Let's rearrange the tracklist: Circus Edition

We all know that Circus is a good album... Its major flaw, however, is how much of a mixed bag it is. Last Monday I played the CD on my computer and hence i could set up my own order of tracks i did... And this is how it flowed:

(i played the 'bootleg' bonus tracks edition with all bonus tracks available i.e. Trouble, Quicksand, Rock Boy, Rock Me In...)

1. Womanizer

2. Circus

3. If U Seek Amy

4. Lace and Leather (first four tracks are pure classic dance pop extravaganza)

5. Kill the Lights (that intro would work oh so well, considering the first four tracks)

6. Shattered Glass (soundwise, it's a great follow-up to Kill the Lights)

7. Trouble (a bop, i want to put it on the standard edition so much, maybe it doesn't fit the tracklist that well but it's hard to find a good place for it)

8. Phonography

9. Blur (i love the way the previous track transitions into it)

10. Mannequin (not my favorite, but it fits the overall vibe of the preceding 2 tracks)

11. Unusual You

12. Out from Under

13. Bonus Track: Radar

14. European/Japanese bonus Track: Amnesia 

15. Deluxe bonus track: Rock Me In

16. Deluxe bonus track: Rock Boy

17. iTunes Bonus track: MMM Papi

18. iTunes pre-order track: My Baby

19. Random bonus track (don't know how to label it, lol): Quicksand (love the song but it is the hardest (aside from Trouble) to place and since I love Trouble a tad more, something has to be eliminated and relegated to the b-side)

So, this how i see it. And what about you? How would you adjust the tracklist???

• Love 1
  • Like 1
Just now, onlybiczz said:

Yes to this one!

Tiny hands, yaas that's uuuuu 😩😩😩

Here's my real order:

1. Blur
2. Lace and Leather
3. Mmm Papi
4. Womanizer
5. If U Seek Amy
6. Shattered Glass
7. Trouble
8. Circus
9. Kill The Lights
10. Mannequin
11. Phonography
12. Rock Me In
13. Rock Boy
14. Out From Under
15. Radar
16. My Baby
17. Amnesia
18. Quicksand
19. Unusual You

:carpoolney_dance_karaoke_glory_sunglasses_party_raise_roof:

• Love 1

Some of you may remember me mentioning my fantasy dimension where I'm the male equivalent of Britney Spears. In that dimension, my version of Circus is:

1. Circus

2. Mannequin

3. Telephone feat Beyonce

4. Kill The Lights

5. Phonography

6. Trouble

7. Quicksand

8. Unusual You

9. Shattered Glass

10. Amnesia

11. Dangerous

12. Rock Me In

13. Lace And Leather

14. Abroad

15. Blur

It's sonically cohesive and you all should have seen me tear it up on my imaginary Circus Tour:jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
9 hours ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

Some of you may remember me mentioning my fantasy dimension where I'm the male equivalent of Britney Spears. In that dimension, my version of Circus is:

1. Circus

2. Mannequin

3. Telephone feat Beyonce

4. Kill The Lights

5. Phonography

6. Trouble

7. Quicksand

8. Unusual You

9. Shattered Glass

10. Amnesia

11. Dangerous

12. Rock Me In

13. Lace And Leather

14. Abroad

15. Blur

It's sonically cohesive and you all should have seen me tear it up on my imaginary Circus Tour:jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Please, release Abroad as a single then Music Video Dancing GIF

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, onlybiczz said:

Please, release Abroad as a single then Music Video Dancing GIF

I don't think I ever even imagined performing it live:lostney_britney_what_confused_huh_who_looking_around_glory:

Rock Me In went OFF though. I did this version:

My singles were: 

1) Circus

2) Amnesia

3) Telephone

4) Quicksand

5) Trouble

Fun facts:

I love "Mmm Papi" but I cannot imagine myself singing it. Big fan of Quirkyney. 

"If U Seek Amy" was my favorite from the album when Britney released  it but hasn't aged well for me.

"Womanizer" was HUGE but is probably my least favorite lead single of hers.

I genuinely find myself wanting to play this version of Circus over the official one even if does omit some highs from Britney because I feel it sounds more like a solid body of work and a worthy follow-up to Blackout. And Kill The Lights intro finally makes sense in this context:jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Bonus Opinion:

Out From Under may be catchy but Britney's vocals and the production make it come across very insincere and manufactured. It doesn't give me any of the feels that so many other Britney ballads do, even if I might find myself singing the chorus a bit in my head:truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill:

• Love 2

This album just didn't aged well and I barely listen to it, well, like never now.

But I guess the album works best like this, these were the ones I listen to the most back then:

1. Womanizer

2. Circus

3. If U Seek Amy

4. Kill the Lights

5. Shattered glass

6. Blur

7. Unusual You

8. Trouble

9. Phonography

10. Quicksand

Out From Under is a good song but sounds terrible on Britney, Joanna's original version is so much better and can't unhear it.

Edited by BlueBalls86
  • Love 1
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, BlueBalls86 said:

This album just didn't aged well and I barely listen to it, well, like never now.

But I guess the album works best like this, these were the ones I listen to the most back then:

1. Womanizer

2. Circus

3. If U Seek Amy

4. Kill the Lights

5. Shattered glass

6. Blur

7. Unusual You

8. Trouble

9. Phonography

10. Quicksand

Out From Under is a good song but sounds terrible on Britney, Joanna's original version is so much better and can't unhear it.

Actually i love your tracklisting, I'd just add Out From Under (yes, Joanna sings it better, but i still like Britney's rendition of it) and Lace & Leather and I'm good to go! 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

I don't think I ever even imagined performing it live:lostney_britney_what_confused_huh_who_looking_around_glory:

Rock Me In went OFF though. I did this version:

My singles were: 

1) Circus

2) Amnesia

3) Telephone

4) Quicksand

5) Trouble

Fun facts:

I love "Mmm Papi" but I cannot imagine myself singing it. Big fan of Quirkyney. 

"If U Seek Amy" was my favorite from the album when Britney released  it but hasn't aged well for me.

"Womanizer" was HUGE but is probably my least favorite lead single of hers.

I genuinely find myself wanting to play this version of Circus over the official one even if does omit some highs from Britney because I feel it sounds more like a solid body of work and a worthy follow-up to Blackout. And Kill The Lights intro finally makes sense in this context:jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Bonus Opinion:

Out From Under may be catchy but Britney's vocals and the production make it come across very insincere and manufactured. It doesn't give me any of the feels that so many other Britney ballads do, even if I might find myself singing the chorus a bit in my head:truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill:

Okay, this version of Rock Me In finally clicked with me!!! It's WAAAAAYYYYY better than the original, wtf, i can't Zoey 101 Thank You GIF by Audacy

• Love 1

My tracklist for Circus would have been...

1. Shattered Glass (Song makes for a dope intro)

2. Kill The Lights

3. If You Seek Amy 

4. Womanizer

5. Unusual You 

6. Circus

7. Lace and Leather

8. Mmm Papi

9. Blur

10. Out From Under

11. Mannequin

--------

Eliminate My Baby 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.