Does Britney Spears Exist?

Big difference though.  Shania Twain literally went off the grid due to her Lyme Disease diagnosis and recovery.

Britney has had more media exposure since her hiatus than she did during her last two eras.  Also, Shania didn’t have IG or social media to interact with fans when she was out of the spotlight, Britney does and she has over 40 million followers.  Britney is one of the biggest pop artists of all time and while she is retired, if she chose to come back, she is business savvy enough to market her new stuff so that she continues to succeed.

Also, Shania is still incredible, just saw her Vegas show last month and it was damn near sold out.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, agustinmalandra said:

thanks to tik tok and all those platforms the new generations know who she is cuzof those trending things (like toxic remix, gimme more, gimme more vs step on this de ariana grande, the oops i did it again trend) 

That's not why they know her lol, they knew her before that. There's plenty of videos on youtube where the kids/teenagers react to Britney's MVs and they all know who she is, they probably don't know all her hits ofc, but they do know her. Quite the opposite happens to a lot of her peers, sadly, but Britney is pretty much the face of 00s pop music. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I think Britney has solidified her spot in history, from her performances to her music, her beauty and kindness and sadly with the conservatorship fiasco. I really can’t think of a more famous person than her and that’s as well received as her. Like I feel like she is the only huge name that the public hasn’t been able to actually cancel for something. She’s royalty compared to these new artists. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, RreestriReegliReedi13 said:

Make Me video has got 71 million views

even this is kinda a positive indicator that her more recent video has more than some of the more has beens as you like to call it

It's not even at 100 million yet? It's been 6 years ffs. :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Britney's name still commands a lot of hype and even Gen Z knows who she is, but if you're asking about chart success in a new era then there's no way her comeback will be anywhere near her peak in terms of sales. But she'll still do better than Xtina so that's a win right there. :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

2 hours ago, Stefani said:

Britney's name still commands a lot of hype and even Gen Z knows who she is, but if you're asking about chart success in a new era then there's no way her comeback will be anywhere near her peak in terms of sales. But she'll still do better than Xtina so that's a win right there. :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

But you’re comparing an era where she had no passion/interest in what she was doing. She was being forced to perform and forced to create music and videos and that’s why she was no where near her peak. She may never reach her peak numbers, but if she was passionate and committed, she could become relevant again the way Madonna was during her Hung Up era. Or if she was very personal with her music and put the type of effort Beyoncé did with her visual album, she could have her Lemonade era. 

the fact Britney was one of the most searched/talked about celebrities in 2021 (even more so than Beyoncé) shows there’s mainstream interest. Beyoncé is still widely considered relevant and a trendsetter in culture and music, so with Britney it all depends on quality. And creating visuals that are culture shifting. 

If Britney created a documentary about her return to music, to go along with her tell-all book, and had music with a powerful message about freedom and visuals of her newfound power, she could become relevant again. And she probably wouldn’t even have to do any interviews tbh. Let the book and music speak for itself. 

this is if, and only if, she wants to come back. 

• Love 3

It’s really whatever she wants to do… Britney can never put out a new song for the next 10 years and tour her classics… and sell out…

britney spears couple GIF

As far as music… Britney has so much general attention around her and tik tok (the next main generation) has really drawn to her story… the lead single can be typical Britney style super produced etc and do well… I think we are not realizing her power…she has so much attention on her life… like with Womanizer… It was an epic song but It really shot up because of her “comeback”… they tried to use Glory as a “come back” but her life was super controlled then so maybe not to us fans but less interesting to genealogy public… but she like one of not the most search celebrity in the world… even if it does well week one and falls done the charts week two… the WORLD will be checking  in to hate on it love it etc… 

200.gif?cid=31ad6aa76zd8zywzwl9ingsuapsp

britney spears GIF by Billboard Music Awards

But for Britney to have crazy success like Emancipation  of Mimi…we need to see her either at the level of in the zone performance wise or like the BBMA… Or the new music has to be super artistic and left field album… if we get another make me…People will not really support her ala Madge or Janet.. because that style is not really what the kids want..

Doja Cat GIF by iHeartRadio

Doja has done a great job elevating and making this style of song and dance current… like if Britney sang “Woman” it be #1…

Music Video Britney GIF

I think a left field album will really help Britney the artist.. Britney, In the Zone & Blackout we’re doing that for Britney the ARTIST.. not just a pop star.. Britney’s songs like Slave, Toxic Gimme More really shaped the sound of pop music.. of course Britney’s other albums are great.. (super fan no hate) but they aren’t personal or super involved by Britney post blackout and pre Britney… Femme Fatale was coined for introducing dubstep..but the real B army knows songs like Toy Solider and Freak show actually already did that… Hold it against me just went number 1 so it got the credit...I think circus is a classic pop album but it is not a cohesive project it sounds like random song were thrown together.…

britney spears GIF

lastly I think that she should actually do a remix project… Not only will it be super cool to hear new takes on classics… but she’s already had some success with toxic pony and she didn’t even have to record it.. I also think Britney re-cording her classics will also help give her back mental control of those songs.. I’m sure she has so many bad memories with them… even tho they are bangers… the project should focus on some of her biggest hits and deep cuts that she loves or wished were singles Ala alien etc… I don’t think it would break records but it would def be a way to show general public and locals actually how diverse Britney voice is and how talented she is as a Singer..

Magic Drowning GIF by Taylor Swift

I know Taylor did the re-releases… and the general public really responded well with this…

Madonna Reaction GIF

Madge has made 4567 Frozen remix’s and music videos and had tk tok success…

kate bush dance GIF

Or hell how random was the Kate bush success? people are getting successful re-introducing their tracks in a different way…I think the BOMT she did On Ig reminded me of evanescence track super Rock vocals… we could be getting a true rock Britney less auto tune and more grit in her vocals I really think it would do well on the charts…

Britney Spears Yes GIF

I really think Britney could start with a remix project and then find a sound again that she wants to do not “producers telling her what’s hot” and this would blow up on tik tok and also give her some creative inspiration.. what does she say “dare to suck”.. 

Jimmy Fallon Britney GIF

Again only if she wants too!! Who knows Britney could really just be timing this all for her book and drop some crazy Blackout 2.0… like let’s all be real we’re any of expecting to hear “It’s Britney *****” in 2007? I think she has a few more tricks up her sleeve! 

• Love 3

Seeing how she was in the back of a random car on the freeway other day I’d suggest she’s real 

as for her pop upbringing I think she can venture into new and probably some very record breaking new sounds 

that pop music wasn’t just pop music they were statements and in my opinion she invented pop so did **NSYNC ironically with their POP! Sound (song)

People call it cheesy or this and that and the third but look what’s out there right now … I find myself just wanting to hear something amazing either it’s pop or rock I just want to be wowed not only by the sound but the vocals that all 

there’s just something about Britney that makes her Unique about most of what she’s already done that anyone else did I would yawn every song she’s actually written has always been above most chosen songs it means a lot more when you know the artist themselves composed it entirely 

that’s why you can connect easier and I’ve always loved her writing credit songs 

her impact in music and pop culture is only comparable to michael jackson's, madonna's or prince's. 

she's a living legend and doesn't need to outsell anyone because she already did, multiple times.

with this being said, would she be successful if she released music now? i don't know. it really depends on what kind of music she makes and how she promotes it. but i couldn't care less, tbh. i would be happy and grateful just to hear new music from her again. 

• Love 1

The question "will she outsell Oops?" is a trick question. Of course not, that's practically impossible in this day and age and it also doesn't matter. She's been relevant and a pop culture icon for many years without needing to outsell herself, and for better or worse her fame has always trascended music.

Also the "will she outsell herself" question is one that has been asked since the beginning of her career to doubt her and her relevance so yeah, I guess if you're asking that it means Britney Spears still exists.

19 hours ago, Stefani said:

i don't really keep stats but i bet you there are once A-listers who released their first single video exactly on 2016 and have loads of less views (maybe even likes of Gwen Stefani etc)

She’s always gonna be an icon but she won’t ever be on the current pop girl level. Sadly the industry really only pushes young acts unless the music is undeniable, and I don’t think she wants or needs to put as much effort. Also her sales aren’t on the same level as the newer acts so the better songs will go to artists who return profit

• 1 month later...
On 7/18/2022 at 6:58 AM, HIM said:

In this day and age of pop music, does Britney Spears still exit? Has the world moved on from the kind of pop sensation she once was. We all know that once an artist takes a long *** hiatus ala Shania Twain (13 years) their status becomes obsolete. 

Can Britney ever make a return? Can she outsell her Oops I Did It Again album? 

Prove a ***** wrong and tell me in the comments section how deceived I am. 

lets see hot 100 billboard tomorrow babe !

HOLD ME CLOSER !

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block