Let’s be real, Hold Me Closer kinda went nowhere due to the horrible music video

Sometimes I find myself thinking that Hold Me Closer would’ve had much better longevity if the music video had been different. The Dua collab got such a cool high quality animation which actually had replay value whereas the Hold Me Closer video was just some people doing weird dance moves and the scenery that made absolutely no sense. I still to this day think this is the worst video of Britney’s entire career. 

Edited by Ace of Base
  • Love 2
  • Haha 5
  • Like 2

What's the deal with the longevity talk recently? Some music videos WITH Britney don't even have the success as HMC. And I personally think Britney not appearing was a in a way a good thing. For the first time she released something that wasn't about her looks (animations still portrayed her in cartoon form) it was more concentrated on the voices and it emphasized her artistic side. And the video may be a bit underwhelming to some, but I feel it's beautiful.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.