double standard: maluma X britney spears

14 hours ago, rebellion_is_the_way said:

I wish this culture vanish once in for all.

it’s like people has nothing left other than microinterogating their bodies. And they need desperate approval from others that they are free or worth whatever it takes.

not saying this from a religious perspective, but what does it make any difference to cheapen yourself. It’s humiliating. You may have the ***iest body on earth, but how you present it can increase to the top or decrease to the ground of your worth in other people’s eyes.

Maybe they don't do it for other people to judge their worth.

• Love 2
  • Like 3
18 hours ago, Joel Santos said:

Maluma's photos are beautiful, well edited, lit, with a light expression on his face. Britney's are the opposite of that... some have a vibe of someone who has been trafficked and is being forced into prostitution. Understand: nudity is not a problem, but the way it is presented. Britney is proof of that; during her career she appeared "almost naked" at various times, but without losing class. Instagram photos, on the other hand, are not in good taste. Some are even nice, but most are awful.

Sadly I agree. 

Trying to change the discussion to “y’all have double standards for women!! Y’all are prudes” is just desperate. None of us had a problem with Britney’s ***uality when it was tasteful and things seemed fine. 

Now it’s just depressing to watch. Not because of her looks, she’s always been beautiful, but the VIBE and style. It just doesn’t feel right. 

Edited by Dave92
  • Love 2
  • Like 4
39 minutes ago, leviathan said:

nah, she just looks awful on those pics. that’s it. stop pretending there is a bigger issue at hand… her pics are tasteless and that’s all.

Her pics are tasteless because she "looks bad" to you. LOL. The rampant misogyny. This forum is something else. All people who are obsessed with Britney that secretly hate her deep down... or resent her because she didn't go back to her career as soon as she was freed from the Con. 

Edited by blackingouthenegativity
  • Love 4
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
22 hours ago, Joel Santos said:

Maluma's photos are beautiful, well edited, lit, with a light expression on his face. Britney's are the opposite of that... some have a vibe of someone who has been trafficked and is being forced into prostitution. Understand: nudity is not a problem, but the way it is presented. Britney is proof of that; during her career she appeared "almost naked" at various times, but without losing class. Instagram photos, on the other hand, are not in good taste. Some are even nice, but most are awful.

All of this is (unfortunately) true and it’s always interesting to see fans argue over what’s really a nonexistent gender battle and simply being blindsided by the reality. Then again, it’s stan territory on here so what do you expect? Not to mention, many fans are biased towards their fave by nature. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand: In addition to the tacky emojis and bad angles, I would also add that Britney reposting the same ***** a hundred times over was uncalled for and why she began receiving more and more backlash. Sure, the first few times were fine (I’m pretty sure she even garnered one of her most ‘liked’ photos) but then it became redundant and steered people away the more she did it. Had any celebrity done that, they would have also received the same amount, if not more backlash. Fans also need to take into factor that Britney is the most famous woman on the planet. The bigger the star, the bigger target. Obviously when Maluma or if some random c-lister posted a nude, it would not receive the same amount of attention as someone on the same caliber as Britney, Bieber, Beyoncé, Rihanna, Eminem, Kim, Miley, etc. If anything, I also feel like Britney has been given a free pass plenty times because of sympathy but I think the general public at large was simply tired of her spamming ***** and the same photos. Fortunately though, it seems as though she’s stopped and healed from whatever was causing her to do that. 

5 hours ago, easy said:

that's your opinion and you're entitled to it, doesn't mean you're right and people that don't agree with you are wrong. this issue goes beyond britney vs other celebs. it's a world wide thing, women nude photos are judged more harshly than men nude photos. that is a FACT. 

yes there is that, but this is not it. the pics are just not good. do I care? no. do i love her no matter what she does? yes.

but come on man, the pics aren’t good. they just aren’t. like maybe it’s a mixture of both things, but we can’t ignore these aren’t the same kind of picture.

or whatever… let’s agree to disagree. it’s not that serious.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, blackingouthenegativity said:

Her pics are tasteless because she "looks bad" to you. LOL. The rampant misogyny. This forum is something else. All people who are obsessed with Britney that secretly hate her deep down... or resent her because she didn't go back to her career as soon as she was freed from the Con. 

you’re like obsessed with finding something bad in everything… it’s not that serious!

the pictures are just not good! and that’s it, move on, accept it, she’s had amazing pics, these are not it.

and that’s fine!!! we all have not so great pictures and that is perfectly fine! 

maluma present the same content with better quality and people liked it more **surprised pikachu face**

i am not bringing her down, i don’t really care and i, in may ways, think she’s kind of bad *** for doing this; but jesus h. christ these pics are not good, and that’s it.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
7 minutes ago, leviathan said:

yes there is that, but this is not it. the pics are just not good. do I care? no. do i love her no matter what she does? yes.

but come on man, the pics aren’t good. they just aren’t. like maybe it’s a mixture of both things, but we can’t ignore these aren’t the same kind of picture.

or whatever… let’s agree to disagree. it’s not that serious.

repeating your opinion about her photos won't turn it into fact. you are allowed to think they're "not good" but that doesn't mean it's true. and it doesn't mean that's a reason to judge her vs a man posting their own *****. that is the bigger picture here beyond "britney vs _____" it's a complete gender bias double standard regardless of the who, and at least you agree about that. 

5 hours ago, Dave92 said:

Sadly I agree. 

Trying to change the discussion to “y’all have double standards for women!! Y’all are prudes” is just desperate. None of us had a problem with Britney’s ***uality when it was tasteful and things seemed fine. 

Now it’s just depressing to watch. Not because of her looks, she’s always been beautiful, but the VIBE and style. It just doesn’t feel right. 

i don’t see how people don’t see this.

27 minutes ago, easy said:

repeating your opinion about her photos won't turn it into fact. you are allowed to think they're "not good" but that doesn't mean it's true. and it doesn't mean that's a reason to judge her vs a man posting their own *****. that is the bigger picture here beyond "britney vs _____" it's a complete gender bias double standard regardless of the who, and at least you agree about that. 

I’m becoming more aware with every moment I spend on this site that there are “fans” that just wait for every opportunity to be rude about Britney.

It’s not that deep but only because these people are trolls and trying to wind everyone up. 

I’ve decided to start to ignore/block them. No point letting negativity rule this place.

:cutesybritney_tongue_britney_p_lick:

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block