Katy Perry: I’m not as famous as Ariana Grande

I am still wondering how Katy became big. Her looks in i kissed a girl r flawless and songs from debut album r bops. But really i do not see her voice being brilliant or her dance moves being iconic. Or her being crazy talented. She does good songs but overall i really think she is overrated.

• Like 2

Honestly think it’s bc music has turned into garbage these days. I feel like my parents when they used to say that about my generation. But it’s true… if she’s not talking about s** in her songs it probably won’t sell. The younger you are the less life experiences you’ve had so you can’t relate to the depth of some of Katy’s songs or where she’s coming from. She’s better when she has substance in her song rather than just a “**** bop”.

In time we’ll realize what’s timeless and what’s not. Personally I don’t find many Ariana songs to be timeless. 

I guess Ari will have her grown up moment soon, with songs about true confidence, strength and wisdom. 

15 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Wow well this is depressing...............

Anyways

She should know that the shelf life of a popstar doesn't last that long plus she doesn't have other ventures to pursue

like how Lady Gaga is acting and Rihanna is doing her Fenty makeup and clothing line.

Plus I feel like she rubbed alot of people the wrong way with her rude and obnoxious comments towards Britney.

Proves you need to be humble on your own otherwise you'll be humbled down and not in a way you'd like

Katy is still slaying on Spotify, though. Currently 43.5 million monthly listeners on Spotify (#28 in the world), and her big numbers are constant. Evidently, there are still tens of millions listening (on that platform and elsewhere).

10 hours ago, icybaby said:

I am still wondering how Katy became big. Her looks in i kissed a girl r flawless and songs from debut album r bops. But really i do not see her voice being brilliant or her dance moves being iconic. Or her being crazy talented. She does good songs but overall i really think she is overrated.

Speaking of her voice... Girl can belt! And she created that cool, vibrant, colourful persona. She definitely has much charisma.

• Love 1

I hate the Katy hate! Exhale is the worst place in the whole world wide web to be a Katy fan. This is like being in a battlefield for us. * plays "Part of Me" *

I love Katy's sense of humor but sometimes I wish she would learn to filter herself, it's almost like an in-person Iggy from Twitter. Like, think twice, girl... Your PR people must be so stressed when you go out.

• Super Mods
7 hours ago, Arckangel said:

Katy is still slaying on Spotify, though. Currently 43.5 million monthly listeners on Spotify (#28 in the world), and her big numbers are constant. Evidently, there are still tens of millions listening (on that platform and elsewhere).

If thats true, then how come she isnt charting on the hot 100?

Dont Spotify plays equal chart success?

11 hours ago, princessmimi said:

If thats true, then how come she isnt charting on the hot 100?

Dont Spotify plays equal chart success?

The OP discussion is wrong, Katy also has a huge spotify playlisting reach her total reach is 728M and listeners are decreasing or increasing daily due to the playlisting. If I listen to a playlist and katy is included in that I will be added onto her listener for a day that's why more listeners is not a big deal. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block