In The Zone or Blackout?

Which do you prefer?  

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I loved the MATM (Remix), Toxic, Breathe On Me,  Touch of My Hand, and Outrageous.

I found Early Morning' to be eclectic and Brave New Girl fun, but I found them a bit filler along with the rest of ITZ. I grew pretty tired of it fairly quickly.

Blackout was very much a pioneering, cohesive, and unique pop album I was waiting for that created a resurgence in the pop scene. I regard Britney as the catalyst for that shift and change in pop music, much like how the BOMT album did. I finally felt that resurgence with the momentum from Toxic when everyone had started to copy her. Blackout is an album in its own right that should be celebrated. 

Femme Fatale did a bit of that. I think Circus and Britney Jean were oddly a step back from that (aside from a few singles). Then Glory brought all those feels back again. 

Now I'm just sad. We haven't had another Britney album since 2016 :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

HOLD ME CLOSER TINY DANCER :katybelt_perry_witness_yelling_singing: :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on:

• Love 5
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Cyberia said:

I find "Blackout" to be more intriguing thematically. The unsettling, haunting, and eerie atmosphere that pervades throughout the album resonates deeply with me.

Whether it's the lyrics, or the production, it's a very clever album, in the way it was made...Particularly in how Britney fearlessly confronts the constant media scrutiny and criticism

I am fascinated by the vocal production on Piece of Me and Radar.

I really like the synthetic and overproduced sound of her vocals on those songs. The way her voice sounds mechanical and plastic adds an interesting element to the album that I enjoy. It's like, very cold and weird. 

Amazing post

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Blackout! 

They’re both good but I prefer Blackout by far. 

I appreciate ITZ as it’s very creative. But I prefer catchy songs and I don’t find ITZ that catchy. It does have 4 standout tracks that I love (Toxic, Everytime, BOM and TOMH) Those are absolutely amazing. I mean toxic alone is about 90% of ITZ streams lol. But the rest of the album is kinda meh to me. I’m not really into songs like showdown, boom boom and outrageous. I also think Shadow didn’t age well. And I didn’t like it enough for it to be a guilty pleasure now.
ITZ is still miles better than BJ and I also prefer it over FF. (Which is catchy but a little soulless) 

Blackout is one of the few albums I love from start to finish. It’s such a vibe. And also incredibly catchy. 

I do believe that ITZ and Blackout are most likely Britney’s favorite albums. 

Edited by Peter Pan
  • Love 2
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, Cyberia said:

I find "Blackout" to be more intriguing thematically. The unsettling, haunting, and eerie atmosphere that pervades throughout the album resonates deeply with me.

Whether it's the lyrics, or the production, it's a very clever album, in the way it was made...Particularly in how Britney fearlessly confronts the constant media scrutiny and criticism

I am fascinated by the vocal production on Piece of Me and Radar.

I really like the synthetic and overproduced sound of her vocals on those songs. The way her voice sounds mechanical and plastic adds an interesting element to the album that I enjoy. It's like, very cold and weird. 

YES. Gimme more sums up the album. It is a club banger but still dark and have deep lyrics. A masterpiece!!!!

• Love 1

Balckout

1. Gimme More
  2. Piece of Me
  3. Break the Ice
  4. Heaven on Earth
  5. Get Naked (I Got a Plan)
  6. Hot as Ice
  7. Ooh Ooh Baby
  8. Perfect Lover
  9. Get Back
  10. Everybody

In The Zone

1. Me Against the Music" (featuring Madonna)
  2. Showdown
  3. Breathe on Me
  4. Early Mornin'
  5. Toxic
  6. Outrageous
  7. Touch of My Hand
  8. Shadow
  9. Everytime
  10. Don't Hang Up

Well, that speaks for itself. Both are masterpieces that are so unique that in my ITZxB playlist, both albums have the same number of songs. :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

Both are equal. Both are glorious. Both are iconic in their own rights.

Edited by Groundbreaking
  • Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block