Why do you dislike Demi Lovato?

4 hours ago, SJK said:

A voice yes. But will echo the others, her antics and fake wokeness ruined it for me. 

she killed her career herself.

plus I used to work for a major fast fashion company, she was once the spokes person and did a meet & greet at our store in NY and she was a complete ***** to her fans. 

Omg, when I was 15 years old I was like a Twitter Lovatic (don't worry, I'm cringing, too) (this was during her Demi era) there already were stories going around about how she'd treat her fans. We all called bullocks and whatnot, but even back then I remember thinking 'Well, where there's smoke, there's fire...' She'd always claim she behaved the way she did because she needed to guard her mental health, but *****, there really are other ways to set boundaries without treating your fans like garbage :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

Edited by mhally
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, Xanax said:

Did you fall and smack your head on a pavement somewhere?

Demi is the most problematic person I know. At any time one of her albums flop, she creates drama and is the problem. (It’s her. Hi. She’s the problem, it’s her.)

Talent wise, she’s a very good singer. She has vocals, but her personality overshadows her talent, henceforth, making her problematic.

Not The Devil Wears Prada And Anti Hero references in one post :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked::yay_britney_excited_ftr_for_the_record_2008_cheering_clapping:

• Haha 2
43 minutes ago, Helicopterney said:

I saw Demi live at Manchester during her TMYLM tour.

Tell Me You Love Me is when Demi Lovato hit her peak and that's a fact. The whole album was amazing from start to finish with no skips.

But the Demi we have now... girl :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:

TMYLM didn't even get a complete playthough for me, lol :zoomzoom_britney_annoyed_irritated_blink: To me the Demi era was her best and most succesful era. We got four singles, a solid tour and even some sort of music video for Nightingale? If I remember correctly? She opened for Enrique Eglesias during this era, too, I think? *checks Wikipedia* Yeah, she did. AND she got two tours for this album AND had Fifth Harmony and Christina Perri as opening acts. She was on X-Factor, she had good deals going on, etc.  We're talking 2013-2015 here. I think she starred in a few episodes of Glee, too. Got all her gay fans living for her lesbian storyline with Santana :straddle_britney_pink_yoga_meditation_bounce_legs_spread_gym: This was her last Hollywood Records album and it kinda shows. All tea, no shade, henny :orly_oh_britney_surprised_wow_excited: She made a strong comeback with Unbroken in 2011, but this record 'proved' to the GM that she still had it and then some. By the time TMYLM came rolling around she had already lost me. Big time. 

Edit: We also got an Olly Murs collab. It kinda slapped.

Edit 2: And a collab with The Vamps! 

Edited by mhally
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, mhally said:

TMYLM didn't even get a complete playthough for me, lol :zoomzoom_britney_annoyed_irritated_blink: To me the Demi era was her best and most succesful era. We got four singles, a solid tour and even some sort of music video for Nightingale? If I remember correctly? She opened for Enrique Eglesias during this era, too, I think? *checks Wikipedia* Yeah, she did. AND she got two tours for this album AND had Fifth Harmony and Christina Perri as opening acts. She was on X-Factor, she had good deals going on, etc.  We're talking 2013-2015 here. I think she starred in a few episodes of Glee, too. Got all her gay fans living for her lesbian storyline with Santana :straddle_britney_pink_yoga_meditation_bounce_legs_spread_gym: This was her last Hollywood Records album and it kinda shows. All tea, no shade, henny :orly_oh_britney_surprised_wow_excited: She made a strong comeback with Unbroken in 2011, but this record 'proved' to the GM that she still had it and then some. By the time TMYLM came rolling around she had already lost me. Big time. 

Edit: We also got an Olly Murs collab. It kinda slapped.

Edit 2: And a collab with The Vamps! 

I had to take several moments to get over the fact you don’t like TMYLM… I honestly think it’s one of the most incredible albums of that decade. It defined my 2018/19

• Like 1
4 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

Because she glamorizes addiction.

Her career is based on that. I don't think that's a good overall message, and she isn't helping herself either.

I mean I wanted to say that in the nicest way possible, but I wasn't sure how to put it into words.

She's been through a lot, she's struggled with addiction, she almost died from her overdose in 2018, but she has milked it so much and used it as an excuse for people to scream "POOR DEMI!". She isn't the only one struggling. I'll never forget when she made DMX's death about herself...

And she's made like three documentaries about her struggles now. Thankfully the Holy £vck era didn't have one.

Again I don't want to be too harsh as I believe in preaching kindness or at least being critical without being nasty. I do like Holy £vck, it is a really good album and Demi shines doing the rock sound.

Edited by Isla
  • Like 2
29 minutes ago, Helicopterney said:

I had to take several moments to get over the fact you don’t like TMYLM… I honestly think it’s one of the most incredible albums of that decade. It defined my 2018/19

Well, I don't know if I like or don't like TMYLM, but I just can't bring myself to listen a full album of her's anymore. At least, none released after Demi. I liked the song TLMYLM, but Demi as an artist doesn't appeal to me anymore. I know it has been praised as a solid record, but Idk man. I think it was the way she completely disregarded the Demi era - no, scratch that, basically all her Hollywood Records albums once she left that record company. She was so dismissive of it all, it completely put me off of her as an artist. Whatever was left of my admiration for Demi quickly dissolved during the Confident era and there was none left before TLYML the single had even rolled out :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Edited by mhally
1 hour ago, Isla said:

I mean I wanted to say that in the nicest way possible, but I wasn't sure how to put it into words.

She's been through a lot, she's struggled with addiction, she almost died from her overdose in 2018, but she has milked it so much and used it as an excuse for people to scream "POOR DEMI!". She isn't the only one struggling. I'll never forget when she made DMX's death about herself...

And she's made like three documentaries about her struggles now. Thankfully the Holy £vck era didn't have one.

Again I don't want to be too harsh as I believe in preaching kindness or at least being critical without being nasty. I do like Holy £vck, it is a really good album and Demi shines doing the rock sound.

I actually bought the "Tell Me You Love Me" (2017) CD, that one's quite good if you ask me.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, mhally said:

Well, I don't know if I like or don't like TMYLM, but I just can't bring myself to listen a full album of her's anymore. At least, none released after Demi. I liked the song TLMYLM, but Demi as an artist doesn't appeal to me anymore. I know it has been praised as a solid record, but Idk man. I think it was the way she completely disregarded the Demi era - no, scratch that, basically all her Hollywood Records albums once she left that record company. She was so dismissive of it all, it completely put me off of her as an artist. Whatever was left of my admiration for Demi quickly dissolved during the Confident era and there was none left before TLYML the single had even rolled out :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Hollywood records was a Disney label, I can see why. 

She really hasn't. 

She did cool for the summer but updated it to match Holy ****,  and it sounds this is her sound and really happy with it. 

The funeral for my pop music however probably was shady to her fans. 

4 hours ago, Isla said:

Really? Cause I remember thinking the album sounded boring from the iTunes previews but I like Sorry Not Sorry, that's a bawp.

Really! I mean I drag Demi SO hard, she's incredibly annoying to me, but SNS IS a bop, and I think the second single (Tell Me...) is a GORGEOUS song, and her vocals are flawless:

(notice how I'm sharing the AUDIO, because the official music video of course shows her in a toxic relationship omg :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:)

"You Don't Do It For Me Anymore" oh wow, fannnnntastic.

LOVE "Daddy Issues".

Then there are other, to me, fun songs, and some very nice melodies (eg, "Ruin the Friendship").

I don't know, I really think it's a nice album, but I guess I especially like her vocals throughout, I like how she can belt without having to scream during the whole song like Xtina would mostly do. Demi's vocals are pretty mature.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.