With Britney currently not recording music, which other popstars sonically are her closest alternative?

I've heard Britney's songs a million times, and while I love them I also want to hear new music from artists with a similar sound. Who would ya'll say it Britney's closest alternative right now in terms of sound? My vote would be Charli XCX, Crash feels like an album Britney would make with it being mostly bops. She's also a vocal Blackout stan and some of her albums really show inspiration she got from Blackout.

I think another obvious choice would be Selena Gomez. Some Selena songs sound almost exactly like Britney songs and vice versa. I'm pretty sure they are both offered each other's songs because of how similar they are. I'm not sure if Selena is still active in music but her last album was 2020.

Selena? :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew: Maybe I’m the only one, but I don’t enjoy her music at all. I like some stuff by Charlie XCX and Kim Petras but I haven’t listened to, like, a full album of either girl. Anyone have any recommendations?

Jess Glynne has some bops too. I wish this song was Britney’s..this and the remix by Route 94 is one of my fav songs of all time. Play it at my funeral.

Edited by Emil87
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, MarcuzXD said:

I've heard Britney's songs a million times, and while I love them I also want to hear new music from artists with a similar sound. Who would ya'll say it Britney's closest alternative right now in terms of sound? My vote would be Charli XCX, Crash feels like an album Britney would make with it being mostly bops. She's also a vocal Blackout stan and some of her albums really show inspiration she got from Blackout.

I think another obvious choice would be Selena Gomez. Some Selena songs sound almost exactly like Britney songs and vice versa. I'm pretty sure they are both offered each other's songs because of how similar they are. I'm not sure if Selena is still active in music but her last album was 2020.

I love Charli's album Crash.  I'd like to hear Britney sing Baby, Beg for You and Yuck :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Emil87 said:

Selena? :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew: Maybe I’m the only one, but I don’t enjoy her music at all. I like some stuff by Charlie XCX and Kim Petras but I haven’t listened to, like, a full album of either girl. Anyone have any recommendations?

Selena just has a few songs I could see Britney singing, but I don't actually care for Selena's music lol. You should def listen to Crash or Pop 2 by Charli, banger albums!

11 hours ago, rr_174 said:

Charli xcx o my god i discover her this summer and my bi***ual *** went full gay her whole discography is nuts 

literally same are you me? I still have to go through how i'm feeling and Charli but Pop 2 and Crash slay me

48 minutes ago, radiantradar said:

Honestly, no one.

Even if people copy Britney’s style, her voice and the production just has something different that no one can copy or do it similarly.

:bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

Unfortunately I think this is the only right answer lol. Britney's sound is too distinct and iconic to really replace, her voice are adlibs are too unique.

But I will still definitely check out all the suggestions left in this thread. Thanks girlies I Love You GIF by Tyler Resty

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block