Is ''Hold Me Closer'' officially a hit?

On paper it looks like a big hit with those placements. I'd say a medium sized hit. It certainly will be forgotten about by the GP down the road. It's streams are abysmal for where you would expect them to be considering it has about 45 million audience impressions these past few weeks. It appears that those who hear it on the radio don't actively seek it out to stream. It's not fair to compare her to current artists who have large, young fanbases to stream, though. Her demo is not Top 40 anymore, so for it to get this far chartwise has been incredible.

• Love 2

I'd say it's a hit.

Anything charting top 10 on the Billboard hot 100 is a hit in my eyes. It's the most important chart of the charts for artists. To reach a top 10 spot is pretty much a big thing.

The fact it did it without a proper music video (we only got a video like 2 weeks ago which doesn't even have 1 of the singers in), no live performances and the fact Britney mentioned it only like what? 2 times?

Only hit songs reach a top 10 spot with that little promo.

Obviously not the biggest hit ever but it sure is a hit.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Henry. said:

Peaked at #6 on Billboard Hot 100 (still in top 30), top 10 on US Overall Radio Airplay, coming for 100 mln streams & getting like 1,5 mln streams everyday on Spotify...

a84911c0e3eaaeafffae9502475094b7.gif

It's obviously not the biggest song of her career and you may like the song or not but I think we can officially say Britney Spears has done it again and she has another hit song in her discography and it's 2022 :bouncey: 

I totally think she's capable of creating a whole new catalog of hits :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

• It debuted at #6 on BB100 which was higher than Work B at #12 and Make Me... at #17
  • The song was third song ever to debut at #1 on Hot Dance/Electronic Songs-chart
  • It's been really consistent on both radio charts and official charts around the world, only rising after 6 weeks (most of her songs since start of conservatorship were already free falling after 2 weeks)
  • It's currently receiving around 10 million streams per week on spotify and it's not losing steam yet which is great
  • It will be her fastest song to reach 100 million streams on spotify and is on its way to beat all the tracks on Glory, Britney, and even Femme Fatale this year if it continues with this pace
  • It was the song that helped Britney to break two records; Most monthly listeners on pre-digital era female artist, and first female solo artist to have top 10 radio hit in the U.S in four different decades.
  • The song has next to no promo, aside from generic music video and visualizer, so Britney will earn massive paycheck for few hours of working. Queen of working smarter rather than harder. :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:
  • Love 4
48 minutes ago, Stannedforever said:
  • It debuted at #6 on BB100 which was higher than Work B at #12 and Make Me... at #17
  • The song was third song ever to debut at #1 on Hot Dance/Electronic Songs-chart
  • It's been really consistent on both radio charts and official charts around the world, only rising after 6 weeks (most of her songs since start of conservatorship were already free falling after 2 weeks)
  • It's currently receiving around 10 million streams per week on spotify and it's not losing steam yet which is great
  • It will be her fastest song to reach 100 million streams on spotify and is on its way to beat all the tracks on Glory, Britney, and even Femme Fatale this year if it continues with this pace
  • It was the song that helped Britney to break two records; Most monthly listeners on pre-digital era female artist, and first female solo artist to have top 10 radio hit in the U.S in four different decades.
  • The song has next to no promo, aside from generic music video and visualizer, so Britney will earn massive paycheck for few hours of working. Queen of working smarter rather than harder. :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

GREAT!! Plus the AC and Hot AC radio success is impressive: it paves the way for the 2nd collab single and paves the way for Britney on these 2 formats. HMC succeeds on its own with logevity and being driven by airplay with sales equivalent of 400,000 units already. The Purple remix will give it a boost for gold certified

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block