Out of 10, how would you rate will.i.am & Britney's 'Mind Your Business'? [POLL]

Out of 10, how would you rate will.i.am & Britney's 'Mind Your Business'?  

450 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I gave it a 9.5 only because I feel like it's missing something in the instrumental.

Like it needs more strength to be truly a club banger, but it has potential for some good remixes. There's already that mashup with Big Fat Bass and Trace Adam is doing his remix as well.

Given how many remixes the latest BEP singles got, I think we're gonna get some few mixes for MYB as well, so I'm looking forward to them

One listen was enough for me, I’m shocked so many of you are liking it. You can’t say it doesn’t sound like BJ scraps if you’re being honest. The whole thing from the weird 20 year old promo pictures to the lack of any real acknowledgment from Britney herself REEKS of her management going for a cash grab while her names in the news lately for her book/being slapped. 
Just feels very cheap and slapped together and thrown out.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 3
9 minutes ago, Danishfan said:

So you’re basically saying we have to love it, just because it’s Britney. I’ve never been a fan of her work with Will I Am, just because I hate the processed vocals, and especially in 2023 this just sounds dated af. HMC is 100000x better, with actual vocal moments from her. 

I never once said you have to love it but it certainly doesn't deserve a 0/10. A 0/10 would be a song like 'Chillin With You', not 'Mind Your Business'. Please don't put words into my mouth. I'm also not too keen on will.i.am myself but he has some good songs and 'MYB' is definitely one of the better ones he's done for Britney. And you hate processed vocals but can't admit that 'HMC' also used processed vocals, if not more than 'MYB'? :idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking: You couldn't even hear her on that song and the demo version was even worse with her strained, croakish and frog moans and adlibs. At least 'MYB' sound more like Britney Spears that the general public knows and loves. It has her iconic catchprase and at least showcases some personality. There is absolutely no 'vocal moment', distinction or personality in 'HMC'. She's literally just a background instrument on it. 

11 minutes ago, kdub87 said:

One listen was enough for me, I’m shocked so many of you are liking it. You can’t say it doesn’t sound like BJ scraps if you’re being honest. The whole thing from the weird 20 year old promo pictures to the lack of any real acknowledgment from Britney herself REEKS of her management going for a cash grab while her names in the news lately for her book/being slapped. 
Just feels very cheap and slapped together and thrown out.

What management? What cash grab? :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: Artists hardly even make money these days from streams for one song. The money is in business, brands, touring, merchandise, etc. And didn't we have rumors of her having a song with Will before from all the way back in June? Some of you guys have way too much time on your hands. it's never that deep or as sinister as you make  it want to seem. Unless Britney told us to boycott it, it's not a crime to enjoy a song.

43 minutes ago, Joshyworld said:

Wtf? I promise you it's not that bad. Not even the general public or Britney's harshest critic would give it a 'minus option'. That's just uncalled for. 

Like I said before, it's miles better than 'Hold Me Closer' where you couldn't even hear her muffled voice. At least in 'MYB', it showcases personality, attitude and you can distinctively tell that it's a Britney Spears song. it's definitely one of the better Will tracks he's produced for Britney and imo, probably right below 'Scream & Shout' 

Some of you are being way too overdramatic imo and this kind of extreme backlash and negativity from her own fans isn't even cool. But do you I guess if you genuinely think the song is a 0/10...

Well you have a right to have your opinion and I have the right to mine. I think it’s a pop crime. It’s better to be honest than lie to Britney that we all love this song. It’s important to receive feedback or else she might wanna continue on the same path. Is that what you want?

also this better than HMC?😂 well you enjoy this song then!

I can still love and support Britney but not like this song!

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Joshyworld said:

What management? What cash grab? :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: Artists hardly even make money these days from streams for one song. The money is in business, brands, touring, merchandise, etc. And didn't we have rumors of her having a song with Will before from all the way back in June? Some of you guys have way too much time on your hands. it's never that deep or as sinister as you make  it want to seem. Unless Britney told us to boycott it, it's not a crime to enjoy a song.

Oh im not mad that y’all like it, why would I be? Just shocked. Stream away! rickey smiley eye roll GIF by TV One

• Haha 1

The song is not to my taste at all so I'm not going to like it but if people find enjoyment through the song then that's cool, honestly the only good thing I can take from this is that at least britney has someone in the industry that isn't going to take advantage of her. Will.i.am seems like a nice person regardless of how I feel about his music

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, nakedsoldier said:

Well you have a right to have your opinion and I have the right to mine. I think it’s a pop crime. It’s better to be honest than lie to Britney that we all love this song. It’s important to receive feedback or else she might wanna continue on the same path. Is that what you want?

also this better than HMC?😂 well you enjoy this song then!

I can still love and support Britney but not like this song!

But I am being honest? No one said disliking something makes you less of a fan, at least that's not what I said so please don't put words into my mouth. I'm one of the harshest critics here and am (notoriously) known for that. Again, the song is not as bad as some of you are making it seem. It really just feels like some of you are trying to bandwagon some of the other fans on here who are making it a trend to say it isn't good. Yes, it's no 'Toxic' but the song's purpose gives what it's supposed to give. It's supposed to be sassy, meaningless, silly, and fun but more importantly, it actually sounds cohesive which came as a surprise since a lot of Will's productions in the past have felt like demos ('Work *****', 'ISBE', 'Body Ache', etc.) Her verses are nice, her voice is clear and not muffled or shuffled around with random vocalists. The autotune isn't to the point where it's unnecessary but actually fits the vibe and intent of the song. It has a lot of sass, attitude., etc. The background chants towards the end help build the song up.  To me, it's miles better than 'HMC' where you couldn't even hear her voice and no distinction to it. 

Edited by Joshyworld

I gave it a 9 because of what the lyrical content is and how it pertains to Britney after the Con ended. Even if it’s an old reject, it’s so relevant to her now and I’m glad she’s telling her truth and flipping off the BAnon, TMZ and haters with this song. It’s like she’s in on the joke and finally telling them all they’re clowns. 

The song is catchy, some what dates sounding. The verses are good, I just wish the production was fresh. Will is stuck in the 2010s. It’s still good but just not revolutionary. I can see the song going Top 5.

Im just glad we got new Britney music and the Barbie film in the same weekend! A win for the gays and girlie gals! :bouncey:

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Viking84 said:

You should have put just 0-10 without the .5s. It looks too messy like this.

As usual. Always picking a fight, steering off-topic, provoking users, grasping at straws and trying to argue with everyone. The poll is just fine and gives users more options if their ratings fall in line at the halfway mark, but thank you for your concern. 

Edited by Joshyworld

Its a solid 3 for me. The verses have potential but the rest of the song clearly never made it past demo form. That's more of a criticism of Will than Britney aa a producer though. I feel he should have reworked this a bit more.

I think the 'mind your b' and 'mind your business *****' bits would have been a lot more catchy if they were layered with a deeper tone akin to how she sang S&S. 

Glad people like it. Its not for me. Its made me appreciate the songs that made it onto Britney Jean if this is the best of what was left off. BRB gonna go listen to Chillin with you instead. 

Edited by Jajay119
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.