'Once Upon A One More Time' officially opens on Broadway in May 2023!

I bet this will be a HUGE success. I mean, c'mon, it's Britney's CATALOGUE. The best of the best hits, sung by top vocalists -- these theater performers nowadays have impeccable voices. They're going to smash these songs, I can't wait to hear how the ensemble sounds. 

This show will live on Broadway forever, like Wicked, or at least tour endlessly for years, I'm highly confident about that. Broadway has definitely taken a turn towards pop-musical theater in this decade and regardless what the GP thinks of Britney the person, her catalogue of hits will outlive her, she is legend status.

I love when they use pop artists' hits to create a musical. I just saw Jagged Little Pill and the storyline they created to Alanis Morsette's catalogue of hits was PHENOMENAL. 

• Love 4
Just now, moonshineglitter said:

Max Martin also has &Juliet out on Broadway and in the West End? I guess! It features many Britney Songs and cant wait to see it someday! I mean his entire calatoluge is just crazy (the stop remix!)

Actually &Juliet opened on Broadway last month lol, so in 2023 we'll have 3 musicals featuring Britney songs

Once Upon a One More Time

&Juliet

Moulin Rouge 

When will any of your faves? :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

• Love 1
  • Content Curators

The James L. Nederlander and Hunter Arnold-produced show ‘Once Upon A One More Time’ will open at the Marquis Theatre on June 23, 2023 following previews, which begin May 13. Directed and choreographed by Keone and Mari Madrid (Beyond Babel, Karate Kid), the show combines classic storybook characters Cinderella, Snow White, Little Mermaid and more with hits from Spears’ extensive, award-winning music catalog.

Britney herself called the production “a dream come true for me.” 

“I’m so excited to have a musical with my songs — especially one that takes place in such a magical world filled with characters that I grew up on, who I love and adore,” she continued in a statement at the time. 

Before the musical’s D.C. run in 2021, Hartmere said he was “given access to all of Spears’s songs,” according to an interview with the Post. “The only thing I was told was that she loves fairies,”. “And I was like, ‘That’s it, that’s what we’ve got to go on.'”

“I knew the songs that everybody else knew,” he added. “I didn’t know the deep cuts. She literally has a song [called] ‘Cinderella.’ I was like, ‘All right, I have to do this.'”

013_Cast_of_Once_Upon_A_One_More_Time_cr
T.CO

The James L. Nederlander and Hunter Arnold-produced show will open at the Marquis Theatre on June 23.

Edited by Cqleb
  • Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block