Respect for Britney always including multiracial background dancers in her shows..

Emil87

Since the beginning of her career, she’s always incorporated Asian, Latino, and Black background dancers in her shows. My question to you is, was this intentionally done to make her stand out, or was she truly just an all inclusive person/performer?

My opinion is that she was all inclusive. After all, even in her 2001 AMA performance of “Stronger”, where she had like 12 blond Britney lookalikes, she still stood out.

I was just watching this performance of “Boys” from the DWAD tour and noticed how her dancers were all of different nationalities and backgrounds. And together, they all NAILED it. She has my respect for that. What’s your take on this?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Emil87 said:

Since the beginning of her career, she’s always incorporated Asian, Latino, and Black background dancers in her shows. My question to you is, was this intentionally done to make her stand out, or was she truly just an all inclusive person/performer?

My opinion is that she was all inclusive. After all, even in her 2001 VMA performance of “Stronger”, where she had like 12 blond Britney lookalikes, she still stood out.

I was just watching this performance of “Boys” from the DWAD tour and noticed how her dancers were all of different nationalities and backgrounds. And together, they all NAILED it. She has my respect for that. What’s your take on this?

Why on Earth should this warrant a pat on the back? Surely she hired the dancers she liked and not ones picked out by race?  I mean, I suppose race could have been a factor in the selection process but technically that would be illegal in a lot of countries.

Also, I'm not even sure she picked the dancers.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
14 minutes ago, leviathan said:

I think she just didn’t care and chose the most talented artists and the ones that expressed their craft the best way.

being inclusive for the sake of being inclusive is a bit odd… and racist?

imagine the conversation: “we already have an Asian girl, we need a black guy and a Latino woman…” that would be ****ed up in my opinion.

im here for: omg look at HOW talented this dancer is - regardless of their gender / ethnicity. —- which is what I think happened.

Oh don’t throw the racist card at me. I don’t think it’s racist or offensive at all, so no reason to come at me from that angle. She also wasn’t the final say on who made the final decision, so who really knows? Maybe her team made the conscious decision to choose dancers of different diversities, but I ultimately agree they chose the best of the best, no matter their race or ethnicity. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Emil87 said:

Oh don’t throw the racist card at me. I don’t think it’s racist or offensive at all, so no reason to come at me from that angle. She also wasn’t the final say on who made the final decision, so who really knows? Maybe her team made the conscious decision to choose dancers of different diversities, but I ultimately agree they chose the best of the best, no matter their race or ethnicity. 

didn’t think you were babe, and neither was Britney. I’m saying maybe this was just by chance which makes it been better.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Cancer said:

Why on Earth should this warrant a pat on the back? Surely she hired the dancers she liked and not ones picked out by race?  I mean, I suppose race could have been a factor in the selection process but technically that would be illegal in a lot of countries.

Also, I'm not even sure she picked the dancers.

I’m not asking for a pat on the back, it was just a legitimate question. You gotta remember that back then things were different, and it would have been more convenient to surround Britney with background dancers who had the same “look” as her. But she clearly never gave a **** and gave a fair shot to those who were the most talented, regardless of their skin color or background. I am simply commending her for this, so if you choose to take it the wrong way it ain’t my problem.  

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block