The Official UK Hold Me Closer Success Thread

It's been played on GMB, Lorraine and This Morning here in the UK (all morning/daytime shows on ITV - ironically, the channel which promoted the KFed interview!!!). But great publicity and everyone seems to be loving it!! Rylan loved in - he was the one that was in Britney's Freakshow in London, 2018, for people not that familiar with him!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Deanlondon said:

It's been played on GMB, Lorraine and This Morning here in the UK (all morning/daytime shows on ITV - ironically, the channel which promoted the KFed interview!!!). But great publicity and everyone seems to be loving it!! Rylan loved in - he was the one that was in Britney's Freakshow in London, 2018, for people not that familiar with him!

This is all so good!! Happy to see Rylan supporting it too :) 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, umr3000 said:

Elton John and Britney Spears’ biggest competitor this week is Bebe Rexha and David Guetta who have released their song I’m Good (Blue) which has already gone Tik Tok viral the last few weeks. I’m worried. I really want to see Britney claim another UK number 1 single! 

fun fact: she has a #1 single in three consecutive decades, just like in the us, if this song becomes #1 in the UK/US she'll be the first artist to have a #1 hit in four consecutive decades! 

• Love 8

BBC News just had a segment about Britney and the song. It was longer than I expected tbh. And they'll have been showing it every hour all day which is amazing. They play the video and mention the c-ship and show Brit talking on her IG after winning her freedom. She sounded so articulate and happy :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:  Kween of the UK 

• Love 7

The Guardian newspaper online:

Britney Spears and Elton John: Hold Me Closer review – a star is reborn  (4/5 stars)

Spears’ first recording since 2016 is a reworking of two pop classics but filled with a power and poignancy of its own

on paper, yet another svelte, disco-tinged reworking of an Elton John classic is nothing to get too excited about. Last year the Dua Lipa-assisted Cold Heart fused Rocket Man, Sacrifice, Kiss the Bride and Where’s the Shoorah? Here, it’s Tiny Dancer mixed with The One and a dash of Don’t Go Breaking My Heart. Still, Hold Me Closer skips along nicely, a chunky bassline gliding through the song like a train of sequin-clad revellers at a 70s roller-disco. There are even some jazzy piano flourishes at the end for the Bösendorfer fetishists.

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block