Ed Sheeran's concise YT video on copyright lawsuits in the music industry

bitbitboi

Ed Sheeran just won the copyright case over the 2017 hit ‘Shape of You’, so he released this video statement:

I think this was appropriate and well done. You can tell that he really loves music and is hardworking and creative. We'll always have ill intentioned people, but I don't think he's one of them, and the amount of lawsuits of this kind over the last few years have been insane, in most cases they do look like a money grab.

HERE you can read more about it.

What do you guys think?

• Love 1
14 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I had to laugh when he said “I’m not a corporation. I’m a human. I’m a father” yeah you’re also fortunate enough to have $200 million to your name. Not saying these baseless claims are right and he does make a point. However, just post your video and go before trying to gain sympathy about not being a business :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod:

That's exactly his point, people make all these claims because he has so much money.

39 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

That's exactly his point, people make all these claims because he has so much money.

Just like people suing Amazon. My point is he was trying to make it seem like he’s looking for pity because he’s not a business. He’s a wealthy man that doesn’t realize looking for pity in these circumstances looks kinda pathetic. Just battle your battles in private and move on

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Just like people suing Amazon. My point is he was trying to make it seem like he’s looking for pity because he’s not a business. He’s a wealthy man that doesn’t realize looking for pity in these circumstances looks kinda pathetic. Just battle your battles in private and move on

Well he is best mates with Taylor Swift, the queen of seeking pity and revenge. Her airing out her grievances seems to have worked out for her. I guess he’s just taking a play out of her book. :taylor_swift_evil_smile:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Like 3
7 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

Well he is best mates with Taylor Swift, the queen of seeking pity and revenge. Her airing out her grievances seems to have worked out for her. I guess he’s just taking a play out of her book. :taylor_swift_evil_smile:

I find them both extremely toxic and narcissistic.

These millionaires looking for pity and sympathy will always be so disgusting and tone deaf to me.

Real Karen level type of shyt.

• Love 5
  • Like 4
23 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

That's fair...

• Like 1
On 4/16/2022 at 12:54 PM, Britney'sBish said:

I find them both extremely toxic and narcissistic.

These millionaires looking for pity and sympathy will always be so disgusting and tone deaf to me.

Real Karen level type of shyt.

Totally. I have to say, my biggest beef with Taylor is how, in my opinion, she switches personas, from pseudo LGBT ambassador and feminist to egocentric narcissist. When she made Nicki Minaj issues with lack of black recognition about her, that spoke volumes about her. And I am not a Nicky fan. I have tried to like Taylor, but man she doesn't help.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Some comments on here show how bitter some Exhale members are cause people like Ed and Taylor are famous, successful, talented, and ionic  :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:.

I am not a big fan of Ed, but I do acknowledge that he is succeful because he is talented, thus his 200 million dollar net-worth. That does not make him less of a father, a son, a brother, or whatever else he wants to be. It is not petty, it is facts. Plus the similarities between Ed's song and the other song is not that solid. 

On the other hand, we have Dua Lipa (who I am a very big fan off), literally copy pasted Levitating from another song. Like plain plagiarism :snarky_katy_merry_go_round_smile_proud_spinning: . But because we like her, she gets the "Exhale" pass that Ed and Taylor do not get. Double Standards Much :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no: ?

• Like 8

I dont know much of this case but I agree with him. Some of the recent lawsuits are just cash grab. It's getting out of hand tbh. For example, taylor and shake it off... You know they are suing them because it's a popular song and that means a lot of royalties.  It doesnt matter if they are rich or not, some of the lawsuits are baseless.

The part "i am a father bla bla bla" was cringy tho lol

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block