VMA 2000: How do you think Christina felt having to perform during the same show that Britney gave her legendary Oops performance

What a silly thread :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:
...I think she felt some kind of joy 'cause they both dreamed of being superstars when they were kids and had already achieved it, it was a big night for both, they were both performing that night :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:
She probably thought, "oops Brit is lip-syncing at an awards show" while I sing live :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:(it was the first on time on MTV she did it with the voice on the CD).
but I honestly think she was more excited about Eminem's performance :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

• Like 1
3 hours ago, GlitterRain said:

Hey, I agree but there’s no pettiness happening here. It’s a valid question. I do like Christina but the reality is that in 2000 it was Britney’s year and it must have been hard for Christina to keep up. Unfortunately there was only one queen bee back then and it was Britney. Now a days everyone can dominate! :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

Xtina certainly didn't want Brit's success if she had to pay the price of being controlled by her label and portraying a false image that she was not.
She always wanted to be recognized more as a "great performer" than a "pop princess" and she did it, everyone knows that Britney is the eternal pop princess and Xtina is the voice of the generation..

• Love 2
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
Just now, ZoneSpears said:

Why are your threads always rhetorical? PRIME BRITNEY is never coming back, and it would be a dream to the moon if she decides to come back. Fans always comparing her (old) self to the other artists now and then just looks desperate, piteous and delusional.

Do you not like talking about history? They both performed in 2000 and clearly Britney had the better performance. I’m not sure what you are trying to imply but if Christina and Britney both performed at the same award show now a days, I can assure you that Britney’s performance would outweigh Christina’s still :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

• Super Mods
Just now, HisNameisChase said:

What's interesting is Christina is wearing a revealing outfit like Britney but never got called out for it. I wonder how different it would be if Britney came out with the nude outfit rather than stripping it off.

Also Chrisfina was sick during this performance 

Stop making excuses for her. She sounded amazing, even while being sick so that’s impressive actually! Her performance was good but just not on par with Britney’s level and that’s ok. I feel bad for her tbh.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

The controversy was big too with this one, Metal fans against Fred and because of that Fred saying that was for the "nokie" what a idiot and s**ist like Eminem... All that was very commented:

17:48

Xtina against Britney, Fred, Eminem, P!nk... She was a true boss, at that age and saying all that she was thinking.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.