Will Britney Be Big in Streaming?

I know, I know it's been 9 years since last solo single but I think collaborating with huge artists is the way to go for Britney to become big in streaming, she's doing really good right now after releasing HMC, she's on her way :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red: We're getting three new versions of HMC on Friday it seems, this is definitely good for numbers :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

Artists like Ed Sheeran, The Weeknd are streaming monsters, they have around 80 mln monthly listeners on Spotify. The biggest pop girls right now Taylor, Dua and Ariana have around 50/60 mln. Britney started going up thanks to HMC and she has 36 mln now (she had 25 mln before), I don't think it's that far from current pop girls, especially that Britney released only one song in streaming era :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green: This looks very promising to me but I'm not an expert :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green: Imagine her releasing collabs with huge artists and a new album :bouncey:

The way I beg for that rumored The Weeknd collab

spacer.png

Ed Sheeran, The Weeknd are big names right now

Britney is from 90s 2000s...the comparison is unfair !

wait 20 years to see if they're still on the charts

Britney Jean Spears (born December 2, 1981) is an American singer, songwriter, and dancer. Often referred to as the "Princess of Pop", she is credited with influencing the revival of teen pop during the late 1990s and early 2000s.

Regarded as a pop icon, Spears has sold 200 million records worldwide, including over 70 million in the United States, making her one of the world's best-selling music artists. She has achieved six number-one albums on the Billboard 200 and four number-one singles on the US Billboard Hot 100: "...Baby One More Time", "Womanizer", "3", and "Hold It Against Me". The "S&M" remix also topped the Billboard chart. Her singles "Oops!... I Did It Again", "Toxic", and "Scream & Shout" topped the charts in most countries. With "3" in 2009 and "Hold It Against Me" in 2011, Spears became the second artist after Mariah Carey in the Hot 100's history to debut at number one with two or more songs. Her heavily choreographed videos earned her the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award. She has earned numerous other awards and accolades, including a Grammy Award, 15 Guinness World Records, six MTV Video Music Awards, seven Billboard Music Awards (including the Millennium Award), the inaugural Radio Disney Icon Award, and a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Spears was ranked by Billboard as the eighth-biggest artist of the 2000s. In the United States, she is the fourth best-selling female album artist of the Nielsen SoundScan era as well as the best-selling female album artist of the 2000s."...Baby One More Time" was named the greatest debut single of all time by Rolling Stone in 2020. Forbes has reported Spears as the highest-earning female musician of 2001 and 2012. By 2012, she had topped Yahoo!'s list of most searched celebrities seven times in twelve years. Time named Spears one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2021.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Henry Torres said:

I know, I know it's been 9 years since last solo single but I think collaborating with huge artists is the way to go for Britney to become big in streaming, she's doing really good right now after releasing HMC, she's on her way :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red: We're getting three new versions of HMC on Friday it seems, this is definitely good for numbers :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

Artists like Ed Sheeran, The Weeknd are streaming monsters, they have around 80 mln monthly listeners on Spotify. The biggest pop girls right now Taylor, Dua and Ariana have around 50/60 mln. Britney started going up thanks to HMC and she has 36 mln now (she had 25 mln before), I don't think it's that far from current pop girls, especially that Britney released only one song in streaming era :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green: This looks very promising to me but I'm not an expert :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green: Imagine her releasing collabs with huge artists and a new album :bouncey:

The way I beg for that rumored The Weeknd collab

It's REALLY difficult for an artist that has 23 years of career to adapt into the streaming format, look at Madonna, JLO, Xtina, and other girls from 80s/90s struggling with their streaming numbers. The difference is that current streaming artists will never top the numbers Britney or Madonna made with her actual sales :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

I think Britney is doing amazingly well on streaming, and perhaps she could become a stable 30 million monthly listeners artist which would also be really good. The good thing is that next month (Halloween season) Toxic will start increasing its numbers as it does every October and then My Only GODIsh shows up again into the game to climb higher and higher like every Xmas season and that boosts Britney's streaming numbers a lot! So to sum it up, I can totally see Britney reaching over 40 millions listeners in the coming months which is going to be epic :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on:

26 minutes ago, that's hot y'all said:

Ed Sheeran, The Weeknd are big names right now

Britney is from 90s 2000s...the comparison is unfair !

wait 20 years to see if they're still on the charts

Britney Jean Spears (born December 2, 1981) is an American singer, songwriter, and dancer. Often referred to as the "Princess of Pop", she is credited with influencing the revival of teen pop during the late 1990s and early 2000s.

Regarded as a pop icon, Spears has sold 200 million records worldwide, including over 70 million in the United States, making her one of the world's best-selling music artists. She has achieved six number-one albums on the Billboard 200 and four number-one singles on the US Billboard Hot 100: "...Baby One More Time", "Womanizer", "3", and "Hold It Against Me". The "S&M" remix also topped the Billboard chart. Her singles "Oops!... I Did It Again", "Toxic", and "Scream & Shout" topped the charts in most countries. With "3" in 2009 and "Hold It Against Me" in 2011, Spears became the second artist after Mariah Carey in the Hot 100's history to debut at number one with two or more songs. Her heavily choreographed videos earned her the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award. She has earned numerous other awards and accolades, including a Grammy Award, 15 Guinness World Records, six MTV Video Music Awards, seven Billboard Music Awards (including the Millennium Award), the inaugural Radio Disney Icon Award, and a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Spears was ranked by Billboard as the eighth-biggest artist of the 2000s. In the United States, she is the fourth best-selling female album artist of the Nielsen SoundScan era as well as the best-selling female album artist of the 2000s."...Baby One More Time" was named the greatest debut single of all time by Rolling Stone in 2020. Forbes has reported Spears as the highest-earning female musician of 2001 and 2012. By 2012, she had topped Yahoo!'s list of most searched celebrities seven times in twelve years. Time named Spears one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2021.

2 minutes ago, blackingouthenegativity said:

She has 36 million monthly listeners on Spotify alone. So many artists want just a fraction of what she has. She's doing great. She sold more albums in her first 5 years than most people ever will in history. 

No one denies her success, she's one of the biggest artists of all time, it's obvious. We live in a different era now and I'd be amazing for her to make a great transition and become big EVEN in streaming :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red::bouncey:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block