Britney and Xtina. A thread.

I watched this video on YouTube of all the times Britney and Christina talked about each other

I have loved Britney since Baby came out in 98. I became a Xtina fan during the Stripped era :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

It's clear they have a history and friendship together. Even in 2012, Britney said that Xtina was a good friend... but in recent years I believe something definitely happened between them. It's kind of crazy how quick we all forgot about the Happy Birthday Faustos fiasco and Britney calling out Christina last year. :wow_surprised_shocked_omg:

I really would like to know the tea between Britney and Legend X. I'm sorry. But they have a history. 

Even in that video during certain times you could see the clear love they had for each other. What happened? :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

britney spears television GIF by RealityTVGIFs

E5AqXVKWYAIgyaA.jpg

Do you think Britney will spill the tea in her tell-all book? :nopingout_meme:

Discuss 

• Love 4

I love some of her music but Xtina seemed so petty as a person back then, you can just tell how bitter she was about everything,  i feel like worked on herself since then and seems way more humble now, but it seems like deep down there's still some kind of trauma because of the rivalry :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

I mean, it's not really Xtina's fault, producers and industry people around them always tried to make both of them compete against each others, comparing them, just imagine the pressure , it must be really weird for young girls to go through that , i feel like it is mental abuse to put young girls in this industry

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, Void said:

I love some of her music but Xtina seemed so petty as a person back then, you can just tell how bitter she was about everything,  i feel like worked on herself since then and seems way more humble now, but it seems like deep down there's still some kind of trauma because of the rivalry :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

I mean, it's not really Xtina's fault, producers and industry people around them always tried to make both of them compete against each others, comparing them, just imagine the pressure , it must be really weird for young girls to go through that , i feel like it is mental abuse to put young girls in this industry

Most definitely.  That was Hella toxic pitting two Pop divas against each other. 

3 minutes ago, Jaime Jean said:

I never understood why they were even pitted against each other, they were and are very different artists (and I love them both) :rlynow_britney_really_clasped_um_ok_seriously::chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

Me too! Yes they are different musically but they have some similarities lifestyle wise. Both moms, both had residencies in Vegas, both are big Pop names, both have went thru their "I'm a mom" era, I could go on and on. 

I love them both sooooo much and I honestly hope they reunite.

• Love 2

There's always been this weird "There can be only one" aspect to women in the music industry. It may have started with them, but it certainly continued. Nicki Minaj and any other black female rapper for a time. I think Cardi broke that trend though and it's gotten better. But it's like they had to be rivals and couldn't be friends. Meanwhile, Jessica got to lean on Beyonce and Destiny's Child in her early days with Columbia.

Britney being the bigger of the two did allow Christina to get away with stuff she couldn't even think of doing though. That's just an observation of the worlds they lived in early on though. No one bat an eye at Dirrty. Britney had to be going "from the Mickey Mouse Club to the strip club" with her Oops VMA performance.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
47 minutes ago, DonMegaX said:

There's always been this weird "There can be only one" aspect to women in the music industry. It may have started with them, but it certainly continued. Nicki Minaj and any other black female rapper for a time. I think Cardi broke that trend though and it's gotten better. But it's like they had to be rivals and couldn't be friends. Meanwhile, Jessica got to lean on Beyonce and Destiny's Child in her early days with Columbia.

Britney being the bigger of the two did allow Christina to get away with stuff she couldn't even think of doing though. That's just an observation of the worlds they lived in early on though. No one bat an eye at Dirrty. Britney had to be going "from the Mickey Mouse Club to the strip club" with her Oops VMA performance.

No one bat at an eye at Dirrty? Dirrty was HUGE overseas! Bigger than "Slave for you" actually 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
56 minutes ago, DonMegaX said:

This industry is big enough for all Pop divas! 

18 minutes ago, OutofKontrol said:

No one bat at an eye at Dirrty? Dirrty was HUGE overseas! Bigger than "Slave for you" actually 

The next sentence provides the context. It wasn't a commentary on this the sing was received, but the lack of controversy she received for wearing chaps, compared trip Britney in a nude outfit.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, DoubleJayTawndre said:

GP always praised Britney's nudity, Xtina was painted a 'sl*t' :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

Yeah, in a parallel world... :surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay:

Britney was "shocking" the world for literally just showing her belly. Where and when did people exactly praise her nudity? (The pervs don't count) She was shamed like no other female artist because the media and GP had an obsession with her being a virgin, untouchable and saint little angel for some odd reason. 

• Love 3
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block