How is it even POSSIBLE that Myah Marie sang on Britney Jean instead of Britney?

2 hours ago, Complication said:

I mean, realistically they probably just thought Mayah's performance was better and didn't think anyone would notice. I doubt it's any more deeper than that.

It's frustrating though and shows how little her team cared about Britney's artistry. We've all heard how she's a perfectionist in the studio and knows exactly how she wants and needs to sing a song, but instead they all underminded her and used Myah to create the performance they wanted instead of just respecting Britney's decisions.

MTE. I heard that Britney sang most of the songs in a lower key and they wanted stuff in a higher key, but who knows.

@RedBloodedWoman couldn’t have said it any better though. It was all just very weird and there was a sudden shift in the albums direction. As much as I LOVE all the Glory outtakes we’re getting, I would really love to hear something from the Britney Jean sessions. It’s honestly just so mysterious and I would love to know what they were working on before Will joined the project. 

I also love that RedBloodedWoman brought up the WB video censorship. I don’t believe that either (I could have also sworn someone from the video said it was fake, but I can’t remember). Britney’s image dramatically shifted this era and they were really going for the whole “I’m a mom” image. They even pushed her “cool mom Instagram” as part of her image (isn’t it ironic how they would eventually use her Instagram to also tear her down?). I knew the “I’m a mom now” image was fake the moment the Glory era started. As soon as the OG Make Me video clips started to leak I just found it so funny how there was something so explicit in the WB video that they took it out, however here she was FULLY nude covered in glitter in a cage lol Granted, when the video was scrapped everyone was immediately like ITS JUST LIKE WB ITS TOO RACY SHES A MOM NOW GUYS, but I felt like from there on Britney’s ***uality in her image/career made a resurgence. With Vegas being relaunched, her posting more and more racy content (Breathe on Me videos, anyone?), it just became very evident that BJ’s image was all a lie and was something they were really pushing her to do. I mean look at her now on Instagram, and compare that to 2013. Do you really think *this* woman is too modest to show some skin? Lol

• Love 5
12 hours ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

We'll probably never know completely. Last time I spoke about Antony Preston some psycho **** rider fan tried to say I was lying whenever he spoke up during the Hulu doc era, so I won't go into detail about him. However, the pro tool files for several tracks are literally labeled "M", "mm" & "myah" on songs she's not even credited for. What we do know is alot of the stuff she worked on for the original album in late 2012/early 2013 was scrapped just like Femme Fatale with only small traces making the final albums; "Alien" "Hold On Tite", "Easy", "Up n Down", "He About to Lose Me", "Trouble For Me", "Scary" etc. Britney Jean was originally really urban with alot of hip-hop influences including a Wiz Kahlifa collab, & more urban songs produced by Hitboy, Elijah Blake, Darkchild, Naughty Boy & Scoop Deville. Dev Hynes & Danja both submitted demos to Britney as well, but her team rejected them. She did "Alien" around spring 2013 & when she did Shape Mag a few months after she said the album was still going to be more hip-hop. Will was announced as executive producer shortly after the Shape mag interview (much to the fanbase's dismay) & she ended up recording "Perfume" with Chris Braide that July" & working on more material with Orbit the same month (which never saw the light of day)  As we know Will & Antony ended up tainting both of these productions resulting in the album version of "Perfume" & the glitchy Myah infused album version of "Alien". It makes no sense for Myah to be anywhere near "Alien" considering Britney first tracked it months before WIll was exec producer, wrote the second verse, & returned to Orbit's studio shortly after Will was announced as EP. If anything was missing or needed re-recording she had plenty of time to do it which she did, yet they record Myah's vocals for the track & don't even credit her in the booklet..

No one really knows what went wrong between July & Oct, but none of it really makes any sense. The fake writing credits, the initial material being scrapped, Lou's brainchild aka the Vegas residency (that had a clause in the contract she negotiated stating the C- was required) being her team's main priority, & statements (I believe were all lies) regarding the WB video being too **** + Larry speaking for Britney saying she only wanted Will on the album make zero sense whatsoever. Something we do know is that they were rushing to get new tracks for the record in late 2013. (Now That I Found You was one of the last songs recorded for the album the writers rushed to get to Britney damn near the album's release- I posted the excerpt from a very obscure interview a year or two ago & for some reason it's completely wiped from the net. Maybe @PlayboyMommy saved it because I remember them quoting it) "Easy" had been circulating since 2012 before Will was ever announced as EP so it was either a Femme Fatale or Scream & Shout era/Willpower outtake that ended up on the final tracklist.

William Orbit says the "Alien" glitch had nothing to do with him, I'm almost 100% certain Antony is the one who recorded all of Myah's vocals given he was the vocal producer & mentioned her team threatening to ruin her work, Myah's on the final mix of Alien which he & Will tampered with which makes no sense considering she isn't credited for it & Ana Diaz demoed it before Britney wrote the second verse. The theories I find plausible are them deciding to show Britney they didn't need her & them replacing random bits with her vocals & even having her sing entire chunks "Passenger", "Chillin With You" & "Body Ache" most notoriously, "Hold on Tite" is the oldest song on the album next to "Easy" yet Antony's weird self decided to splice Myah's vocals all over the song louder than Britney's & even comped into her lead vocal like most of the rest of the album. Like I mentioned earlier he said that B said her team would "mess up with her work", "blame their **** ups on her" & that she was "tired" & if she really did say these things (which I don't doubt, I just don't trust him after some of the things he said years ago) it would support this theory. I also think by forcing Britney to scrap her original urban tracks for the second album in a row she was completely over it due to her artistic integrity being compromised & constant Vegas rehearsals she was even forced to do on her birthday. Also, a rumor was going around shortly after the album's release that claimed several producers pulled their tracks due to her not being able to promote due to Planet Hollywood's contract limiting her performances too, but I personally don't believe it. She's been close to Darkchild for YEARS & has so many songs with him released & unreleased, he wouldn't do that to her. Naughty Boy & Hitboy were just starting to pop off in the urban scene & there's no way they would pull songs they'd already recorded with Britney. Overall that entire era was a complete mess filled with endless negativity & one weird thing after the next. Jordan causing the massive meltdowns over the "desert performance", the "Alien" glitch, the awful POM wigs "that Britney recently confirmed she did because she didn't give a ****", the fake "raw Alien" recording leak someone made with melodyne Orbit confirmed to be fake, the censorship on the videos for WB & Perfume, & the overall awful music that was mostly in Myah's vocals.  On the bright side we got to hear her vocals in Perfume, & enjoy that gorgeous album photoshoot (which they picked the worst photo from for the album artwork of course... sabotage!) & the Work ***** video during this era. I truly hope we can finally find out what really happened from Brit herself one day, it would be explosive if she put it in her memoir.

I think this whole story paints Team Con's modus operandi really well, including surveillance and induced miscommunication. They were out to get her

• Love 2
14 hours ago, ElToxico said:

The same way they had Ashanti and Christina Milian sing most of Jlo's first two albums but nobody battered an eyelid. Looks like industry standards

Batted - batter is what you apply to fish or chicken (eg breadcrumbs and spices) before you fry it 

:jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

Spoiler

Fried Chicken GIF

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

Either they wanted to release an album that wasn't finished, and decided to fill the gaps in the recordings with MM, or Britney didn't want to finish the rest of album. I don't think there's another explanation. 

They just thought nobody will notice. Everything since 2012 by team con had been "let's see how far we can go spending as little money and effort as possible"

• Like 2
16 hours ago, ElToxico said:

The same way they had Ashanti and Christina Milian sing most of Jlo's first two albums but nobody battered an eyelid. Looks like industry standards

Yeah I've always found it interesting that more people don't draw the comparison between Britney Jean/Myah Marie, and all of the similarities in Jennifer Lopez's discography over the years that is full of other singers singing the lead vocal. The use of "ghost singing" in the industry isn't actually that unusual, it's just rare that people call it out and it reaches people's attention.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Tear the floor up up said:

They rushed the album as Vegas was their priority. I'm assuming it was some contractual obligation, bc otherwise why didn't they bother with an EP instead? I'm guessing something very messy was going on behind the scenes for the finished sessions to require lots of vocal dubbing afterwards.

It should have been an EP with WB, Perfume, Tik Tik Boom, Don't Cry, Hold On Tight and maybe one more

• Love 1
  • Like 3
20 hours ago, ElToxico said:

Can we please stop with this? They didn’t “sing” her albums, they sang backup on the songs they wrote. Fully credited as songwriters and backup vocalists but y’all love controversy 🤦🏽‍♂️ If you, or other like minds, believes this conspiracy theory, you CLEARLY haven’t listened to any of JLo’s music aside from the singles. 

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, BlackoutITZ said:

Yeah I've always found it interesting that more people don't draw the comparison between Britney Jean/Myah Marie, and all of the similarities in Jennifer Lopez's discography over the years that is full of other singers singing the lead vocal. The use of "ghost singing" in the industry isn't actually that unusual, it's just rare that people call it out and it reaches people's attention.

This can’t be real life!!! 💀 never has anyone EVER sang lead vocals on a JLo album in place of JLo. Y’all believe anything on the internet. Trust your ears for once. 

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block