Why do so many fans hate Femme Fatale?

On the Circus cover Britney looks haunted and sad, but on the FF cover she looks dead and photoshopped into another being.

It's the era where B lost connection completely with her image and music.

Nevertheless the album has some bangers and is pretty consistent. The bonus tracks are GOLD.

• Like 7

I remember not too long after it came out I saw fans saying it was their least favorite, but I was really into electro pop/dance music in the early 2010’s so I loved it. Couldn’t really figure out why they didn’t like it.

Couple years later I was so over that club sound and felt like it became dated fast. But the past couple years I’ve regained my love for it and that whole sound again , it’s one of my favs again :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

• Love 2
  • Like 3

For me, it’s not that I don’t like the album. I think overall it’s pretty solid but it just has an aftertaste of being forced. Circus was Britney trying to get by and FF was the beginning of Britney not being in control at all and signs pointing to it staying that way. Wasn’t there rumors that some of it was Marie and not Britney? I said this recently but I do remember hearing Britney didn’t enjoy working with Dr Luke. 

• Like 3
45 minutes ago, VCTR said:

For me, it’s not that I don’t like the album. I think overall it’s pretty solid but it just has an aftertaste of being forced. Circus was Britney trying to get by and FF was the beginning of Britney not being in control at all and signs pointing to it staying that way. Wasn’t there rumors that some of it was Marie and not Britney? I says this recently but I do remember hearing Britney didn’t enjoy working with Dr Luke. 

This. Ff is mostly myah marie with britney undertones

Because a lot of commercial pop and mainstream music from the late 2000s and early 2010s aged like milk. Like another user stated, it sounds like a Dr. Luke ft. Britney Spears record. That's not to say it's a bad album because it was very well-produced but in retrospect and after 10+ years since its release, the album doesn't have much redeeming quality or replay value anymore. To me, it's soulless and feels like a disposable record that could have had any electropop-oriented singer slapped onto it. Honestly, all of Britney's albums in the 2010s were lackluster. 

• Like 1

It did age badly and tbh even when I first heard it I was a bit underwhelmed. Tried hard to get into it at the time. Would have enjoyed it much more if this was the standard tracklist, as some tracks were just straight trash.

1. Till The World Ends

2. Hold It Against Me 

3. I Wanna Go 

4. Inside Out

5. Up N’ Down

6. How I Roll

7. Selfish

8. He About to Lose Me 

9. Trouble For Me 

10. Criminal

11. Scary

12. Trip To Your Heart

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Prerogative Rave said:

Yes, I know it annoys some people because of too much auto tune but weren't other pop girls in the early 10s like that too? Gaga, Kesha, Riri

FF is usually low in rankings but it's actually my second favorite Britney Album (after Blackout of course)

This album was literally like "you do not nothing, everything is prepared, you just record these lyrics". Some numbers are nice, but it's Britney Spears album without Britney Spears essence herself. I feel this difference since Circus, songs of a captive bird.  It's not the same as Britney Spears' music pre-con, where you felt her energy, creativity and freedom.

• Love 6
  • Super Mods

I think its because of the state that Britney was in.

She obviously looked miserable and dead inside the whole era.

Literally her eyes in each video and photoshoot look SO drugged out and medicated.

But I know its not her fault, its Team Con.

However I will say that I PREFER this album over Britney Jean cause at least its HER vocals on it and the songs are more cohesive and overall better

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.