Ed Sheeran's concise YT video on copyright lawsuits in the music industry

bitbitboi

12 hours ago, Jsken said:

This was fascinating thank you for sharing 

You're welcome! And it was!! That guy did a great job with his analysis and how he showed it in the video, and I didn't know there were so many concepts and aspects to take into account... Also, the importance of knowing about music to be able to have a valid say on this... Or to make or refute claims even.

"Thinking Out Loud" is an obvious rips off Marvin Gayes "Lets get it on"  just like "Perfect" clearly rips off "Unchained Melody" from the Righteous Brothers. 

I'm not familiar with the lawsuit involving "Shape of You" but ED has stolen from past musicians and has been rightfully sued for doing so.

On 4/17/2022 at 7:24 PM, maki93 said:

Some comments on here show how bitter some Exhale members are cause people like Ed and Taylor are famous, successful, talented, and ionic  :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:.

I am not a big fan of Ed, but I do acknowledge that he is succeful because he is talented, thus his 200 million dollar net-worth. That does not make him less of a father, a son, a brother, or whatever else he wants to be. It is not petty, it is facts. Plus the similarities between Ed's song and the other song is not that solid. 

On the other hand, we have Dua Lipa (who I am a very big fan off), literally copy pasted Levitating from another song. Like plain plagiarism :snarky_katy_merry_go_round_smile_proud_spinning: . But because we like her, she gets the "Exhale" pass that Ed and Taylor do not get. Double Standards Much :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no: ?

Dua Lipa didn’t write her song and several people have been calling her out. Need some CPR cause you’re constantly drowning in Taylor Kool-aid :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

2 minutes ago, maki93 said:

Sure :snarky_katy_merry_go_round_smile_proud_spinning:

But OP is correct, Levitating was not written or produced by her she was given the idea of the song and she made it hers it's not far fetched to think she didn't even knew that the song is a copy producers and her team is to blame for for not giving them sampling money. 

The OG levitating also didn't knew it would become such big of a hit so now they are making their move, which makes sense it would give them a lot of money in settlement while Dua won't suffer because of it.

Think if it as Baby one more time of Max and Britney! Britney didn't write the song nor produced if Baby was a copy it would've been on Max and not Britney. 

Musicians tend to listen to a lot of music in general, copying is okay not giving them money for it isn't. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Avenger said:

But OP is correct, Levitating was not written or produced by her she was given the idea of the song and she made it hers it's not far fetched to think she didn't even knew that the song is a copy producers and her team is to blame for for not giving them sampling money. 

The OG levitating also didn't knew it would become such big of a hit so now they are making their move, which makes sense it would give them a lot of money in settlement while Dua won't suffer because of it.

Think if it as Baby one more time of Max and Britney! Britney didn't write the song nor produced if Baby was a copy it would've been on Max and not Britney. 

Musicians tend to listen to a lot of music in general, copying is okay not giving them money for it isn't. 

That's not my point. Didn't a similar thing happened with Hold It against Me as well? My point is that we give "Exhale" passes to who we like, and bash others for similar events.

Ed and Taylor literally wrote all their songs, of-course some similarities are bound to happen (though, technically, there is yet to be any!). Why do we need to bash them and diminish their success and ask them to deal wit their business in private and move on when there are people out there who are doing fake accusations? At the same time, in Dual Lipa's case - which is NOT a fake accusation - it is okay to provide support?

Its just double standards :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no:

Note that I love Dua and I was disappointed I missed her concert when she came to Nashville, I'm just calling out how Exhale members distribute their gold chocolate bars :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

Drag Race Shimmy GIF by Emmys

6 minutes ago, maki93 said:

That's not my point. Didn't a similar thing happened with Hold It against Me as well? My point is that we give "Exhale" passes to who we like, and bash others for similar events.

Ed and Taylor literally wrote all their songs, of-course some similarities are bound to happen (though, technically, there is yet to be any!). Why do we need to bash them and diminish their success and ask them to deal wit their business in private and move on when there are people out there who are doing fake accusations? At the same time, in Dual Lipa's case - which is NOT a fake accusation - it is okay to provide support?

Its just double standards :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no:

Note that I love Dua and I was disappointed I missed her concert when she came to Nashville, I'm just calling out how Exhale members distribute their gold chocolate bars :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

Drag Race Shimmy GIF by Emmys

I am not here to talk about Exhale behaviour, my point still stands behind this Dua thing she is not one to blame it's a very plain logic and Dua isn't screaming on twitter how she isn't the one to blame. Her team must already be handling it. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block