Quicksand NEEDS to be on streaming services.

• 2 weeks later...

I love Quicksand and I like hearing GaGa's background vocals, but I've said it before and I'll say it again, the line "Baby, of all the guys, you were my favorite" makes her sound a bit of a ho.e. Like Britney, how many guys were you dating at the same time??? :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I genuinely can’t unhear Gaga in this song. It’s almost distracting. It sounds like a duet. As a matter of fact, it *should* be a duet. Maybe because Gaga is such a distinct voice and she hadn’t quite made her debut at the time of the recording, but this song should’ve been a duet with Gaga being a credited singer.

It makes me wonder how the actual final master of Telephone sounds. I imagine it’s very similar to this, where you can distinctly hear Gaga in the backing vocals. As a matter of fact, if you really listen closely you can hear Gaga singing “I left my head and my heart on the dance floor” in Britney’s demo. She’s doing *THAT* distinctive Gaga voice. 

Going off on a tangent, that’s why I remastered Telephone the way I did in my flop thread. I have a feeling the vocals on the final mix of Telephone are similar to that of Quicksand. And I just find Quicksand a bit boring vocal production-wise. I wish Britney did more takes and fleshed out her vocals a bit more rather than having Gaga do the rest of the backing vocals. It literally sounds like Britney did one take and Gaga did the rest, which is what makes Gaga so distracting to me IMO

But that’s just my take on the song 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

• Love 2

Below are the tracks I can’t find on streaming. Thankfully The Singles Collection and ITZ DVD audio can be streamed, which contain: I’m So Curious, Heart, Walk On By, Intimidated, The Answer & Don't Hang Up. But I’d still be nice to have the “album” version of some of these.

Missing:

Oops

You Got It All

Girl in the mirror 

In the Zone DVD

Girls and Boys

Chaotic EP

Over to you now

Blackout

Outta this world

Circus

Rock Boy

Quicksand

Trouble

Amnesia

Femme Fatale

Scary

No idea how to get these on streaming. But Britney/Vicky/Sam/Rosengod if you’re reading it’d be greatly appreciated :jumpney_britney_green_excited_yay:

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Frankie8 said:

I love Quicksand and I like hearing GaGa's background vocals, but I've said it before and I'll say it again, the line "Baby, of all the guys, you were my favorite" makes her sound a bit of a ho.e. Like Britney, how many guys were you dating at the same time??? :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

Not at all... its actually a very relatable lyric

Its not even dirty its a factual statement.. whoever she singing about was her favourite.. gives the song actual depth 

• Love 1
  • Like 3
4 hours ago, Frankie8 said:

Ikr that line ruins the song for me, it suits Gaga more than Britney.

Also sound-wise Quicksand is too similar to Gaga's No Way, both are trash :brityes_britney_yes_nodding:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block