In The Zone or Blackout?

Which do you prefer?  

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Both of them and "Britney" are her holy trinity of albums. I love them so much. She will never top them even though Glory was a good attempt considering the previous albums.

Between the two I gotta say In the zone. She co-wrote a lot of songs on here unlike Blackout and it just feels her most personal album to date.

I gotta say my personal tracklist while listening to this is:

01. Breathe on Me

02. Early Mornin'

03. Toxic

04. Touch of my hand

05. Showdown

06. The Hook Up

07. Girls & Boys

08. The Answer

09. Don't Hang Up (my absolute fave Britney track)

10. Everytime

Hearing the album like this is amazing, her most sensual album. No skips.

Edited by BlueBalls86

In the Zone was simply Britney's peak in every way, a confident ***ual goddess cementing her reign. It's also her only album that appeals to every demographic from women to men of either orientation.

Blackout is great and an awesome night club record, but it doesn't match up to ITZ. Toxic alone is more iconic than its entirety.

• Love 3
  • Like 3
31 minutes ago, Asakura Hao said:

In the Zone was simply Britney's peak in every way, a confident ***ual goddess cementing her reign. It's also her only album that appeals to every demographic from women to men of either orientation.

Blackout is great and an awesome night club record, but it doesn't match up to ITZ. Toxic alone is more iconic than its entirety.

i have to sadly agree.

but i think blackout excels in a different way that is not comparative to the ITZ, just because these two are her best work, does not mean they are apples to apples.

regardless, ITZ as a project is superior in terms of quality. while blackout is hot and messy, in an incredibly amazing way. i go back and forth tbh. but if had to chose, i think i'd chose ITZ

1 hour ago, Asakura Hao said:

All of this. End thread.

• Love 2

I like the energy of in the zone.  There is movement, passion, a party feeling. Is more vibrant. Young. She is the epitome of a pop star here. 

Era wise. It was incredible. I became a fan with Yoxic. Incredible videos. Promotion of the album. She had her sparkle on. 

Blakcok  is a mood. Haunting. Pop princess emerging with pop in a gray moment.  There is something more lethargic about it. It's like the last bits of aliveness out of being drained and butchered by life. 

Era wise - there isn't one. She was a mirage. That made it mystical.  The videos were horrendous. But combined with the feeling of the album they became iconic. 

Piece of me video is the worst video of hers till then.  Gimme more is just her on Instagram but with some neons and better editing. Kill the ice is something different. She problem don't know about that video till this day. 

• Like 1

Also blackout was rushed back then. There were many leaks and they rushed everything. Its her first problematic work- not circus. 

I think it is overhyped and overrated. It's success is due to the mediátic scene and general interest that the GP had for her. 

It's not cohesive, it's messy in terms of sound and theme.

Of course my chose is In the Zone. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block