The nominations for the 2022 American Music Awards are in!

Style.

spacer.png

Rapper, singer and rising actor Bad Bunny scored a leading eight nominations for the 2022 American Music Awards, which will be handed out next month. Beyoncé, Drake and Taylor Swift are next with six noms each, followed by Adele, Harry Styles and The Weeknd with five apiece.

ABC will air the show live at 8 p.m. ET from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles and delayed at 8 p.m. PT in the West.

ARTIST OF THE YEAR
Adele
Bad Bunny
Beyoncé
Drake
Harry Styles
Taylor Swift
The Weeknd

NEW ARTIST OF THE YEAR
Dove Cameron
GAYLE
Latto
Måneskin
Steve Lacy

FAVORITE MUSIC VIDEO
Adele, “Easy On Me”
Bad Bunny ft. Chencho Corleone, “Me Porto Bonito”
Harry Styles, “As It Was”
Lil Nas X ft. Jack Harlow, “Industry Baby”
Taylor Swift, “All Too Well (Taylor’s Version)”

FAVORITE MALE POP ARTIST
Bad Bunny
Drake
Ed Sheeran
Harry Styles
The Weeknd

FAVORITE FEMALE POP ARTIST
Adele
Beyoncé
Doja Cat
Lizzo
Taylor Swift

FAVORITE POP DUO OR GROUP
BTS
Coldplay
Imagine Dragons
Måneskin
OneRepublic

FAVORITE POP ALBUM
Adele, “30”
Bad Bunny, “Un Verano Sin Ti”
Beyoncé, “Renaissance”
Harry Styles, “Harry’s House”
Taylor Swift, “Red (Taylor’s Version)”
The Weeknd, “Dawn FM”

FAVORITE POP SONG
Adele, “Easy On Me”
Carolina Gaitán, Mauro Castillo, Adassa, Rhenzy Feliz, Diane Guerrero, Stephanie Beatriz & Encanto Cast, “We Don’t Talk About Bruno”
Lizzo, “About Damn Time”
The Kid Laroi & Justin Bieber, “Stay”

FAVORITE MALE HIP-HOP ARTIST
Drake
Future
Kendrick Lamar
Lil Baby
Lil Durk

FAVORITE FEMALE HIP-HOP ARTIST
Cardi B
GloRilla
Latto
Megan Thee Stallion
Nicki Minaj

FAVORITE HIP-HOP ALBUM
Future, “I Never Liked You”
Gunna, “DS4EVER”
Kendrick Lamar, “Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers”
Lil Durk, “7220”
Polo G, “Hall of Fame 2.0”

FAVORITE HIP-HOP SONG
Future ft. Drake & Tems, “Wait For U”
Jack Harlow, “First Class”
Kodak Black, “Super Gremlin”
Latto, “Big Energy”

More here: 

Bad-Bunny.jpg?w=1024

Bad Bunny scored a leading eight nominations for the 2022 American Music Awards. Beyoncé, Drake...

Taylor Swift does not deserve any nominations for an 10 years old album. This is a reach and I am a fan! Also, who is SZA and what has she done in 2022? Imagine nominating Lattò for biggest song and not Doja Cat… :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Nicki is the obvious winner because she owned 2022 as a female rapper. Nicki definitely deserved a nod for Artist of the year instead of Taylor Swift or The Weeknd! I think Beyoncé should win at least three awards for Renaissance and Doja Cat is hands down robbed! Doja Cat deserves so much more… where are her nods for Need To Know, Woman or Get Into It Yuh? :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Style. said:

Taylor Swift does not deserve any nominations for an 10 years old album. This is a reach and I am a fan! Also, who is SZA and what has she done in 2022? Imagine nominating Lattò for biggest song and not Doja Cat… :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Nicki is the obvious winner because she owned 2022 as a female rapper. Nicki definitely deserved a nod for Artist of the year instead of Taylor Swift or The Weeknd! I think Beyoncé should win at least three awards for Renaissance and Doja Cat is hands down robbed! Doja Cat deserves so much more… where are her nods for Need To Know, Woman or Get Into It Yuh? :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

how do u not know SZA 😭😭😭

she’s an r&b star 🫅

ALSO SHES COLLABED WITH DOJA ON KISS ME MORE 😂

also why don’t taylor & the weeknd deserve artist of the year 😦

After seeing the full list of nominees, these are my bets for some categories:

• Artist of the Year - Adele 
  • New Artist of the Year - GAYLE
  • Favorite Music Video - All Too Well (10 Minute Version)
  • Favorite Male Pop Artist - Ed Sheeran
  • Favorite Female Pop Artist - Adele
  • Favorite Pop Duo or Group - OneRepublic
  • Favorite Pop Album - Adele "30"
  • Favorite Pop Song - "We Don't Talk About Bruno"
  • Favorite Female Country Artist - Taylor Swift
  • Favorite Country Duo or Group - Lady A
  • Favorite Country Album - Carrie Underwood "Denim & Rhinestones"
  • Favorite Male Latin Artist - J Balvin
  • Favorite Latin Album - J Balvin "Jose"
  • Favorite Rock Artist - Imagine Dragons
  • Favorite Rock Song - Kate Bush "Running Up That Hill (Deal With God)"
  • Favorite Inspirational Artist - Katy Nichole
  • Favorite Soundtrack - "Stranger Things: Soundtrack from the Netflix Series, Season 4"
  • Favorite K-POP Artist - TWICE

9 minutes ago, aoki.loid said:

how do u not know SZA 😭😭😭

she’s an r&b star 🫅

ALSO SHES COLLABED WITH DOJA ON KISS ME MORE 😂

also why don’t taylor & the weeknd deserve artist of the year 😦

I don’t think SZA has released solo music in order to be deserving of an award. Would you put Taylor’s old work next to somebody who has just released something? :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead:

38 minutes ago, Adriannn said:

True. I have mad love for Taylor, but c’mon… I truly hope it wasn’t submitted for Grammys consideration… Imagine the backlash and imagine she loses again :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

I am a fan as well, but let’s be serious… however, ofc she is going to win the AMA because it’s a fan voted soooo :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

5 hours ago, Style. said:

ARTIST OF THE YEAR
Adele
Bad Bunny
Beyoncé
Drake
Harry Styles
Taylor Swift
The Weeknd

NEW ARTIST OF THE YEAR
Dove Cameron
GAYLE
Latto
Måneskin
Steve Lacy

FAVORITE MUSIC VIDEO
Adele, “Easy On Me”
Bad Bunny ft. Chencho Corleone, “Me Porto Bonito”
Taylor Swift, “All Too Well (Taylor’s Version)”

FAVORITE MALE POP ARTIST
Bad Bunny
Drake
Ed Sheeran
Harry Styles
The Weeknd

FAVORITE FEMALE POP ARTIST
Adele
Beyoncé
Doja Cat
Lizzo
Taylor Swift

FAVORITE POP DUO OR GROUP
BTS
Coldplay
Imagine Dragons
Måneskin
OneRepublic

FAVORITE POP ALBUM
Adele, “30”
Bad Bunny, “Un Verano Sin Ti”
Beyoncé, “Renaissance”
Harry Styles, “Harry’s House”
Taylor Swift, “Red (Taylor’s Version)”
The Weeknd, “Dawn FM”

FAVORITE POP SONG
Adele, “Easy On Me”
Carolina Gaitán, Mauro Castillo, Adassa, Rhenzy Feliz, Diane Guerrero, Stephanie Beatriz & Encanto Cast, “We Don’t Talk About Bruno”
Lizzo, “About Damn Time”
The Kid Laroi & Justin Bieber, “Stay”

FAVORITE MALE HIP-HOP ARTIST
Drake
Future
Kendrick Lamar
Lil Baby
Lil Durk

FAVORITE FEMALE HIP-HOP ARTIST
Cardi B
GloRilla
Latto
Megan Thee Stallion
Nicki Minaj

FAVORITE HIP-HOP ALBUM
Future, “I Never Liked You”
Gunna, “DS4EVER”
Kendrick Lamar, “Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers”
Lil Durk, “7220”
Polo G, “Hall of Fame 2.0”

FAVORITE HIP-HOP SONG
Future ft. Drake & Tems, “Wait For U”
Jack Harlow, “First Class”
Kodak Black, “Super Gremlin”
Latto, “Big Energy”

Reading this , I got a terrible headache. The Weeknd and artist of the year of 2022? For what? Where´s Micki Minach? She´s been releasing a bop after bop so far this year. smh. Also, why no hair style there? I get that he released an album and song or two off that album were somehow popular and he toured & stuff but he got most attention for sleeping w Olivia and for spiting on Chris Pine. So now we give awards for that? lol. Favourite music video and I am yet to see most of them. Where are music videos that were actually good? Why is Drake in pop category? :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what: I am so confused. Anyway, Beyoncé, Taylor, Adele & no hair style are gonna win :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

6 hours ago, Style. said:

Pretty much this!

Jennifer Lopez Yes GIF by mtv

• Love 1

Aren't Stay and Industry Baby both over a year old.... why were they nominated?

I still find it baffling All Too Well got nommed for Best Music Video, it's a short film (with music in the background) rather than a music video. But eh. It's still nice to see it get recognition I guess.

6 hours ago, Adriannn said:

True. I have mad love for Taylor, but c’mon… I truly hope it wasn’t submitted for Grammys consideration… Imagine the backlash and imagine she loses again :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Yeah I have to agree with this. I thought it'd already been said she wasn't submitting her rerecorded albums for consideration.

I'm okay with the vault songs or All Too Well 10 minute version getting nommed as they're technically 'new' previously unreleased songs, but not the whole album. If she's truly submitting it because it lost AOTY in 2014 she needs to get over that and I say that as a fan. The album had its time already (didn't it win Best Country Album anyway?) and I feel like it'll be a slap in the face if it gets nommed over another *NEW* album that could have been recognised in its place.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block