Sam Smith breaks the Internet with new photo for Perfect magazine

I have to admit they arranged their rolls of fat in an interesting way, like a well presented cake.

However, I think 'they' have a team behind them manufacturing much of this, -- 'they' have an okay voice and that's about it. Their latest song sounds like S Club 7. I'm so glad they are taking inspirtation from them but there's a fine line between triubute and imitation!

pronoun note: (and when I refer to them, I am referring to they (subject pronoun; sam smith) in the first part of the sentence clause and 'them' plural object pronoun refers to a band (S Club 7) in the latter clause of the phrase. Just a fyi.

Edited by Cancer
10 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

hmmm you're right to a point. Are muscular bodies way more attractive compared to chubby/fat ones? Absolutely yes. Are muscular bodies the only acceptable ones? Absolutely not.

So you need to make a difference here, which is what I think most people fail. Do you want to be accepted, or do you want to be desired? If you want to be accepted, you absolutely will be, even with a fat/chubby body. Will you be ***ually desired? No, for the most part, no. You will be, but by a very small % of fetishizers.

If you do want to be ***ually desired and for ppl to drool over you or have extremely hot men be attracted to you, then yes, you need to work out and you need to be muscular. It's how society works and it's how a human brain works. You can't force people to believe that high fat % is hot, it's not. Our brains don't like it, it's an evolutionary trait because our brains connect this to bad genetic material. 

So Sam Smith, and any chubby/fat guy absolutely has every right to flaunt it. What they don't have the right though, is to be offended when they find out people arent attracted to it. 

Muscular bodies are more attractive to those certain individuals who prefer those types of men with said bodies. Everyone doesn't want that. At the end of the day, it may be what you have now, but god forbid, if something happens to someone, whether physically or health wise, that prevents them from doing rigorous workouts and having that muscular body that they used to have, then what? Are you with the person for them or was it just their body that attracted you to them? 

Most people don't care about wanting every guy to turn their head when they walk past and ooh and ahh at them. As for me, personally, being a husky guy myself, I'm not going to change myself just to appease someone else's attraction scale. Nobody should do that rather than doing it for themselves. You can't speak for how everyone's brain works, dude. Everyone doesn't think that someone with a high fat % isn't hot or attractive. Sure, some people do, but to say that EVERYONE thinks like that is definitely false. 

I hope you're able to always maintain the body that you have. Me? The guy I've dating for the last 10yrs loves me for being the husky mini marshmallow that I am. But, to each their own. I'm glad I don't have a mentality like you, bro.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Desperate moves for attention.

The last album was a flop, and this one isn't doing very well either, despite all the controversies. Hide behind marginalized groups, increase profits and sales, protect yourself from criticism. Every time the ratings drop, singers remember to exploit mere mortals.

Smith does not look confident, relaxed and natural, as much as "they" would have us believe. If they have the right to ridicule Christians, target specific groups, they must be prepared for the same treatment from people who do not like this, do not tolerate it, do not want it to be available to children.

Everyone has the right to look the way they want, to work on themselves mentally and physically more or less. But there must be boundaries, PRIVATE life is led as such, because not everything goes public.

• Like 1

Wow people on here are showing their true colors. Not sure how hate is allowed here but it’s suppose to be a “happy place”.

Y’all are no better than the people who mocked Britney and called her names in 2007 for gaining a few pounds.  Plus Sam is not morbidly obese, stop acting like you care about his health and just say you enjoy tearing someone down. Smh 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.