How is it even POSSIBLE that Myah Marie sang on Britney Jean instead of Britney?

26 minutes ago, officialmaurice said:

This can’t be real life!!! 💀 never has anyone EVER sang lead vocals on a JLo album in place of JLo. Y’all believe anything on the internet. Trust your ears for once. 

What are you talking about? I'm not dissing her, but you must be completely delusional if you think that there aren't songs in J.Lo's discography that are largely sang by Christina Millian and Ashanti. You can call it background vocals all you want, but background vocals are only background vocals when they are... in the background.

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, BlackoutITZ said:

What are you talking about? I'm not dissing her, but you must be completely delusional if you think that there aren't songs in J.Lo's discography that are largely sang by Christina Millian and Ashanti. You can call it background vocals all you want, but background vocals are only background vocals when they are... in the background.

So you’re saying you can’t tell the difference between their voices? If that’s the case, I get the confusion. And “songs”? Ashanti and Christina have one song each on JLo & J-to-the-LO. What are the other songs they sang? WHERE are the other songs they sang?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, officialmaurice said:

Clear examples of Jennifer singing lead and the background vocals/vocalists being retained for the final product. 

She isn't comfortable with her voice and it shows, she has the look and the image. 

With Jenny From The Block i can't tell the difference, it's the same track for me. 

With Ain't your mama her voice is there, mixed with Meghan, but i imagine her singing along to the demo and the producer is like: Yeah, sounds like the demo, great work! 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
59 minutes ago, officialmaurice said:

So you’re saying you can’t tell the difference between their voices? If that’s the case, I get the confusion. And “songs”? Ashanti and Christina have one song each on JLo & J-to-the-LO. What are the other songs they sang? WHERE are the other songs they sang?

songs = plural of song

plural = more than one

I hope you understand that now.

Christina sings the lead vocals of the chorus of Play, and her voice is all over the song, which is clearly obvious to anyone not suffering from hearing loss. Shalene Thomas sings the lead vocal of I'm Real chorus and Ashanti sings the lead vocals of the ****** Remix chorus.

Natasha Ramos sings the chorus and bridge of Jenny From The Block. Parts of Ryde or Die are sang entirely by Brandy. The hook of All I Have consists of a sampled vocal from Debra Laws and a lot of the rest of the song is sang by Makeba Rid****.

It's also a common trait in her discography that the choruses are sang by uncredited vocalists, such as for If You Had My Love.

I like Jennifer, and I'm not trying to shade her for this as I said, it's not all that uncommon in the industry. But to try to act like there are no examples in her discography of other singers heavily carrying the track and contributing more vocals, especially to the choruses, you must a delusional fan drinking way too much kool aid.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, officialmaurice said:

Can we please stop with this? They didn’t “sing” her albums, they sang backup on the songs they wrote. Fully credited as songwriters and backup vocalists but y’all love controversy 🤦🏽‍♂️ If you, or other like minds, believes this conspiracy theory, you CLEARLY haven’t listened to any of JLo’s music aside from the singles. 

It's not conspiracy - both Ashanti and Christina have been VERY vocal about it.

If the background "vocals" are louder than the ones from the lead singer......then it's not really "background"

they did the same to Bebe Rexha FOR YEARS while she was trying to break into the business.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, BlackoutITZ said:

songs = plural of song

plural = more than one

Christina sings the lead vocals of the chorus of Play, and her voice is all over the song, which is clearly obvious to anyone not suffering from hearing loss. Shalene Thomas sings the lead vocal of I'm Real chorus and Ashanti sings the lead vocals of the ****** Remix chorus.

Natasha Ramos sings the chorus and bridge of Jenny From The Block. Parts of Ryde or Die are sang entirely by Brandy. The hook of All I Have consists of a sampled vocal from Debra Laws and a lot of the rest of the song is sang by Makeba Rid****.

It's also a common trait in her discography that the choruses are sang by uncredited vocalists, such as for If You Had My Love.

I like Jennifer, and I'm not trying to shade her for this as I said, it's not all that uncommon in the industry. But to try to act like there are no examples in her discography of other singers heavily carrying the track and contributing more vocals, especially to the choruses, you must a delusional fan drinking way too much kool aid.

I’m still waiting for Christina’s demo for “Play” to surface so I never have to listen to Jlo’s whack *** version again honestly

• Love 1
4 hours ago, BlackoutITZ said:

Play is so obviously 75% Millian vocals. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, BlackoutITZ said:

songs = plural of song

plural = more than one

I just really want you to know that you’re saying what I said but adding “but THEIR voice Is louder” 😂 if you’ve read the credits over the years, you’d know that all of the people mentioned (btw, Shawnyette Harrell and Jennifer Karr are the credited bg vocalists of If You Had My Love) were credited and paid for their work. It’s documented for Pete’s sake. Read the liner notes.

One comment I saw was very accurate of Jennifer’s and many others’ music. It stated that Jennifer went into the studio and sang along with the reference track. The producers and mixers retained the background vocals for the final product (I think I said that too). 

And I understand y’all may not be shading her but the tone of the video does. It’s poorly researched and presented as slander, not informative. If we’ve learned anything about the Pop music industry, it’s that 7 times out of 10, the artist records and usually hears the final product when we do. This video paints the story as if SHE said “do this and I’ll do this”. She did her job and kept it pushing, like we all do when we clock into our places of employment. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block