Scream VI earns franchise best opening week besting 2000's Scream 3's 34.5 million

By Now the world's knows The core Four (Mindy, Tara, Chad (one of the ghostfaces mocked him saying Chad is alpha male only dead, cos all Chad's deserve to die In a post Karen world)..and of course Sam..

Took on ghostface in new york city, along with Kirby Reed, and Gale weathers  in Scream VI..

Creative deaths,  ladders can **** off now, up there with the logs in final Destination 2..

Great movie and a great Scream 2 for Gen z. 

Scream VI MADE 44.5 million beating the 2000 opening numbers of 2000's Scream 3's 34.5 million..

When Scream 3 was issued, you rarely a midnight showing (thats Thursday night previews of 3 showings due to the 2012 Aurora shooting actually ended the midnight showing).

Scream VI made 5.9 million  on Thursday night previews,  then 19.5 million on Friday, and Saturdays numbers are unknown but paramount did announce they made the budget back and then some.

Scream VI is the second highest rating Scream film on rotten tomatoes with 78%..

Scream 2 is the highest one with 82% tomato score. 

congratulations to everybody involved in Scream VI, can't wait for part VII..

• Love 3

It was great! I’m so glad that Scream is succeeding. Been a fan since the very beginning even though I was a lil kid :0

I thought it was done for after part 4 underperformed but it’s smashing like never before! Scream 7 will most likely be announced very soon 

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, KrisJ said:

It was great! I’m so glad that Scream is succeeding. Been a fan since the very beginning even though I was a lil kid :0

I thought it was done for after part 4 underperformed but it’s smashing like never before! Scream 7 will most likely be announced very soon 

It was such a fun time. The opening scene was one the best in the franchise. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2
43 minutes ago, itsxrichiexbish said:

they need to bring neve back. give her her happy ending and move in with new characters 

They tried that with Scream 4, it didn't work,  after scream 3,she had her ending, Roman orchestrated the whole thing due to being rejected by their mother..

It needs younger people to survive. 

Melissa Barrela and Jenna Ortega are the central roles now. 

Courteney went from central to a supporting role now. 

Even Hayden,  is now central especially since she went to the fbi after surviving, and taking the fame that Jill wanted as the true final girl if the Woodsboro 15th anniversary massacre.  

I haven't felt shook or heartbeat racing, but my heartbroke for Mindy (something her and Chad now have in common) but yeah that scene with the ladder, was heart pounding and eyes completely dilated,  haven't felt that way for a horror film in such a long time, then the gale scene with ghostface same way. 

I was happy, I'm hard to scare,  especially in my favorite genre of films, and part 6 did their thing. 

That subway scene we were led astray,  that was genius. Best scream film since part 2..

3 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I doubt they will considering it had the most successful opening weekend without her. She’s the one that decided to leave 

The no neve. No scream truly backfired big time,  Jenna Ortega is far more relevant and brought probably a lot more people than Neve Campbell could during party of five days in the 90s. 

1 hour ago, Spicechinodiva said:

The no neve. No scream truly backfired big time,  Jenna Ortega is far more relevant and brought probably a lot more people than Neve Campbell could during party of five days in the 90s. 

Accounting for inflation, the original Scream movie made almost $400 million at the box office. Scream 2 and 3 performed similarly. I’m sure Scream 6 will continue to do well, but Neve also had people coming back for 2&3. One could argue Drew Barrymore filled a few of those seats as well in Scream (1996)

2 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Accounting for inflation, the original Scream movie made almost $400 million at the box office. Scream 2 and 3 performed similarly. I’m sure Scream 6 will continue to do well, but Neve also had people coming back for 2&3. One could argue Drew Barrymore filled a few of those seats as well in Scream (1996)

But that's one thing people hate, is they don't include inflation cos if they did the original scream would still be the highest grossing slasher film not Halloween 2018. 

But because nobody includes inflation which many critics and fans think they should..Halloween 2018 took the record,  plus everybody noticed how can a movie make 68 million when an average theater is 7 to 8 people if not about 25 people.

Someone said tickets are too expensive plus snacks,  April 25 is when it becomes available for rentals,  3.99 plus pausing and volume control is much cheaper

Scream 6 is not the best, sorry. I wanted to love it, but it has some boring scenes, and where is the hell an iconic open science? Kill Britney’s double for example or JLo, or  hot gay naked couple :jamie_lynn_grape:

some spoilers, be careful:

Spoiler

Not much of original brutal killings, the underground scene was smart move, but something missing and “always alive” with much stubs isn’t so real. 

I hated drama scenes between Samantha and Tara  - why they needed, better could organised some pranks or additional killings. And no cops near Gale or Tara? Really?

I love Neve and her character, wish she come back.

For me:

1st Scream-2 🔥🔥🔥

2nd Scream

3rd Scream 3

then

Scream 5

Scream 4 (Gale’s writerblock was huge mistake)

Scream 6

I loved it. Went to the fan event. Got a poster ❤️ Probably gonna go see it again soon. I’m just gonna buy a movie pass. It’s 20$ a month to go to the theater 3 times a week. 🤷‍♂️ might even see it a couple more times. Semi-obsessed with ghostface tho so 😅 also I don’t care what anyone says, Gale is the real Final Girl. She’s always been my favorite ❤️ and her scenes are always so epic. That was probably what had my heart racing the most cause I didn’t want her to die 😂

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.