Girls can wear jeans and cut their hair short, wear shorts and boots because it’s ok to be a boy but for a boy to look like a girl is degrading because you think that being a girl is degrading, but secretly you’d love to know what it feels like

rik

49 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

Stream one of ha best ballads:

:martini_telling_talking_preaching_couch:

I love this song- tbh you know how the drowned world tour is basically ray of light and music, I have always considered music to be a more upbeat version. It is heavily supported by William Orbit, or at least attempts to have that sound. Music is a great record honestly (well half of it; the issue with most Madonna albums for me is that some of it is genius while some of it is extra LOL)

what do u think? I also love paradise (not for me) and first discovered it 3 years ago…. It really had me in a trance 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Rik said:

I love this song- tbh you know how the drowned world tour is basically ray of light and music, I have always considered music to be a more upbeat version. It is heavily supported by William Orbit, or at least attempts to have that sound. Music is a great record honestly (well half of it; the issue with most Madonna albums for me is that some of it is genius while some of it is extra LOL)

what do u think? I also love paradise (not for me) and first discovered it 3 years ago…. It really had me in a trance 

Yeah, Music kinda feels like a transitional phase between Ray of Light and American Life, and it has officially become my favorite Madonna album. :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears: I respectfully disagree with you, though, because all of her albums only have like 1-2 songs that I don't exactly love (besides MDNA, of course). :gunney: When it comes to Music, the only song I don't really vibe with is Impressive Instant. It's the Nobody Knows Me of Music. :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink: Can't wait to see what she does with the reissues this year. I hope to God there's unreleased tracks on them. :martini_telling_talking_preaching_couch:

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

Yeah, Music kinda feels like a transitional phase between Ray of Light and American Life, and it has officially become my favorite Madonna album. :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears: I respectfully disagree with you, though, because all of her albums only have like 1-2 songs that I don't exactly love (besides MDNA, of course). :gunney: When it comes to Music, the only song I don't really vibe with is Impressive Instant. It's the Nobody Knows Me of Music. :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink: Can't wait to see what she does with the reissues this year. I hope to God there's unreleased tracks on them. :martini_telling_talking_preaching_couch:

Honestly I made the mistake of making a protest against buying full on Madonna LPs. I think she’s problematic tbh but her ray of light to confessions era is actual perfection in many instances. I bought my friend Music the LP, while I got these mini 7” 45s (they fit in jukeboxes) of Music(the song) on one side and Drowned World (Substitute for Love) on the other…,

aftually the following:

music/drowned world 

power of goodbye/mer girl (I was obsessed with mer girl and still am when I hear it) 

what it feels like for a girl (album version)/ don’t tell me

ugh. Also we should watch the 2001 mtv movie awards. I absolutely adore Kirsten dunst and Jimmy was tolerable back then lol

I watched it a few years back while :smokney2_smoke_britney_blackout_2007_sunglasses_red_cigarette_smoking: and wow time capsule for something I don’t even remember 

• Love 1

Songs I could do without (even though no one asked):

• Madonna - Holiday (and depending on the mood, Everybody, but the production on both songs is immaculate - they're just a bit too repetitive)
  • Like a Virgin - Over and Over, Stay
  • True Blue - Where's the Party, Jimmy Jimmy, Love Makes the World Go Round (probably one of her weakest albums when it comes to b-sides, but the singles are some of the most iconic of her career)
  • Like a Prayer - Promise to Try, Dear Jessie
  • Erotica - none, but if I had to pick one, probably Bye Bye Baby
  • Bedtime Stories - none
  • Ray of Light - still haven't digested this album enough to form an opinion
  • Music - Impressive Instant
  • American Life - Nobody Knows Me
  • Confessions - I Love New York is so cheesy
  • Hard Candy - Spanish Lesson
  • MDNA - way too many :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:
  • Rebel Heart - B-tch I'm Madonna (and maybe Illuminati too)
  • Madame X - Batuka

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Rik said:

The reissue omg what 

She signed a deal with Warner:

NEW YORK, NY – August 16, 2021: Madonna and Warner Music Group today announced a milestone, career-spanning global partnership that includes a new agreement for her entire recorded music catalog.

This partnership marks the revitalization of a decades-long relationship with Warner that began with the release of Madonna’s debut single in 1982. The deal encompasses her entire Sire/Maverick/Warner catalog, including global smash albums such as Madonna, Like a Virgin, True Blue, Like a Prayer, and Ray of Light. It also includes her three most recent studio albums, MDNA, Rebel Heart, and Madame X, which will join the Warner catalog beginning in 2025. All in all, the new pact includes 17 studio albums plus singles, soundtrack recordings, live albums, and compilations.

2022 will mark the  40th anniversary of Madonna’s recording debut. This new deal heralds the launch next year of an extensive, multi-year series of catalog releases that will revisit the groundbreaking music that made her an international icon. For the first time, Madonna will personally curate expansive deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums, as well as introduce unique releases for special events, and much more.

The anniversary edition of True Blue was an absolute letdown (except for the new cover art), but it was released before the announcement of this deal, so I'm still extremely excited for the reissues. :typing_keyboard_computer:

14 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

Songs I could do without (even though no one asked):

• Madonna - Holiday (and depending on the mood, Everybody, but the production on both songs is immaculate - they're just a bit too repetitive)
  • Like a Virgin - Over and Over, Stay
  • True Blue - Where's the Party, Jimmy Jimmy, Love Makes the World Go Round (probably one of her weakest albums when it comes to b-sides, but the singles are some of the most iconic of her career)
  • Like a Prayer - Promise to Try, Dear Jessie
  • Erotica - none, but if I had to pick one, probably Bye Bye Baby
  • Bedtime Stories - none
  • Ray of Light - still haven't digested this album enough to form an opinion
  • Music - Impressive Instant
  • American Life - Nobody Knows Me
  • Confessions - I Love New York is so cheesy
  • Hard Candy - Spanish Lesson
  • MDNA - way too many :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:
  • Rebel Heart - B-tch I'm Madonna (and maybe Illuminati too)
  • Madame X - Batuka

Idk what it is about I love New York but despite its cheesiness I’m Lkke wow I love New York lmao

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

She signed a deal with Warner:

The anniversary edition of True Blue was an absolute letdown (except for the new cover art), but it was released before the announcement of this deal, so I'm still extremely excited for the reissues. :typing_keyboard_computer:

OMF- should I just buy ray of light, music and maybe confessions tbh????? This is exciting and I’m not even a Stan. Genuinely wow 

I hope this is on ray of light

japan exclusive

i read somewhere Madonna doesnt like anything past 13 tracks because it has something to do with it being unlucky? Idek 

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Rik said:

:crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad: when she started getting embarrassing 

Not you clowning the lyrics of God Control in another thread when I Love New York and Impressive Instant are right there. Exhibit A:

"I don't like cities, but I like New York

Other places make me feel like a dork"

The way she substitutes 'cities' with 'places' like 5 times in order to avoid repetition. It's giving 3rd grade essay. :typing_keyboard_computer: Exhibit B:

"I like to singy, singy, singy

Like a bird on a wingy, wingy, wingy

I like to rhumba, rhumba, rhumba

Dance to a samba, samba, samba"

Let's be real - Bestie has always had an affinity for cheesy, tongue-in-cheek lyrics. I do not accept God Control slander. :gunney:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block