Lynne Spears comments on Britney's post: "You were the first baby girl"

15 hours ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

This makes me sad. They all seriously need some collective family counseling and work out their differences. Britney is obviously still hurting and wants to be heard. She’s reached unprecedented heights and was fed lies that has likely made her feel more distant over the years. At this point, it seems like none of them can properly communicate with eachother outside of court proceedings and social media posts. I mean this is someone who ever only spoke so highly of her family, particularly her mom and sister in almost every other interview during the 90s and early 2000s. Idk, this whole situation makes me sad and I really hope there comes a day where all of them can accept their differences, forgive and rekindle what they have left. Call me a wishful thinker but this is truly how I feel. Especially because I’ve had a very rough patch with my own family over the last 5-7 years. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad: Fame is such a ***** and can really tear a family apart, especially in the case where it feels like you aren’t heard or seen.

I've thought this too!

I think it's easy to look at Lynne and just see a self absorbed, greedy stage mom, but if you take a moment to step back you'd see that there is obviously so much more to the situation.

We don't know the dynamics of their relationship but it's obvious that there has always been some deep rooted issue there well BEFORE the conservatorship. We've seen this. Remember when Britney grew estranged from her mom in 2007? Clearly there's been resentment there, for some reason. 

To me, Lynne comes across as a naive woman who doesn't understand how to navigate through the industry that Britney is in and as a result has made some poor decisions and likely allowed herself to be misled on things herself. This is the same woman who Britney would scold for letting fans into their childhood home for tea. That doesn't scream greedy to me, that screams naive and gullible. Lynne has even admitted that for the first few years of Britney's career, nobody knew what they were doing. They were just a bunch of country people trying to keep up.

This will come across wrong but to me, Britney's family is one that just wasn't made for this industry. They don't know how to navigate through these complexities (including Britney herself) and they are likely so deep rooted in their southern small-town mentality that they probably miss a few steps every now and then. If you think about it, they were thrust into this world without preparation and have had to adjust. We're always so quick to excuse Britney and say "she was just a small town girl who had to grow up in this industry and figure it out" but why don't we extend that same understanding to her family.

Now am I saying what her dad did was right? Absolutely not, but again, we treat her family like the Jackson family who literally created their own business model. You wanna talk about extortion, abuse, greed and toxicity, look at the Jackson family.

Anyway, it's clear that Britney's family up to a point was extremely supportive. Not saying it excuses some of their behavior but if you think holistically, this is the same family that despite not having anything, they spent their time and what little money they had to let Britney pursue her dreams and help make it happen for her. That must mean something right?

Like you said, I hope Britney and her family can all heal and repair the relationship that was once strong.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

This makes me sad. They all seriously need some collective family counseling and work out their differences. Britney is obviously still hurting and wants to be heard. She’s reached unprecedented heights and was fed lies that has likely made her feel more distant over the years. At this point, it seems like none of them can properly communicate with eachother outside of court proceedings and social media posts. I mean this is someone who ever only spoke so highly of her family, particularly her mom and sister in almost every other interview during the 90s and early 2000s. Idk, this whole situation makes me sad and I really hope there comes a day where all of them can accept their differences, forgive and rekindle what they have left. Call me a wishful thinker but this is truly how I feel. Especially because I’ve had a very rough patch with my own family over the last 5-7 years. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad: Fame is such a ***** and can really tear a family apart, especially in the case where it feels like you aren’t heard or seen.

I agree. It is sad. I think this complexity is something that old school fans really understand. She was soooooo close to her family, at least it seemed that way, especially her Mom and sister and always spoke highly of them in her earlier interviews. I even think its part of what gave her a bit of the true girl next door feel, and made her feel like we were so connected to her. She wasn't distant.

• Love 2
On 7/15/2022 at 2:46 AM, easy said:

a lot of you have never dealt with a narcissistic family member before and it shows. there is no chance for reunion for the spears family. it sounds sad, but for britney it's not. it's her life and her freedom and her happiness. she will NEVER experience those things as long as she associates herself with her family. this is FACT

the only way for britney to grow is to never speak with them again. she was their supply (i don't mean just monetarily) and only she can cut them off. 

they will put on the face of a "good" mother who is "supporting" her daughter and wants the "family" to heal, but it is a lie. lynne wants to be seen as those things, she doesn't truly want them nor does she know how to be those things. if she did she would leave britney alone and allow britney to heal and THEN come to her if britney chooses. but this will not happen, ever. because britney isn't dealing with a normal family dynamic. her family is full of narcissists, and the only way to win against a narcissist is to cut them off completely

THANK YOU!!
As someone who's living with a narcisstic mother and an useless father it's HELL. No one believes me when I talk about the abuse I went through and still am going through because for everyone else my mother is a harmless little angel. Narcissists will never change because a change starts with yourself. You have to see the problem, understand and accept it and then work towards how to solve it. For them, everyone else is the problem. They will make you feel WORTHLESS (Britney said this herself how often she felt worse than TRASH... and it's because of THEM!!) and it won't get better until you cut them off your life. 

The emptiness I have in my heart because of their abuse is something I'll have to deal my entire life. I don't wish it on anyone.

Britney should never ever talk to them again and hopefully they will pay for all the abuse they caused her. I can only pray that Jamie & Lynne will live long enugh to rot in hell.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

It’s Britney’s choice if she wants to forgive them or not. 
My own personal view on “family” is that you always have two types of families. The one you belong to by blood, and the one that consists of people you chose to be part of your family, meaning partners or friends. The way I have always seen it, true family has your back. They love you, they are there for you and they fight for you. Family is family because they care. Just because someone is related to you by blood doesn’t make them family. Not the kind of family that matters in life. 

It’s Britney’s choice whether she wants to forgive or not. That’s something no one should meddle with.

I’ve always hated the idea that you HAVE to forgive family just because they’re family, no matter how horrible the things they’ve done to you are. To me that’s just sick. Sometimes there is no saving and sometimes that’s a good thing. Every person should have the right to choose and shouldn’t be shamed if they decide that there is no forgiving. Forgiveness doesn’t equal healing. Sometimes healing even means acknowledging that you won’t or can’t forgive. 

And just to remind people. The Spears family has a decades long history of abuse. Britney’s aunt (if I remember correctly) went through hell too. And so did Lynne, really. Only she turned into an abuser too. This family is cursed. 

• Love 1
On 7/14/2022 at 6:53 PM, devilsadvocate said:

No one really knows what happened behind the scenes. Britney’s family could have had good intentions and/or were persuaded by people in the industry to intervene. Imagine if you were Britney’s family at that time … 

The conservatorship lasted for 14 years.

• Like 1
On 7/15/2022 at 12:48 AM, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

i hope she leaves all of them in the dirt and moves on with her life. just because there's blood involved, so what? those monsters (even if at times there were good intentions) ruined her. that family was gone the moment she left her 12 sth year old daughter alone in NY to make money and provide for them.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, OneTrackMind said:

@GODNA IS A QUEEN what are you laughing at? You think it's funny to live with narcissistic *********? 

You don’t know Lynne, Britney nor her family. Stop putting words into other people’s mouths. See, this is the problem with stan culture. Some of you try so hard to pretend like you know everything about who you stan and that your opinion is the holiest of grails. I also hate to see the term ‘Narcissist’ being wrongfully overused like this.  I’m sorry you had to endure what you had to endure but STOP relating your OWN situations to Britney and labeling others when you DO 👏NOT  👏KNOW 👏THEM 👏.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.