The Official 'Hold Me Closer' iTunes and Spotify charts thread - #1 in iTunes for six consecutive days!

2 minutes ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

So if the audience is 9 we can reduce streams & sales but if we keep the stream & sales I’m sure we can get top 10 

Don’t reduce nothing lol indeed we stream more and buy from multiple platforms if we have already purchased from iTunes

1 minute ago, Glory* said:

Don’t reduce nothing lol indeed we stream more and buy from multiple platforms if we have already purchased from iTunes

Exactly.

we shoot for the highest debut we can. Radio stations and the streaming services will look at Billboard for guidance. If they see an instant top 10 or top 15, they will continue playlisting and playing the song. If it flops, they will drop it and the song will just fall off the charts. It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

after 3-4 weeks, the GP will be sufficiently attuned to the songs. Ppl will have it in their running and party playlists after exposure. The song will take on a life of its own

thats why 1st week is so important

excited bird GIF

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Greg Sargent said:

Exactly.

we shoot for the highest debut we can. Radio stations and the streaming services will look at Billboard for guidance. If they see an instant top 10 or top 15, they will continue playlisting and playing the song. If it flops, they will drop it and the song will just fall off the charts. It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

after 3-4 weeks, the GP will be sufficiently attuned to the songs. Ppl will have it in their running and party playlists after exposure. The song will take on a life of its own

thats why 1st week is so important

excited bird GIF

if spotify added it to the TTH playlist it would be easier to get to the GP too. I am hoping with all my heart for a top 3 or #1 debut

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.