Does Britney Spears Exist?

In this day and age of pop music, does Britney Spears still exit? Has the world moved on from the kind of pop sensation she once was. We all know that once an artist takes a long *** hiatus ala Shania Twain (13 years) their status becomes obsolete. 

Can Britney ever make a return? Can she outsell her Oops I Did It Again album? 

Prove a ***** wrong and tell me in the comments section how deceived I am. 

Britney Spears will be honored with the prestigious Millennium Award at this year’s Billboard Music Awards. Spears is also slated to perform a medley of her chart-toppers during the awards show. Past recipients of the Millennium Award include fellow chart toppers and record breakers Beyoncé (2011) and Whitney Houston (2012).

The Billboard Millennium Award honors artists with exceptional achievements and influence in the music industry. Spears began her career with her hit “…Baby One More Time,” which eventually went 14 times platinum in the U.S. alone and blazed a path for 23 future Top 40 singles. In the U.S. alone, she’s reportedly sold over 70 million albums, singles and songs, cementing her legacy as a pop icon.

12).

Even tho she doesn't have the hype she used to have (of c) thanks to tik tok and all those platforms the new generations know who she is cuzof those trending things (like toxic remix, gimme more, gimme more vs step on this de ariana grande, the oops i did it again trend) and so on... so yes, I think she still exists... not to mention the controversy and the documentals about her life on netflix and those platforms that a general public consume.

Britney Spears Yes GIF

Of course she’ll still have her place. She’s an icon.

Shania took a 13 year break between albums and came back with a completely different sound that was out of touch with what her fans, and the GP wanted from her. Britney has regularly been putting out quality (except BJ), so despite the break since Glory, it’s not the same situation. 

7 hours ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

Britney Spears will always be famous. Her celebrity status is simply unparalleled. She is the primitive Y2K queen, a pop culture zeitgeist at the dawn of the new millennium and has already outlasted almost all of the main pop girls that debuted around her time and even after in terms of relevancy. You have people of all generations loving and praising her legacy, art, impact and influence in fashion, pop culture and pop music. If anything, her legal battle has maintained her public interest and practically everything she does is still considered headline news. 

She obviously won’t pull late 90s or early 2000s numbers and quite frankly, no one is or will but if or once she’s ready to make music, the public will be interested and I’m confident she will be successful as long as the music is solid. When all is said and done, she will be considered one of, if not the biggest female celebrity of the 21st century.

Drag Race Agree GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.