Have you read any celebrity autobiographies? PREPARE YOURSELF FOR BRITNEY'S <3

I always liked reading biographies, and lately I've been hooked on celebrity ones since I heard that Britney is planning on releasing a book herself!

So far I've read the following:

91faEu1iTML._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Mariah is really obsessed with her hair, but I like how that is also a constant throughout the book and somehow ties all the themes together... To me she avoids a lot of topics but at least she's consistent in talking about her family, her career, and mostly her relationship with Tommy Mottola. She uses some "dahlings" here and there that sometimes come out of nowhere and make the reading sound cringe or disjointed (that's when you can tell the co-author took a brief step aside and basically let her dictate the text word by word). I didn't know that she went through so much, and she seems very resilient and lovable. I don't understand how she can remember so much stuff at such a young age though... That's when I sometimes thought she was writing her own stories rather than real ones haha

813v6t9AIwL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

OMG THIS BOOK AMAZING. I am not joking in the slightest. I enjoyed it SO much. I basically discovered a new Jessica, and I love her now. Also, she seems so generous throughout her life, and even while writing this book because it's done in such a way that let's you explicitly feel like a part of it, and it's full of life lessons that she learned herself. Also, smart woman.....

41nLcO+ZVoL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

This bish..... I still don't really know what to think about this man, he's just so attractive to me, both physically and as a person. I think he was basically a jerk, and you can definitely see how misogynistic he is just by reading this book, but he's so sensual and so left field that I can't stop staring (and reading) about him.

51GWzBRf93L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

I don't think this is her autobiography, I think she wrote that before; this is like an extension to it, some thoughts about various topics, with some personal anecdotes here and there that altogether paint a general idea of her life. This is super nice and cute and wholesome, and honestly pretty wise.

I'm currently reading...

81z5Are6LlL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

I EFFING LOVE BRETMAN ROCK, PERIODT. :tiffanycries_ny_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_crying_tears_sobbing_sad:

So far I'm 80% done.

Yesterday I was in the waiting room for a doctor's appointment (ew next topic) and had to literally STOP READING because I was laughing sooo hard! Like, BELLY LAUGHING. Out loud. I had to cover my mouth and lean forward, face between legs and shiz, while a bazillion people were all crammed up in the same room omg... I had to keep quiet, and also be ready because they were about to call my name. I love him so much!

I've already read some fragments of these...

718iNsvWGLL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Oh wow..... Buckle up for this one... I only read a fragment and there already were some really heavy stories in there... What a life...

41AZEX1WGYL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

First Spice Girl to write a memoir. Honestly? It's only a fragment, but this is the first and so far only book/fragment that I've read that disappointed me because she sounds so obnoxious! Like, I cringed at least three times reading a few pages. And I still didn't get where she wants to go with this one...

919GtTRxOTL.jpg

Another heavy reading... But she's a Spice Girl, I adore them, I'll make sure I read the whole thing some day.

41mYJC5TrML._SX325_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQX6pDXsvs6LRj-qldQcds > American edition

This woman is amazing. There's no way you don't learn anything just from listening to her or reading her stories. I didn't know she went through so many mental health problems, I was too young to realize that at their peak...

91Szm8FpdfL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Again, only a fragment, but it was a little weird... Like he's trying to prove something all the time, and for some reason I don't trust everything he says...

Paris_HC_9780063224629-1-scaled.jpg

Cute stories! I definitely want to read the whole thing, she has an interesting life for sure. But like she already warns in the book, she has ADHD so sometimes the stories are all over the place and that bothers me a little tbh haha

61YY6BMzuEL.jpg

Such a pleasant surprise!! Only a fragment, but it already seems like it's very well written, he seems very smart and he's very funny! You can also tell that he wants to teach readers something about his culture, which is always nice.

And I want to read...

y648.jpg

Apparently, this one's very famous, and still one of the best ones so far, or so I've read.

Anyways, I'M SO EXCITED FOR BRITNEY'S BOOK!! How are you preparing for it?? I want to read other memoirs just so I can have a general idea of what's already out there, how stories are organized, and especially what's the MAIN PURPOSE of telling their stories... That's what I can't figure out about Britney's book: What will be her main intention? I wouldn't want her to tell her story to talk trash about her family, she can do that on social media or through lawyers or whatever. I really hope she can find an interesting twist to tell her story (which obviously includes abuse) but go beyond that and end in a positive note, because she has SO MUCH to offer... I'm sure her editorial team is on it, but I'm so so curious...

What about you? Do you like biographies / autobiographies? Have you read any of these, or want to?

I really recommend Jessica Simpson's and Bretman Rock's!

Edited by bitbitboi

im not a big reader but i read Mel B's Brutally Honest when it came out in 2018 and it was fantastic and really sad to hear about her alleged abusive relationship [although i believe her because he never took legal action which says to me if it wasnt true he definitely would've done], then this year i read Melanie C's Who I am which as a massive spice girls fan i enjoyed, it gave me a real insight of the struggles the spice girls faced in the 90s and my respect grew for them. also as a spice girls fan, it answered my questions as to why  she was reluctant to do a reunion for years

Mel B is 'Brutally Honest' about tattoo removal surgery, ******* useWho I Am by Melanie C | Waterstones

Goes without saying i'll definitely be reading Britney's book

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, jonloch1 said:

im not a big reader but i read Mel B's Brutally Honest when it came out in 2018 and it was fantastic and really sad to hear about her alleged abusive relationship [although i believe her because he never took legal action which says to me if it wasnt true he definitely would've done], then this year i read Melanie C's Who I am which as a massive spice girls fan i enjoyed, it gave me a real insight of the struggles the spice girls faced in the 90s and my respect grew for them. also as a spice girls fan, it answered my questions as to why  she was reluctant to do a reunion for years

Mel B is 'Brutally Honest' about tattoo removal surgery, ******* useWho I Am by Melanie C | Waterstones

Goes without saying i'll definitely be reading Britney's book

Thank you so much for this!! I agree with you, and I love these women so much.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, xoariblac said:

mariah's was so good. if you love her music, the book paints you a picture of what's behind some of her most important songs

Definitely!! I'm a relatively new fan, I only have a few of her CDs, but I was amazed at how pivotal her songs are for her, she truly pours her heart and soul into them because she has at least a song for each important moment in her life.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block