Do you think the album Britney Jean would have had more success if Britney actually performed in the desert?

No. The album was honestly just not good

I remember when it came out and I was so excited for a new Britney album and waited for it to be available on iTunes, I was at work at the time and I downloaded it instantly and played it over the big speakers and we were all like ... :gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted:

And it was especially disappointing because I'd been blasting Work B at the start of every shift so by that point I'd gotten my whole team excited for the album and then I was like :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

It was really disappointing 

• Haha 3
  • Like 2

The entire project should be removed from steaming. Sorry to be sorry rude but Will should be ashamed. I get he was working with probably a total of 6 hours of studio time max with her but if he wasn’t able to put out a quality project he should have withdrawn. Some songs are like ~40% Britney or less. It’s a terrible album, inconsistent with all her other work. And it’s not her fault. 

• Love 4
  • Like 1

Probably not. A desert performance would have been geared to promote her Vegas show and, at best, might have given Work B a bit more longevity. But the album was undercooked, you could tell she wasn’t invested. She had a solid run with 7 albums varying from pretty decent to excellent. They can’t all be winners and BJ is that album for her. You can’t win them all. 

• Love 2

Honestly, if the desert performance happened and the Myah Marie scandal didn't occur, people would be loving this album. Fans would probably call it conceptual.

The album in itself is not that bad, it has a vibe. But some songs are terrible, that's it.
Just like drop dead beautiful is terrible on Femme Fatale.

• Super Mods
15 minutes ago, ivosoares said:

Honestly, if the desert performance happened and the Myah Marie scandal didn't occur, people would be loving this album. Fans would probably call it conceptual.

The album in itself is not that bad, it has a vibe. But some songs are terrible, that's it.
Just like drop dead beautiful is terrible on Femme Fatale.

I agree. The songs with Britney’s full vocals would have made an incredible album and era. Especially with that desert performance :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.