'Once Upon A One More Time' officially opens on Broadway in May 2023!

The Broadway run at the Marquis is on Ticketmaster now, so it looks like an announcement is imminent. First preview is May 13, 2023, with what looks like an opening night of June 22.  Britney fan presale starts at 9 a.m. ET tomorrow, so I guess we'll get an announcement first thing in the morning :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Could this be the announcement Britney would make on her birthday?  :lostney_britney_what_confused_huh_who_looking_around_glory:

https://www.ticketmaster.com/once-upon-a-one-more-time-tickets/artist/2953891

I've seen the previews in DC last year and I LOVED every minute of the musical. I'm also sure there'll be changes since it needed some rework in a few aspects, but overall is a great musical   :elton:

Oh baby baby, your favorite fairy-tale icons are flipping their scripts -- empowered by the chart-topping hits of the undisputed Princess of Pop, Britney Spears. Once Upon a One More Time weaves the definitive hits of Britney Spears into a "clever and uproarious" (NPR) original story that proves there's more to life than finding a prince.

Every fortnight, when our storybook heroines gather for book club, they always discuss the same book: Grimm's Fairy Tales -- because as far as they know, it's the only book that's ever been written. That's when a rogue fairy godmother drops The Feminine Mystique into their corseted laps. From now on, "Happily ever after" will never be the same. It's the ultimate revisionist fairy tale that'll make you feel stronger than yesterday.

ngcb35

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Crazy4BRITNEY3.0 said:

Would she even earn from this?

She gets her earnings from those songs where she appears as writer and co-writer, that's how jukebox musicals work. She also gets money since her name is used on the marquee and marketing materials like merch, it's her brand :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

For the book, including characters or musical arrangements, no because she didn't write the musical. Most importantly, if she's not okay with this she'll make sure to let us know through instagram :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

• Haha 2
  • Like 5
Just now, Onyxgirl17 said:

I have questions…..

#1: What is the Britney fan presale?

#2: Does Britney approve of this or is this a cash grab that goes to team con? 

#1: What is the Britney fan presale? Presale that starts tomorrow :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

#2: Does Britney approve of this or is this a cash grab that goes to team con?  If Britney does not approve this, she'll let us know, she's pretty vocal about many things :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

This is wonderful news. I'm happy to see Britney's artistry, craft and music finally being celebrated by Broadway and for the younger generation to be reminded of her unprecedented legacy. It's a nice shift from all the personal drama/turmoil that's been surrounding her life for the last several years. Hopefully this can fall under the same caliber as Michael Jackson's "One" and The Beatles "LOVE" shows. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

#1: What is the Britney fan presale? Presale that starts tomorrow :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

#2: Does Britney approve of this or is this a cash grab that goes to team con?  If Britney does not approve this, she'll let us know, she's pretty vocal about many things :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Ok but who has access to the presale?

Y’all need to chill before immediately protesting this btw- Britney herself helped produce this and was involved in the production, cast and crew confirmed she even sat in on one of the rehearsals before it’s run in DC, I’m assuming she’s been involved since it’s inception and is one of the projects she has had Matt Rosengart help manage financially etc. 

This will be well received and will be great for her legacy/lasting impact to future generations. Could even win her a Tony if she’s listed an an EP 

1 minute ago, (You Drive Chris) Crazy said:

Y’all need to chill before immediately protesting this btw- Britney herself helped produce this and was involved in the production, cast and crew confirmed she even sat in on one of the rehearsals before it’s run in DC, I’m assuming she’s been involved since it’s inception and is one of the projects she has had Matt Rosengart help manage financially etc. 

This will be well received and will be great for her legacy/lasting impact to future generations. Could even win her a Tony if she’s listed an an EP 

It's true that she's supposedly been involved since its inception, and in fact DC theater owner said last year that she came up with the idea of fairy tales to tell this musical. Now truth is she was under the conservatorship during all that, even when she attended the NYC rehearsals in 2018 so we really don't know how much she was forced to agree on this. I truly feel she's okay with this otherwise she would have stopped it after the conservatorship ended, but that's just me

I saw the DC tryout last year and it was gorgeous! The story is really great, with a lot of empowerment and so related to Britney's situation and the awful conservatorship that it was scary at times. The songs are also wonderfully arranged and you could tell people were having the time of their lives :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

What gives me confident is that if she's not okay with this, she'll tell the world :neydedance_purple:

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, charlenerose said:

This is wonderful news. I'm happy to see Britney's artistry, craft and music finally being celebrated by Broadway and for the younger generation to be reminded of her unprecedented legacy. It's a nice shift from all the personal drama/turmoil that's been surrounding her life for the last several years. Hopefully this can fall under the same caliber as Michael Jackson's "One" and The Beatles "LOVE" shows. 

I get what you’re saying, but what about the show celebrates her artistry, craft, or music? It’s a very different show than One or LOVE. The only thing “Britney” about this show is the music and lyrics, most of which she didn’t write.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block