According to @billboard , Britney Spears will be eligible to be inducted into the “Rock & Roll Hall of Fame” in 2024 (after she completes 25 years of career).

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Jaime Jean said:

R&R hall of fame is a joke there are so many artists who should be in there and so many that are and shouldn’t be...that Dolly Parton  was only just nominated this year is unbelievable. 

I think you are unable to keep up with industrial changes, Rock and Roll hall of fame stopped being rock and roll from at least 10 years now maybe even more actually. This is just prediction and nothing confirmed and Lauryn - Britney - Xtina deserves their recognition in this. Also this year Eminem is also nominated along with Dolly - I agree loads of artist are due here but keep in mind this is just a prediction no need to be so pressed about it. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
Just now, Jaime Jean said:

I just think there are so many that should be in there and aren’t spanking genres, it’s unbelievable that Iron Maiden isn’t in there, Motley Crue, Rage Against the Machine, Pat Benatar, Sonic Youth, Kate Bush, Soundgarden, The Smiths theses are just some of the ones I like that have been snubbed for years some 15 plus years that deserve to be in there. I know it’s not just R&R and I believe Britney and Christina deserve to be in there, I just think there are a lot of artist who have been eligible for years now and it’s surprised that they are year after year snubbed.

Grammies has snubbed Britney multiple times, I agree there are artists left out in this especially your take on Iron Maiden I also believe Dream theatre should be there too but it takes time and it happens. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Heitorzinho said:

So how does it work? The label has to send her name or smth?

Lol no, label has no say or do in this after 25 years of completion you are nominated not always but for example Britney is nominated and inducted I believe she will break MJ's record for being the youngest act to get in there - Britney chances to me are high as Blackout is already there but looking at her history if being snubbed I wouldn't be shocked. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, NoGlorySlander said:

I think you are unable to keep up with industrial changes, Rock and Roll hall of fame stopped being rock and roll from at least 10 years now maybe even more actually. This is just prediction and nothing confirmed and Lauryn - Britney - Xtina deserves their recognition in this. Also this year Eminem is also nominated along with Dolly - I agree loads of artist are due here but keep in mind this is just a prediction no need to be so pressed about it. 

Xtina…. 
Ryan Gosling Reaction GIF

• Haha 4
10 minutes ago, Jaime Jean said:

Just because you’re a hater doesn’t mean she doesn’t deserve to be inducted, she’s an amazing multiple Grammy winning artist, who brought something unique to the music industry, both Britney and Christina have changed the music industry and both deserve to be there.christina aguilera dirrty GIF

I'm sorry to disagree but Xtina's impact in pop culture has been practically null imo. Having awards does not secure that you have made an impact, it's only a well-deserved recognition for your work. Madonna has very little awards and yet she's the queen of pop and her impact is timeless :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Sure Xtina had amazing hits like Lady Marmalade, or Beautiful, but that's pretty much about it. Let's not get into details but there's a reason why GP has chosen Britney over her for the past 22 years. Sorry if it sounds bad, but it's a fact :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Jaime Jean said:

I feel sorry for you that you can’t recognize someone’s talent and impact because you’re still stuck on this Britney vs Christina bs from decades ago. They are both talented artists, very different from each other but were pitted against each other because they were both young teenage girls. I think they are both some of the most talented pop artists there have been. Britney Spears 90S GIF 

I never said she's not talented lol, typical response from a Xtina stan.... no one is talking about talent here, I'm talking about impact.  Do you understand the difference? :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

I know truth hurts, but you can go out there and ask people on the street about their impact in pop culture and you will get the response that perhaps you were not expecting :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup: 

• Love 4
  • Like 1

Here's the list that Billboard pulled of artists and when will they be eligible:

Spoiler

Black Eyed Peas, Daft Punk, Hanson, Missy Elliott, Muse

Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Coldplay, Death Cab For Cutie, Lauryn Hill

50 Cent, Brad Paisley, Jennifer Lopez, John Mayer, Lil Wayne

Brandi Carlile, Linkin Park, P!NK

Alicia Keys, Avenged Sevenfold, Blake Shelton, Jack Johnson, The Strokes

The Black Keys, Jhené Aiko, Justin Timberlake, LCD Soundsystem, Maroon 5, My Chemical Romance, Rihanna

Amy Winehouse, Animal Collective, Arcade Fire, Beyoncé, John Legend, Kanye West, Kelly Clarkson, Michael Bublé, Pharrell

Ciara, The Killers

Arctic Monkeys, Carrie Underwood, Chris Brown, Ed Sheeran, Janelle Monáe, Panic! At The Disco

Jennifer Hudson, Jonas Brothers,  St. Vincent, Taylor Swift

Adele, Bon Iver, Demi Lovato, J. Cole, Katy Perry, Luke Bryan, Miley Cyrus, Vampire Weekend

Carly Rae Jepsen, Charli XCX, Childish Gambino, Florence and the Machine, Kid Cudi, Lady Gaga, Lana Del Rey, Mumford & Sons, Tame Impala

Drake, Ellie Goulding, Imagine Dragons, J Balvin, James Blake, Justin Bieber, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Tyler, The Creator

Alesso, Anderson.Paak, Bruno Mars, Mac Miller, Machine Gun Kelly, Nicki Minaj, One Direction

A$AP Rocky, Ariana Grande, Frank Ocean, Jack Harlow, The Weeknd

The 1975, The Chainsmokers, Chance The Rapper, Jack White, Kacey Musgraves, Lorde

Anitta, BTS, Lizzo, Migos, Travis Scott, Sam Smith, Sam Hunt

Doja Cat, H.E.R., Halsey, Kali Uchis, Luke Combs, Meghan Trainor, Phoebe Bridgers, Shawn Mendes, SZA

Camila Cabello, Daniel Caesar, Dua Lipa, Kane Brown, Post Malone

Bad Bunny, Billie Eilish, BLACKPINK, Cardi B, Khalid, Lil Baby, Lil Uzi Vert, Rosalía, ZAYN

Harry Styles, Lewis Capaldi, Megan Thee Stallion, Saweetie

24kGoldn, Juice WRLD, Lil Durk, Lil Nas X, Normani, Rauw Alejandro

Olivia Rodrigo, Gabby Barrett, Gunna, Pop Smoke

• Love 1
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, pablitonizer said:

I'm sorry to disagree but Xtina's impact in pop culture has been practically null imo. Having awards does not secure that you have made an impact, it's only a well-deserved recognition for your work. Madonna has very little awards and yet she's the queen of pop and her impact is timeless :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Sure Xtina had amazing hits like Lady Marmalade, or Beautiful, but that's pretty much about it. Let's not get into details but there's a reason why GP has chosen Britney over her for the past 22 years. Sorry if it sounds bad, but it's a fact :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Just because you dont like xtina does not mean others shouldn't we can have our own opinions like whoever we want we can agree to disagree 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block