for new music and the end of her Las Vegas residency in a new interview. Watch it here.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, princessmimi said:

No offense but honestly is anyone really asking for new Katy Perry music in 2023?

She never had timeless music like Britney did and constantly was mean to her and other people including fans.

Plus her voice isn’t pleasant at all.

It’s ironic that she called Mariah Carey a throwback yet now Katy is actually one.

Lol that’s karma. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

Btw I am not a hater,

im just saying my opinion.

I actually was a fan when I was a teen and saw her in concert in 2008.

I would argue her album Teenage Dreams was a 2010's pop album classic, and most of those songs were monster hits and still get played. She just needs the right mix of sound and promo. 

• Love 1
  • Like 3

her first 3 albums had some amazing songs on them but Witness and Smile were awful. she really needs some amazing pop tunes again that are catchy. i have to say though i saw her on the Witness toúr in 2018 in Glasgow and she was amazing, she puts on an amazing show and i'd definitely see her again, But she needs great songs again

• Like 1
23 hours ago, princessmimi said:

No offense but honestly is anyone really asking for new Katy Perry music in 2023?

She never had timeless music like Britney did and constantly was mean to her and other people including fans.

It’s ironic that she called Mariah Carey a throwback yet now Katy is actually one.

Lol that’s karma. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

Plus she can't hit long notes, same Taylor Swift. And their improvisation with a-a-a-a and oh-oh-oh-oh is really ridiculous :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

Edited by Flavor Of Love
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Btw I am not a hater,

im just saying my opinion.

I actually was a fan when I was a teen and saw her in concert in 2008.

I don't like Katy, but her first three albums are timeless. Teenage Dream, including, continues to chart on several music charts even after 12 years of release. But the GP definitely doesn't care about her anymore and she's unlikely to have commercial success again.

• Like 1

When I’m gone was amazing. She really put it all into that.❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️go Katy 

It sucks that Britney makes no effort but I guess this time she didn’t really get any more attention with MJB. William is ready to do all the work and that’s good as Britney is not near the studio control board at all. She’s in the next city over gyrating while William slaves away with his macbook 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Mods
2 hours ago, Martian_M00d said:

I would argue her album Teenage Dreams was a 2010's pop album classic, and most of those songs were monster hits and still get played. She just needs the right mix of sound and promo. 

I actually still listen and love Teenage Dream.

Its so nostalgic for me.

Its too bad she couldnt make a sequel to that album.

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, Joel Santos said:

I don't like Katy, but her first three albums are timeless. Teenage Dream, including, continues to chart on several music charts even after 12 years of release. But the GP definitely doesn't care about her anymore and she's unlikely to have commercial success again.

She was doing well with her first 3 albums but then she drastically changed her image and sound for the Witness era.

I know this sounds shallow but it seems like the moment she cut most of her hair and dyed it blonde like Miley, she lost alot of fans and the GP's attention.

It seems like most of her success was cause of her sx appeal and beautiful black hair. (Which is ironic cause she's a natural blonde)

Witness killed her mainstream success in my opinion and that ugly album cover didnt help as well.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.