Anyone else ever realize how unrecognizable and different Britney looks in the BOMT video?

23 hours ago, Dcarp999 said:

I am on a Britney music video marathon today.

I had a flashback to when I was a kid, and I first saw the video for "Crazy" and my image of Britney in my head was how she looked in the BOMT video and I had trouble recognizing her in the video for at least the first several minutes. I thought the same today.

I am blown away by how unrecognizable she looks in the BOMT video, compared to Oops, Crazy, Overprotected, and Sometimes where you can tell it is clearly her. 

No implications to this, no conspiracies.. just sort of blown away by it. She is like a shapeshifter. It is not just hair and makeup but just... everything. 

Is it just that Hollywood had not yet given her the iconic "Britney" look that we recognize as her so clearly and she still looks like a child?

maxresdefault.jpg

Britney-Spears-...Baby-One-More-Time-scr

Britney-1.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Compared to:

britney-oops.jpg?h=d679be2c&itok=gR6YIoc

Sometimes-Britney-Spears.jpg

Britney_Spears_Overprotected.jpg

DZvOhr4.jpg

This is so wild because I remember when the stronger music video came out in November 2000 I asked my mom how she looked so different because to me an 8 year old it was mind boggling. I was so fascinated by it haha. 

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, SwiftSpears92 said:

This is so wild because I remember when the stronger music video came out in November 2000 I asked my mom how she looked so different because to me an 8 year old it was mind boggling. I was so fascinated by it haha. 

When you noticed this, what video was your point of reference for her that you were comparing her to?

I think she looks very different in Stronger and Lucky versus Oops also. But still recognizable as the same person.

I also notice in Crossroads, she looks closest to the Lucky and Oops videos.

Edited by Dcarp999

She was a child.  She just grow up basically. Of course they put makeup and changed her hair after BOMT. For me currentney not recognizble at all. Not just her panda makeup, teeth and nose job. Like the way currentney moves just odd. She wasn't feeling herself at all during FF era. She was like a zombie. Highly medicated. But she was still Britney. I don't know how to explain but Instagramney sometimes giving me the creeps. Totally understandable why tiktokers coming up with new theory every day.

On 6/17/2023 at 11:48 PM, Emil87 said:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

I actually had a fight with my cousin over this as a kid, I swore up and down that she was a latina! :clownery_makeup_meme:

In my defense, I had just moved here from Poland where everyone is one shade of white. 

There are pale, blue eyed latinas. White latinas. Black latinas too. Latina indicates a region, not the physical characteristic of being olive-skinned (which I think is what you're talking about. I'm not sure...)

A better example of a white Latina might be Marilyn Monroe who I think was half Mexican. But I don't remember Britney ever speaking about any ancestry from latin America.

Edited by Cancer
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Cancer said:

There are pale, blue eyed latinas. White latinas. Black latinas too. Latina indicates a region, not the physical characteristic of being olive-skinned (which I think is what you're talking about. I'm not sure...)

A better example of a white Latina might be Marilyn Monroe who I think was half Mexican. But I don't remember Britney ever speaking about any ancestry from latin America.

Thank you for educating me. 

On 6/17/2023 at 2:54 PM, Dcarp999 said:

It was always a weird contrast to me because Britney looks more like an Italian girl from New Jersey than like your stereotype white girl next door from the US south (since she looks like Lynne and nothing like Jamie thankfully). Her look contrasts greatly with the media image of her in the early years as the all-American Southern girl next door.

I'm from the South and I don't agree at all - it's all about tanning in the South. Plus Britney is from Louisianna which has lots of Spanish ancestry aka Cajun people. Yall really are uncultured. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.