It seems like Britney's new "team" is still old-fashioned when it comes to releasing music

2 minutes ago, IamMax said:

Was it ever OFFICIALLY announced? No. Your thread is pointless. Bye. 

Most of the high-profile media outlets said it was coming on the 19th, so I guess the date really was in the press release. It wasn't just "a Twitter rumor" like many of you claim. Plus Britney literally posted about the song a few days ago which means it was definitely supposed to drop this week. Something must've happened behind the scenes. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Daveee said:

Most of the high-profile media outlets said it was coming on the 19th, so I guess the date really was in the press release. It wasn't just "a Twitter rumor" like many of you claim. 

They never officially announced it. There was no date on the Elton post. Period. If nothing was confirmed by either him or her, it's not confirmed. If you believe on media outlets, that's your fault. 

• Love 8
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, IamMax said:

They never officially announced it. There was no date on the Elton post. Period. If nothing was confirmed by either him or her, it's not confirmed.

It's not like Britney ever properly announced dates for her songs... We always got information from reliable publications, not directly from her socials. Our expectations are understandable.  

Britney usually posts a tweet AFTER something gets released. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Daveee said:

Because it feels like neither Britney nor her new team actually understand how everything works in the streaming era. It doesn't matter if a song gets released near another "huge" release by a more popular artist. If the music is good, it'll pick up on its own at this day and age.

By postponing the single release, they only make the fans go furious and waste the general public's attention which fades away very quickly. The hype is already gone I fear. 

I don't think so. Britney can build hype in minute once and again. If she shares a teaser, there you'll have it. I have a feeling an announcement+teaser is coming soon.

• Like 1
Just now, Daveee said:

It's Elton AND Britney. She's not just a feature, so I believe both teams have a say when to release it. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Not when only one record label is involved. RCA will surely get their share for allowing Britney to be part of this collab, but all marketing strategy is on Universal music side. That is why BritneySpears.com has not been updated with the link to pre-save the song. I believe the song will only be promoted on B's instagram page :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, Daveee said:

Because it feels like neither Britney nor her new team actually understand how everything works in the streaming era. It doesn't matter if a song gets released near another "huge" release by a more popular artist. If the music is good, it'll pick up on its own at this day and age.

By postponing the single release, they only make the fans go furious and waste the general public's attention which fades away very quickly. The hype is already gone I fear. 

We don't even know if the reason it was delayed was because of Blackpink releasing though, you are just assuming that. We don't even know if the song was actually delayed and if it was ever actually supposed to come out on the 19th, you're just believing unconfirmed rumours and then fans always act annoyed when those rumours don't turn out to be true.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block