19 years ago today, Michelle Branch released her second studio album, 'Hotel Paper'. What do you remember?

35 minutes ago, Papa Don't Preach said:

This album was a hit, I don't understand why it took her so long to release more material after. She had so much more to offer. 

23 hours ago, rennen2.0 said:

Where is @Rik to give us the Michelle Branch low-down? 

https://m.soundcloud.com/user-758091561-257607650/michelle-branch-now-that-i-found-you
Here is an unreleased track from Hotel Paper that I got 9 years ago 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

I remember being in a yahoo messenger Karaoke chatroom and some girl came on the microphone and sang  acapella "Are you happy now" . She made it sound so soulful and vocally epic... then I listened to Michelle Branchs' song and i loved it too.:mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

I also use to troll an Avril Lavigne fan forum as a Michelle Branch 'stan', to create a fan war between the two groups. One of the Avril fans said that Michelle doesn't even like her own fans and posted a link Michelles official fan page where she posted a message trashing her owns fans. She wrote a whole essay talking about how her fans are ungrateful and said that she wish she was never famous because of them. lol After that, I decided to stop my trolling.:wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

• Haha 1
On 6/25/2022 at 10:29 AM, Papa Don't Preach said:

This album was a hit, I don't understand why it took her so long to release more material after. She had so much more to offer. 

She did The Wreckers after this album and then they broke up after one album and she tried to go solo in the Country world. Ultimately she recorded about 3 1/2 albums that her label refused to release because there wasn’t a “hit” on them. Everything Comes and Goes got released as an EP while she was recording new songs for second version of a country album  called Different Kind of Country. Eventually she gave up on Country and went back to making pop music but her brand of pop wasn’t popular at the time so West Coast Time got scrapped too. Eventually she met Patric Carney from Black Keys and he got her back into making music. She released Hopeless Romantic in 17 and The Trouble With Fever is supposed to be released this year.

10 hours ago, cubasterd said:

I remember being in a yahoo messenger Karaoke chatroom and some girl came on the microphone and sang  acapella "Are you happy now" . She made it sound so soulful and vocally epic... then I listened to Michelle Branchs' song and i loved it too.:mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

I also use to troll an Avril Lavigne fan forum as a Michelle Branch 'stan', to create a fan war between the two groups. One of the Avril fans said that Michelle doesn't even like her own fans and posted a link Michelles official fan page where she posted a message trashing her owns fans. She wrote a whole essay talking about how her fans are ungrateful and said that she wish she was never famous because of them. lol After that, I decided to stop my trolling.:wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

Lmao I remember when she did that. But honesty I totally understand now. Im pretty sure it had something to do with her pregnancy during her second tour

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block