What do you think about Britney and will.i.am's new collab "Mind Your Business?"

Britney and will.i.am's new song ''Mind Your Business''   

1,129 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ummm…Im kind of struggling to even really consider calling this a proper song. It’s giving me the vibes of when YouTubers try to launch a singing career. I think a 12yo who was skilled with Garage Band could make this. I’m sorry, and I’m not trying to s—t on Britney or anything and I honestly have zero expectations for her doing anymore music after everything but just being honest. Given the amazing quality we know she is capable of it’s way below her standards. But it might be a hit in clubs or something because it is catchy. Will I Am seems nice but gosh how does he have a career? Everything he releases is awful and nearly all the average music in B’s career is linked to him. The c-ship not only robbed B of so much of her life but also of her passion for music (which I don’t blame her), feel like it briefly came back in the Glory period but that’s about it. Obviously it’s not even comparable to all the horrors she endured but I’ll always be sad we were robbed of hearing more of her own creativity, so much of her best stuff is the unreleased tracks she wrote on etc. She’s extremely talented creatively but I think the passion is long gone.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Slave4Brit88 said:

Ummm…Im kind of struggling to even really consider calling this a proper song. It’s giving me the vibes of when YouTubers try to launch a singing career. I think a 12yo who was skilled with Garage Band could make this. I’m sorry, and I’m not trying to s—t on Britney or anything and I honestly have zero expectations for her doing anymore music after everything but just being honest. Given the amazing quality we know she is capable of it’s way below her standards. But it might be a hit in clubs or something because it is catchy. Will I Am seems nice but gosh how does he have a career? Everything he releases is awful and nearly all the average music in B’s career is linked to him. The c-ship not only robbed B of so much of her life but also of her passion for music (which I don’t blame her), feel like it briefly came back in the Glory period but that’s about it. Obviously it’s not even comparable to all the horrors she endured but I’ll always be sad we were robbed of hearing more of her own creativity, so much of her best stuff is the unreleased tracks she wrote on etc. She’s extremely talented creatively but I think the passion is long gone.

I think Britney simply does not care anymore.

will.i.am probably asked her: "Is it okay if I release a song from back in the day?"
and she was like: "yea sure, let's put it out" 

she doesn't even bother to promote the song

• Like 5

I’ve still only heard a MQ 2 min clip on Twitter thus far, after hearing that for the first time I thought eh, don’t love or hate it, BUT it’s been stuck in my head ever since. Now I’ve gone back and listened to that same clip a couple more times and it has really grown on me! It’s catchy and fun, and I still haven’t even heard the full HQ version! I like it.

Is it spectacular? No. Will it be another career classic for her? Probably not. I do think there’s an audience for this though and it could definitely be a moderate hit for them!! It’s going to make for fantastic remixes! Im excited!

OMG... That "song" is so BAD! scream and shout and work ***** are masterpieces compare to this... I'm in shook! Her voice sounds horrible.. I'm sorry this is not britney, not the britney that I know and I use to love. It's embarrassing... 

Britney get away of will I am, please! 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

All right. LOL

I don't hate it NEARLY as much as I thought I would? It sounds rough and demo-like. It's really lacking some sparkle and oomph. It sounds flat. I'm rarely critical of B but I'm not really loving her performance here either (NOT faulting her whatsoever because... well, we all know how it is.) Still, it's fun and kind of weird, which is my FAVORITE flavor of Britney's music. 🌹 I'm still going to withhold some of my judgement until I'm boppin' in the car on the way to see the Barbie movie this weekend. :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

Edited by Spiritbox
  • Love 1

The official version vs the leak going around makes a biggggg difference. 

still a bit campy but that last chorus at the end was amazing imo. It’s fun n trippy. I’d love a y2k matrix music video vibe something like nj n Janet’s scream video bc that’s what I’m getting from this song as a vid but we’re Deff not getting any music video 

soo imma just mind my buzz 😅😭

All of you hating on her vocals,  saying they are overproduced... you are aware this is britney spears,  right?  And maybe what you are accustom to in the past is actually the overproduced, layered vocals of a curated pop princess...

I'm just so confused with the hate this is getting from the expert music producers on this forum.  She actually is in control and chose to do this. We should be celebrating. Let her find herself and her voice.

Just listen, support her and dance. ✌️ oh, and mind your B. 

Edited by Trevah
  • Love 4
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.