Aubrey O’Day called out for faking her holiday gram pics

nwonder

4 hours ago, Brenton said:

I actually kind of agree with Aubrey, like why do we really care if that’s what she wants to post?

Usually you cannot just take photos of people who have copyright on these photos and photoshop them out and you in. The fact that she makes money with her instagram and not compensate for the pictures to the individuals that did maybe pay to be photographed there is disrespectful and unrightful.

Her response, I'll just do what I want is dumb as she is taking advantage of others persons spent money to make more of her own. I bet she'd be the first to sue if someone just photoshoped himself into some of her real pictures.

She's the devils advocate for not acknowledging how messed up this and also the fact that building an Image out of fake pictures is.

Kinda bummed out by the fact that JOJO liked the post of her "clarification" as I thought she was one of the people against fake instagram.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
54 minutes ago, pieceofphil said:

Usually you cannot just take photos of people who have copyright on these photos and photoshop them out and you in. The fact that she makes money with her instagram and not compensate for the pictures to the individuals that did maybe pay to be photographed there is disrespectful and unrightful.

Her response, I'll just do what I want is dumb as she is taking advantage of others persons spent money to make more of her own. I bet she'd be the first to sue if someone just photoshoped himself into some of her real pictures.

She's the devils advocate for not acknowledging how messed up this and also the fact that building an Image out of fake pictures is.

Kinda bummed out by the fact that JOJO liked the post of her "clarification" as I thought she was one of the people against fake instagram.

But on the flip side, why is it not as much of a bad thing to make fun of / call out someone on social media? Like I completely get when it’s the likes of someone like Kim K being called out for saying she starved herself, as she has millions of followers, but to start hate against someone like Aubrey for posting clearly photoshopped stock photos is a different level and we should start to think about how calling someone out like that can be just as damaging to someone’s mental health.

7 minutes ago, Brenton said:

But on the flip side, why is it not as much of a bad thing to make fun of / call out someone on social media? Like I completely get when it’s the likes of someone like Kim K being called out for saying she starved herself, as she has millions of followers, but to start hate against someone like Aubrey for posting clearly photoshopped stock photos is a different level and we should start to think about how calling someone out like that can be just as damaging to someone’s mental health.

And how is Aubreys instagram less toxic for mental health?

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

If jealousy is that toxic for you then you need to seek therapy - that ain't normal. 

Then 90% of social media users would have to go to therapy just for that. To deny a problem by saying the problem lies within the one looking at these posts is not the answer.

Also think about young people getting the wrong idea about spending life.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, pieceofphil said:

Then 90% of social media users would have to go to therapy just for that. To deny a problem by saying the problem lies within the one looking at these posts is not the answer.

Also think about young people getting the wrong idea about spending life.

We have to wake up and realize that people on social media are flexing. I am learning that my place in society now is being that rude middle-age person who tells you the truth whether you like it or not. Affirming unhealthy things helps no one and I won't take part in that. 

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, jordeezy said:

We have to wake up and realize that people on social media are flexing. I am learning that my place in society now is being that rude middle-age person who tells you the truth whether you like it or not. Affirming unhealthy things helps no one and I won't take part in that. 

I think it would be fine if she put some kind of disclaimer ‘created for entertainment’ and credited the the original artwork but it seemed like she was trying to act like she was in those  places?

Her reaction to the TikTok girl makes me believe she was salty about getting caught, as that girl only stated the facts and she could just been like ‘yeah I shop all my pics for the sake of ‘art’, I thought you all knew 🤷🏽‍♀️?’ But she went in on her.

IDK it’s all so bizarre but most influencers are probably doing the same tbh 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Brenton said:

I’m not saying it’s less toxic for mental health - but she’s not directly calling out anyone or trying to make any specific person feel bad.

Okay, so a person that had some butchered surgeries to look superficial and curates its Instagram with fake and super photoshopped photos does not spread a way of live that could be dangerous to the viewers of that Instagram?

I beg to differ, for me there should be a display under each post "this post has been photoshopped and does not reflect the real look of persons shown."

It's beyond toxic to live the fake Instagram world and not acknowledge it. If she needs to Photoshop and fake it, then she should also acknowledge it and make it clear to viewers. Especially when it's EVERY damn post.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block