Justin Bieber officially cancels remaining dates for ‘Justice World Tour’

Cqleb

Back in the day, touring was used to promote the album and increase sales for the label. Im not sure how effective that is anymore. Especially with streaming/downloads. It seems like the first week sales are it. After that, I dont think it goes back up... and even if it does, it wouldnt go up that much to make a substantial amount of money for the label.  Its the only way the artist makes money. And they make more money sponsoring products/making appearances etc which is a LOT less effort. If i was a celebrity, I wouldnt want to tour. Didnt Ariana also say she doesn't like it? Im sure most artists dont. I think its just a contractual obligation.. and they agree at the start to make as much $$ as possible.. .but after that, they show their record label the doctors certificate and get off the hook. And with cancel culture, imagine a label being seen to force a "sick" artist to tour against their will. So i think these days its a lot different to those days.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, AII said:

Back in the day, touring was used to promote the album and increase sales for the label. Im not sure how effective that is anymore. Especially with streaming/downloads. It seems like the first week sales are it. After that, I dont think it goes back up... and even if it does, it wouldnt go up that much to make a substantial amount of money for the label.  Its the only way the artist makes money. And they make more money sponsoring products/making appearances etc which is a LOT less effort. If i was a celebrity, I wouldnt want to tour. Didnt Ariana also say she doesn't like it? Im sure most artists dont. I think its just a contractual obligation.. and they agree at the start to make as much $$ as possible.. .but after that, they show their record label the doctors certificate and get off the hook. And with cancel culture, imagine a label being seen to force a "sick" artist to tour against their will. So i think these days its a lot different to those days.

Artists have become lazy, just look at Rihanna

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Where is JayTawndre said:

Third tour he's cancelled? 

before his face was paralized he cancelled a tour after a show in Spain  many years ago.When his face was paralized he cancelled again (for a good reason),and now he has cancelled the new tour.

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block