The Ashley Tisdale Appreciation Thread

Thanks to her (Oscar winner :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:) role of Sharpay Evans in HSM and of Maddie Fitzpatrick (she was my crush :miley_cyrus_stare_meme:) I was so excited for her music career! I felt like such a baddie listening to "Headstrong" hahaha I love that era sm! I was mad when Disney kinda shaded her set in the HSM Concert just because she was Warner and thank God for that move! And thank God Disney didn't cut ties with her for doing that.

I think "Crank it Up" is the most Britney-esque I saw her. Weird because with that album she went dark and rock-ish but went back to being blonde :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare:

• Love 8
1 hour ago, stanLOONA said:

Thanks to her (Oscar winner :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:) role of Sharpay Evans in HSM and of Maddie Fitzpatrick (she was my crush :miley_cyrus_stare_meme:) I was so excited for her music career! I felt like such a baddie listening to "Headstrong" hahaha I love that era sm! I was mad when Disney kinda shaded her set in the HSM Concert just because she was Warner and thank God for that move! And thank God Disney didn't cut ties with her for doing that.

I think "Crank it Up" is the most Britney-esque I saw her. Weird because with that album she went dark and rock-ish but went back to being blonde :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare:

Disney would only sign Ashley if Vanessa didn’t want a record deal. They also offered Zac one, but he turned it down and so they offered Corbin a deal. They said they didn’t want to have competing artists on the same label, so they would only sign one girl and one boy from the HSM franchise. That’s why Ash went to Warner.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, blackingouthenegativity said:

Yaaas I was immediately drawn to her watching Suite Life of Zack and Cody and actually watched High School Musical as soon as it came out because she was in it (and slayed). My love for her was cemented when she channeled Britney on Headstrong

I loved that she didn’t go the route of EVERY Disney girl where they come out with pop rock music. Ashley really leaned in toward a Britney-esque sound. I was a little bummed with Guilty Pleasure because it was way more rock than before, so I really only listen to Crank It Up.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods

I loved her albums especially Guilty Pleasure.

She had the best debut album out of all the HSM stars imo.

Headstrong was so obviously influenced by Britney.

I think Ashley had the potential to be a big star but Miley already took that spot by that point.

I wonder if Ashley would've still been successful in music if she wasnt in HSM :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

• Like 2
5 hours ago, princessmimi said:

I loved her albums especially Guilty Pleasure.

She had the best debut album out of all the HSM stars imo.

Headstrong was so obviously influenced by Britney.

I think Ashley had the potential to be a big star but Miley already took that spot by that point.

I wonder if Ashley would've still been successful in music if she wasnt in HSM :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

Her managementteam was a mess, they didn't know what to do with her. 

Headstrong very successful in the US, but Guilty Pleasure on the other hand successful in Europe. 

Like come on: It's Alright, it's okay is a bop!

A top 15 hit here in fact, i don't understand the flop in the US. 

They even used it for a trashtv-themesong.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
1 minute ago, Alexanda said:

Her managementteam was a mess, they didn't know what to do with her. 

Headstrong very successful in the US, but Guilty Pleasure on the other hand successful in Europe. 

Like come on: It's Altight, it's okay is a bop!

A top 15 hit here in fact, i don't understand the flop in the US. 

Same!
I also think if she released Guilty Pleasure a year after her debut,

it could've probably done better.

But I think the reason why her albums flopped is cause she releasing adult themed songs

yet still a part of a kid friendly Disney brand.

Like seriously 'He Said, She Said' was VERY sxual, idk why she released it when she was still on Disney.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block