Once Upon A One More Time : Research Thread

mocha latto

I am going through an extremely stressful situation so I do apologize for my inactivity.

That being said- I wanted to start a thread on the musical specifically. It was used multiple times by BOMM to maintain an active trademark status, but didnt actually come out for years. 

So who's responsible for it?

First- to show how long it took for the show to become active, here's an excerpt from Wikipedia:

Once Upon a One More Time was initially scheduled to premiere October 29, 2019 in Chicago, but was soon delayed to the following year.[7][8] The musical premiere at the James M. Nederlander Theatre was then scheduled for April 14, 2020, running through May 17 (anticipating New York previews at the Marquis Theatre on June 26, and a Broadway opening July 30).[9] But on March 12, Illinois Governor J. B. Pritzker announced a ban on all large gatherings through May 1, 2020, in response to the coronavirus pandemic.[10] As a result of widespread theatre closures across the United States, producers canceled the Chicago engagement.[11]DUr

It did not premiere until 2021 due to "covid" and appeared to also be related to B going to rehab. 

Anyways, Simply put, this is what Wikipedia says about who is responsible for the musical:

Sony Pictures acquired film rights to Once Upon a One More Time in April 2019, with Spears producing alongside Larry Rudolph and John Davis through his company Davis Entertainment.[22]

Did not necessarily have to do that much digging to find this- but it makes me wonder. Since MK appears to own Britneys brand and TMs to this point, what if Sony is responsible for snatching the rights to her assets before she could freely do so herself?

• Love 1

I often wonder if this was done with or without her consent, when "she" signed to produce this, was it really her who was on board, even if others had to sign on her behalf because she was still conserved, or did the conservator sign against her wishes? Honestly, I could see it both ways. I hope she is on board because I like musicals and this one seems like it has a lot of potential, but the fact that she hasn't said anything about it makes me think perhaps she resents the project because they didn't take her opinion of things into account? On the other hand, she clearly hates doing promo and couldn't care less about those kinds of things so I'll have to wait until she bashes or praises the show herself at some point.

On the timing aspect and the delay I don't think it's important, musicals often take a long time to develop and the covid situation caused a whole mess everywhere.

Edit to add: Even if she doesn't like the project I assume she'll benefit from it since she's back in control of her brand, no?

Edited by Tar_isa

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block