Why do you think the Teen Choice Awards praised Britney while the VMAs continuously snubbed her?

10 minutes ago, Daniela.tomasseli said:

The TCA were never prestigious awards so they were more accessible.

:orangu_orangutan_ape: Poor Birtney

Anyway, it was a time when the only appreciated pop acts were those of the 1980s (Madonna...Michael Jackson...Prince) and critics were definitely not going to be caught drop dead praising a teen-pop album, let alone the Grammy Committee.

You can say that Xtina won a Grammy despite being a teen-pop act during her debut years but she had her miraculous and acclaimed vocals by her side. That gave her an upper hand in comparison to Britney who was then seen as a puppet...Though ironically, she herself spawned puppets. 

NSYNC* and BSB still don't have a single Grammy, I think. So that also speaks for my opinion.

• Love 1

The VMA’s were so far up Nsync and BSB’s ***e$ back in the day, that’s why MTV always snubbed her.  She was nominated amongst them a LOT and MTV had to pay fan service to all the little teeny boppers who just HAD to see their fav boyband member on stage :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

the boy bands didn’t age well…meanwhile  Britney’s relevance in the world is still humongous.

• Love 1

Well, the fact that she opened the TCA will always have more weight, but even if she didn't, I think it's also because of the target audience.

In the end, even if Britney's music was also enjoyed by adults, I guess she was mostly considered an artist for teens and kids in the beginning of her career, that plus the fact that she was a pop artist, probably added to why she was never taken seriously (even if they still let her perform), part of the whole "rock is better than pop" retrograde mentality that a lot of people have. 

I still see the 2011 Video Vanguard Award as some sort of retroactive recognition to her work, because if we went by number of awards, there really wasn't a reason for her to receive that award, especially before other overrated people that got many more moonmen than her, and considering she was basically the first one of her generation to get one. I mean, she totally deserved it, what I mean is that considering she had only won a few awards for POM and Womanizer, it was kind of shocking that they would do this. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Well, the fact that she opened the TCA will always have more weight, but even if she didn't, I think it's also because of the target audience.

In the end, even if Britney's music was also enjoyed by adults, I guess she was mostly considered an artist for teens and kids in the beginning of her career, that plus the fact that she was a pop artist, probably added to why she was never taken seriously (even if they still let her perform), part of the whole "rock is better than pop" retrograde mentality that a lot of people have. 

I still see the 2011 Video Vanguard Award as some sort of retroactive recognition to her work, because if we went by number of awards, there really wasn't a reason for her to receive that award, especially before other overrated people that got many more moonmen than her, and considering she was basically the first one of her generation to get one. I mean, she totally deserved it, what I mean is that considering she had only won a few awards for POM and Womanizer, it was kind of shocking that they would do this. 

I think the Vanguard award was collateral damage for the continuous snubs. She did deserve it, but the fact it was so lackluster just adds to the insult

• Love 3
  • Like 1

This performance. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: I often find myself randomly going back to it. The live vocals. The dancing. The dance breaks. The band. The audience reaction. The “omg” at the end. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: Looking back now it feels like a perfect introduction to what Britney was all about. I can’t imagine anyone watching this and questioning her talent. 

• Love 1

Britney should really be the most awarded artist at the vmas it is actually tragic. Toxic was very obviously snubbed in 04, im sure if she made an in person appearance she’d win all of the nominations. The thing is tho, even if Britney’s videos and songs aged to iconic status, the videos she lost to had songs behind them that were bigger hits than Britney’s back then, like get this party stared was a bigger hit in 01 than slave. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, G-unit said:

The VMA’s were so far up Nsync and BSB’s ***e$ back in the day, that’s why MTV always snubbed her.  She was nominated amongst them a LOT and MTV had to pay fan service to all the little teeny boppers who just HAD to see their fav boyband member on stage :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

the boy bands didn’t age well…meanwhile  Britney’s relevance in the world is still humongous.

A lot of Britney's VMA losses weren't to boy bands though she lost to Aaliyah, J.Lo, Pink, Beyonce, No Doubt and others a lot of the time. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, rennen2.0 said:

This performance. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: I often find myself randomly going back to it. The live vocals. The dancing. The dance breaks. The band. The audience reaction. The “omg” at the end. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: Looking back now it feels like a perfect introduction to what Britney was all about. I can’t imagine anyone watching this and questioning her talent. 

It’s my absolute favorite. My favorite song. My favorite queen. My favorite performance :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block