The Official Rihanna Super Bowl Halftime Show Thread

GlitterRain
Message added by Jordan Miller,

• Super Mods

Wasn’t my fav halftime but it was amazing seeing her back onstage and I think she did a good job! I wish she had performed PDSTM, Disturbia, SOS and Pon De Replay. Super disappointing! 

Loved the stage and how it gave everyone a great view! 

You all know what everyone is really commenting about :reductive_madonna_mdna_tea_coffee_cup_sips_sipping_drink_spill:

• Love 3

it was lazy. The dancing was lazy. She was lazy. The singing was lazy. Miming was obvious at times.

It was all very one dimensional and just one long slog without changing it up in tempo, costume , performance style etc. the performance of each song was exactly the same with the same kind of choreo, the same lighting, the same costume and the same half hearted attempt at performing. I was bored and was ready for it to be over. 

she desperately needed a special guest to inject some energy. 

Shakira and Jlo were tons better in my opinion - at least they put effort in and looked like they wanted to be there. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

I LOVED IT!

I kinda felt she was going to be all by herself and that was my favorite part! well I mean with no guests, she was definitely SURROUNDED by dancers haha, they were amazing.

Those floating boards were incredible to see!

Her having almost no costume changes was such a power move... If you all bishes are going to start coming at her throat because she didn't change a bazillion times, remember that Justin Bieber has the AUDACITY to perform in baggy jeans and a beanie hat. I love watching a woman doing her thing without feeling like she "has to do" things to impress others... She is enough!

She looked amazing and she has star power and all the hits, and those dancers did an amazing job backing her up.

Aw thank god, i thought i was watching a completely different show!! i thought she was brilliant 

• Love 3
Just now, mercenary said:

The beginning of the performance was great with all the lifting up in the air… but the rest was a snooze fest… She was soo lazy (asper usual) and was dancing as if she was in a night club… I was waiting for something to happen but it never did… overall pretty blah… 

Totally agree with this. Kept waiting for something to happen or for something to change and it never did 

• Like 1

Stage: 10/10

Production: 10/10 

Setlist: 8/10 

Performance: 6/10 was she nervous or tired? Something was off… they should have at least have a guest performer to spice things up. 

Note: I had goosebumps at the end when she sang “Diamonds” and they did that wide shot of her up in the air. And the dancers were AMAZING!

for me this was an 8/10. Very mid, but did have high points. 

• Love 4
  • Super Mods
2 minutes ago, Mexwero said:

Stage: 10/10

Production: 10/10 

Setlist: 8/10 

Performance: 6/10 was she nervous or tired? Something was off… they should have at least have a guest performer to spice things up. 

Note: I had goosebumps at the end when she sang “Diamonds” and they did that wide shot of her up in the air. And the dancers were AMAZING!

for me this was an 8/10. Very mid, but did have high points. 

Couldn’t agree more with this. Well said! She looked amazing! 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.