Kpop stans are offended because Jennie kissed a guy

Controversial clips of Blackpink Jennie at an after party in Paris "kissing" another man circulate online

jennie1.png

So controversial, I mean, just look at the clips

Spoiler

*sarcasm*

Jennie.gif

Jennie1.gif

Jennie2.gif

HOW DARE SHE?! :pika_pikachu_slap_fighting_hitting_mad:

Jennie3.gif

Jennie4.gif

Here comes the crazy part:

• +457, -177] Is she not embarrassed? I can't even watch it ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ ㅠㅠ
  • [+387, -32] How miserable is your life that would take clips like this in the middle of the night and circulate them one by one? I seriously wonder how these kids are like in their real lives. 
  • [+367, -64] But Jacquemus is the one that invited Jennie to his after party ㅋㅋ
  • [+345, -78] Jennie is still a trend it seemsㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ a superstar is a superstar 
  • [+263, -129] Yea.. it's clear you losers have no idea what after parties are like overseas ㅋㅋ
  • [+152, -13] Wow, is V ok with this?
  • [+126, -32] If Jang Wonyoung did this, it would've been a mess.. 
  • [+116, -10] Seriously why would an idol do things like that? Her fans sure have stomachs of steel! You'll never see other female idols play like that because they know they'd get cursed. 
  • [+109, -30] Whether it's an after party or that's her boyfriend or not, do people seriously think she's pretty? She looks very SEA here.. 
  • [+108, -6] Jennie should just move overseas 

ARTICLE:

Only like half of those comments are actually negative, and who says those are "K-Pop stans" - since it's Naver, those could just be members of the Korean public. This racism/colorism, though:

[+109, -30] Whether it's an after party or that's her boyfriend or not, do people seriously think she's pretty? She looks very SEA here.. 

Deplorable and, unfortunately, not uncommon.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Neydelinska Spearsi said:

It's just a kiss on a cheek, it's not like a full on French hookup :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

I don’t think it’s bad that she kissed him on the cheek. I was asking questions because I wanted to see why anyone would be offended. Like I said I don’t know anything about her. But whatever :byebye_goodbye_leaving:

1 hour ago, i sometimes sing live said:

Only like half of those comments are actually negative, and who says those are "K-Pop stans" - since it's Naver, those could just be members of the Korean public. This racism/colorism, though:

Deplorable and, unfortunately, not uncommon.

fyi colorism and racism are two different things (stating things because words have some sense). let's take an example: in India, the lighter your skin the higher your social status not because you look like another race or whatever BUT because you spend less time in the sun so you're part of the higher part of society. in europe, having a tan in the summer means that you can afford going on vacation, having a social life, spending the summer at the sea etc. so the tanner/darker you are the higher part of society you belong to. it's especially true during winter (rich people can afford spending vacations far away; or go skiing, when they get a face-tan). that's colorism. it's present in most societies (including africa). only exceptions: arabs (although arab girls have a problem with spray-tan that they usually overuse)

ps: not saying that what you said is false just that a lot of people confuse both! 

also, "only half" is huge. south korean society is extremely toxic, and their culture has to really improve on several levels. their demography is extremely concerning, their work-life balance is one of the worst of the developed-countries ones (they're less productive than French people even though they work twice their hours... lol), the social pressure is so intense that 9 young koreans outta 10 want to leave the country. and the "stan culture" is insane and completely sick; how the **** can the gp believe that their artists/actors/actresses cannot be committed while working? ew

19 minutes ago, Neydelinska Spearsi said:

It's just a kiss on a cheek, it's not like a full on French hookup :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

reminds me of ppl complaining about britney's 2000 vma dress for being too racy. oh how times changed in the US lol

it’s actually a very common 4 asian idols 2 have, what it is called, a “dating scandal” 🤭

dating scandals originally come from the mentality of basically finding idols hot & 4 them not 2 have any partner. but as idols evolved the mentality became that they can’t date 4 no reason (it’s so stupid) 😭😭

& sometimes dating scandals get idols fired, like when Hyuna got fired bc she dated this guy from another group 🤔

• Super Mods

Everyone knows kpop stans are actually psychopaths literally obsessed with their idols and are literally in love with them to the point of being possesive. Their imaginary relationships with their idols very well flow into the actual world, and once that illusion of their shatters, they lash out. Hence why you get comments like this where they offend her and humiliate her, because they don't see her as human with needs, flaws, and ***uality, they see her as their pure gf/bff.

Kpop stans overall, are sick.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

“Another man”…does she have a boyfriend? I don’t know anything about the Blackpink girls.

Oh and whoever that man is, is he married? I clocked a ring. But he could also be a h0mosegshua

This guys is Jacquemus a French fashion designer , he's gay and indeed married.

There is nothing offensive about the behavior of Jennie, she's just a young lady, partying and hugging a friend. Internet people should really get a life sometimes... 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, do the thing said:

fyi colorism and racism are two different things (stating things because words have some sense). let's take an example: in India, the lighter your skin the higher your social status not because you look like another race or whatever BUT because you spend less time in the sun so you're part of the higher part of society. in europe, having a tan in the summer means that you can afford going on vacation, having a social life, spending the summer at the sea etc. so the tanner/darker you are the higher part of society you belong to. it's especially true during winter (rich people can afford spending vacations far away; or go skiing, when they get a face-tan). that's colorism. it's present in most societies (including africa). only exceptions: arabs (although arab girls have a problem with spray-tan that they usually overuse)

ps: not saying that what you said is false just that a lot of people confuse both! 

also, "only half" is huge. south korean society is extremely toxic, and their culture has to really improve on several levels. their demography is extremely concerning, their work-life balance is one of the worst of the developed-countries ones (they're less productive than French people even though they work twice their hours... lol), the social pressure is so intense that 9 young koreans outta 10 want to leave the country. and the "stan culture" is insane and completely sick; how the **** can the gp believe that their artists/actors/actresses cannot be committed while working? ew

reminds me of ppl complaining about britney's 2000 vma dress for being too racy. oh how times changed in the US lol

So you wrote a huge post on racism and then proceed to critcise all the shortcomings of Korean society?

A lof of what you said might be true, but I can't stand it when people take pot-shots at other cultures from the premise that their own culture is superior or more desirable.

• Super Mods
10 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

Everyone knows kpop stans are actually psychopaths literally obsessed with their idols and are literally in love with them to the point of being possesive. Their imaginary relationships with their idols very well flow into the actual world, and once that illusion of their shatters, they lash out. Hence why you get comments like this where they offend her and humiliate her, because they don't see her as human with needs, flaws, and ***uality, they see her as their pure gf/bff.

Kpop stans overall, are sick.

And I Oop Whatcha Say GIF by Jasmine Masters

• Haha 1
  • Super Mods
4 minutes ago, GlitterRain said:

And I Oop Whatcha Say GIF by Jasmine Masters

Im sorry but its true. Ive actually been a huge kpop stan 2008-2015/16, when 2nd gen kpop (or the golden era of kpop) was at its peak. Groups like SNSD, 2NE1, Wondergirls and 4 minute were dominating, all of them having their own peculiar style and bringing something completely different to the plate :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

But even then, kpop stans were possessive of their idols, and kpop labels nurture this sort of unhealthy relationship as it brings them in more money. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block