Britney shades Selena Gomez? "Don’t you just love the nerve of women who stand firmly getting awards and speak on their beliefs about not showing their bodies on instagram"

Message added by Slayer,

Please keep comments respectful.

Message added by Jordan Miller,

7 hours ago, s&m said:

For me it’s incredible it’s the hypocrisy here. Everyone seems so sensitive these days but when it comes to Britney the comments are so disrespectful. 

“She needs help” it’s a disgusting comment. 

Nicki minaj, cardi b, madonna, etc throw shade at other people and no one says “they need help”! 

This. I wish Britney was allowed to be angry and messy without the stigma of the cship. Celebrities fight all the time! No one said "lock her up" to Doja Cat when she was fighting the stranger things boy.  

Also I'm getting tired with the "she should go to therapy" comments coming from her own fans, when she already said she is getting therapy. even in the audios she shared. it's like no one listens to her. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Watch Me Work It said:

This. I wish Britney was allowed to be angry and messy without the stigma of the cship. Celebrities fight all the time! No one said "lock her up" when Doja Cat when she was fighting the stranger things boy.  

Also I'm getting tired with the "she should go to therapy" comments coming from her own fans, when she already said she is getting therapy. even in the audios she shared. it's like no one listens to her. 

it’s sickening 

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, BananaBoy98 said:

Okay, answer me - in what is Selenerz talented? And say it seriously. :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

She has great music with a huge fanbase, she is a very good actress with a wildly successful show on Hulu (and her cooking show on HBO is a hit), and I love her stance on different matters especially mental health. 

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, filmandstage13 said:

I guess I don't understand the drama?  I read her original caption and my big takeaway was that she's for embracing your body and ***iness on Instagram.  Then people suspected that she was referencing an old Selena clip and everyone starts having meltdowns?  Is it really that big a deal, even if Selena's comments did inspire the post?

These threads that bemoan Britney speaking out are tiresome at best, and at worst opportunities for everyone to give unsolicited takes on her mental state.

Same. If you read her caption without that Selena context (which I didn't even pick up on until I've seen some fan theories), she has a great point. A free woman is the one that feels comfortable in her own skin and is not afraid of showing it - nothing wrong with that.

Now everybody attacking Britney as if she literally tagged Selena and not speak the most general thing. 

And let's not forget Britney literally forgets about the existence of some of her own songs, I really doubt she would remember a random award speech from 10 years ago.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, Steve W said:

I love Britney. Shes not perfect. Yet she holds a place in my heart, the good , the bad and the ugly.  She is angry and newly learning adult life. Shes not had access like we have towards the internet, her car, no friends , only select people, shes been guarded, her money stolen, shes had an IUD forced, forced meds, over 13 years of abuse, manipulation, s** trafficking, her kids used against her, money stolen, forced holds, she was abused constantly, she lost her freedom and autonomy. She lost custody. She lost so much .  Many times she tried escaping. I do not understand her pain or suffering. I do not defend everything or understand yet I look with empathy. What was done to her was criminal. Its 💯 a given shes looking unhealthy and unstable. Yet I hope she allows and finds more people who can guide her through her pain. I have been angry. It consumes us all at times. I can not fathom her anger and sadness from her situation . Yet she survived thee abuse and is free now. She deserves that. She also deserves patience and understanding. She will survive this as well. Not saying shes gonna not be messy. Upset many fans. I am not gonna say I approve or do not approve. Many of us have had hard times .. she has a lot of abuse we do not know about. She was severely traumatized. Remember that folks. Its easy not to comprehend .  Shes also always has been ***ualized as a child. I see her in pain. To the people who can not bare to watch her anymore. The best thing to do is unfollow her.  I am sure she wants more help yet everyone that has helped her only abused her . How on earth does she trust anyone? Her own family capitalized off her suffering. She was their cash cow yet shes human. I do not defend her or comprehend her actions. Yet I have empathy . I wish her happiness. Try killing with kindness. Or walk away. Why has not instagram blocked her if her posts are too much ? They do not care. Maybe instagram needs a section for adults only. I do not think kids need to be seeing all her posts. Its too much . Yet no I am not offended by her posts.  I actually admire many . She maybe angry but shes strength. I am concerned for her at times. Its sad to watch her suffering.  You can not defend all her actions , yet her heart is in the right place. She is a good women , a gifted women, shes been a light for many. She needs to purge the anger  . It will eat her alive. Unfortunately it’s justified on her part, yet she needs a better support system.  She needs more healthier outlets than instagram. Instagram is not a healthy platform for her. The abusive comments are not helping her either. She can dance til her hearts content. Just do it privately. She needs to heal. Nobody has to like her . Shes like a sea biscuit to her fans and yet only a racehorse to her family. I adore Britney yet I do not condone all her actions. I actually said goodbye to instagram. I need an internet break. Exhale is next. I think I will wait for the book and just let Britney figure out herself for a bit. 

Wow! I am so happy someone like you was able to really put in words everything I am thinking. As a French-Canadian, my English writing is limited but… wow! I agree with everything, it totally deserved my 2-minute reading! :-)

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, MasterMindz said:

She has great music

First, I must fix you - she has heavily edited vocals and she can't even perform them live. I think that "great" biggest part is doing production, masterers. So, I don't know what people hear, but except "Wolves" (what is just good product) she has forgetable music and I hope people will stop saying she is "great singer" with "amazing voice", because she IS NOT. 

58 minutes ago, MasterMindz said:

she is a very good actress with a wildly successful show on Hulu (and her cooking show on HBO is a hit).

Give me some good movies for watch, and name for that cooking show, I will watch these :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

59 minutes ago, MasterMindz said:

and I love her stance on different matters especially mental health. 

I'm not sure if she is dojng that for good thing, or for getting attention and pretending how is she "nice" person. - no shade.

17 minutes ago, Joel Santos said:

I can't with anyone who says Selena has no talent. hahaha But what is Britney's talent these days? Her greatest gift was dancing and, well, she lost...

Selena and Britney are huge level difference. Britney did good performances during MMC days, she honestly went to the auditions, recorded promotional demo songs, worked hard during debut era, she was connected to music processing, (co-)wrote songs, made choreo, came with ideas for next songs, videos, she acted in movies, she worked hard in things even she didn't liked them in last 13 years.

Selena - she acted in Barney TV show, then they offered her deal with music label even she can't sing anymore, they prepared her vocals hard for "sounding good", she got almost everything for free. Maybe she is good as actor, but as singer, dancer, songwriter sure not.

I think you don't know Britney's career so much.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.